Clean your home like a professional with these quick and simple tricks!

Cleaning can seem like a daunting task, especially when it comes to areas with those hard-to-reach nooks and crannies.

But what if you could tackle this chore with the efficiency and speed of a professional cleaner?

Nikita Gridley, a seasoned expert in hotel and home cleaning in Maid2Match, shared her insights on making cleaning quick and easy, transforming it from a dreaded duty into a satisfying accomplishment.

Bringing her cleaning expertise to the VIVA House of Spills Challenge proved her skills beyond doubt, earning her a spot as a finalist among Australia's fastest cleaners.

‘[My experience] has definitely made me more efficient, I have really fine-tuned my skills to make me speedy whilst remaining diligent,’ Gridley said.

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 11.14.49 AM.png
Professional cleaner Nikita Gridley shared her ways on how to clean your home efficiently. Credit: Maid2Match

‘Over the years, professional cleaning has taught me ways to cut down the time and still do a great, thorough clean.’

She revealed that getting that brilliant shine in your home is easier than you might think!

Perfect Your Kitchen Cleaning Routine

According to Gridley, the key to an efficiently cleaned kitchen involves two simple steps.

‘Do all the dry cleaning first, then all the wet. You'll be more efficient while also minimising any cross-contamination. Dust, vacuum and wipe first, then take out the cleaning products,’ she said.

Gridley endorsed multi-purpose cleaners, including white vinegar.

‘You'll save yourself time since you don't need to keep switching products or remember which product is for what surface,’ she said.

Keep Bathroom Mould At Bay

In this area, prevention, indeed is the best medicine.

Gridley recommended regularly drying surfaces with fast-absorbing paper towels after cleaning.

VIVA Multi-use Cleaning Towel is a great option since they're fast-absorbing, so you can dry as quickly as possible,’ she said.

She also recommended opening the windows and doors to speed up the drying process.

Dusting Strategies: Do It Like A Pro

Avoid the pitfall of repeatedly cleaning the same space by employing Gridley's dusting strategy.

‘Work top to bottom, and one side to another! You'll be more efficient and won't end up dirtying a spot you already cleaned,’ she said.

Other professional cleaners, such as Olivia Byrne from Spot on Cleaning, have also suggested this strategy. She said this strategy ‘reduces the amount of dust that spreads around’.

A Bedroom Cleaning Secret

Frustrated with mould or mildew on your bed and mattress?

Here's a Gridley’s secret: ‘Strip your bed first and move it away from the wall to allow airflow while you clean the rest of the room.’

This simple trick reduces moisture and odour build-up, saving you from potential mould troubles.

Faster, Easier Cleaning with Music and Videos

Even professional cleaners need a bit of motivation to clean their homes after a long day's work.

Gridley’s formula is simple: make cleaning fun with music and videos.

‘Sometimes I also put on motivational cleaning videos that are on YouTube, which have taught me several great tips,’ she said.

‘I personally enjoy cleaning kitchens and bathrooms since they are usually the dirtiest areas. But once the house is clean, those are the areas customers appreciate the most.’
Key Takeaways

• Nikita Gridley, a professional cleaner with hotel experience, shares her cleaning tips for efficiency and effectiveness.
  • In the kitchen, Gridley recommended doing all the dry cleaning before any wet cleaning to be more efficient and avoid cross-contamination.
  • For the bathroom, she suggested preventing mould growth by drying surfaces quickly and airing out the space.
  • Gridley motivated herself to clean by listening to music or watching motivational cleaning videos on YouTube and enjoys the satisfaction of cleaning kitchens and bathrooms.
Have you been doing these quick and simple tips when you clean at home? What other tips do you do to clean your home? Share them with us in the comments below!

Reactions: Jen Avo and Ezzy
Sponsored
How many times are we going to be bombarded with cleaning tips. At my age I've got all of them so will stick to what works for me