Clean Your Air Fryer Like a Pro with This Viral Hack: Why Does It Feel So Wrong Yet So Right?

In the world of kitchen gadgets, the air fryer has become a beloved appliance for many Australian seniors, offering a healthier alternative to traditional frying methods. But as with any frequently used kitchen tool, keeping it clean can be a bit of a chore. That's why when a cleaning hack starts making the rounds, especially one that promises to make life easier, we at the Seniors Discount Club are all ears!

The latest cleaning sensation to sweep through the air fryer community comes courtesy of Tanya Home Inspo, a British-based home hack TikTok influencer. Her method, which has garnered a whopping 3.6 million views, involves using the air fryer's own cooking system to clean itself with nothing more than water and a bit of dish soap.

'This hack has been going around and I just had to give it a try. I'm all about adopting things into my routine that will make my life easier,' Tanya explained on her Instagram page. The process is simple: fill the air fryer with water, add some dish soap, and let the appliance run for about three minutes. According to Tanya, this should loosen up all the grease and grime, making it easy to rinse off and leave your air fryer looking like new.

1719202978334.png
Tanya showed a quick and easy trick for a sparkling clean air fryer. Credit: @tanyahomeinspo / TikTok

However, Tanya does offer a word of caution: 'Disclaimer be sure to read your manual before trying this,' she warns. It's important to note that some air fryer manufacturers advise against putting water directly into the appliance. Always check your user manual to avoid any potential damage.

The response to this cleaning hack has been overwhelmingly positive, with fans praising its ingenuity. 'Just done this. Worked so well I couldn't believe it,' one person commented. Another eager fan said, 'My mum just got one I can’t wait to try this. Thank you.' The hack even elicited a humorous reaction from one viewer who quipped, 'Why does this feel illegal?,' earning a flurry of likes.

Despite the enthusiasm, some TikTok users reminded others to heed their specific air fryer's instructions, as not all models may be suitable for this method. 'My air fryer instructions specifically say not to put water in it,' a concerned fan pointed out. Tanya reassured that her model allows for water, but it's a reminder that not all air fryers are created equal.

There were also skeptics who suggested that the traditional method of washing in the sink might be quicker. Tanya's reply was all about personal convenience: unless someone else is willing to clean her air fryer in five minutes, she'll stick to her hack to save time and effort.

At the Seniors Discount Club, we understand the value of time-saving tricks that don't compromise on effectiveness. Cleaning can be a tedious task, and if there's a way to simplify it without causing harm, why not embrace it?

So, dear members, have you tried this viral air fryer cleaning hack? Or do you have other tricks up your sleeve for keeping your air fryer spick and span? Share your experiences and tips in the comments below – we love hearing from you!

And remember, if you're ever in doubt about a cleaning method, consult your air fryer's manual or reach out to the manufacturer. It's always better to be safe than sorry, especially when it comes to taking care of our beloved kitchen helpers.

Key Takeaways
  • Tanya Home Inspo, a home hack TikTok influencer, shared a viral air fryer cleaning hack using water and detergent.
  • The hack involves filling the air fryer with water and dish soap and running it for a short time to loosen grease before rinsing.
  • The method received a positive response online, although some air fryer users reminded others to check their manuals as not all models advise adding water.
  • Tanya's video on the cleaning tip has garnered over 3.6 million views, indicating many people are interested in time-saving cleaning methods.

Never miss a thing. Sign up to our newsletter for more tips, tricks, and stories tailored for the over 60s. Or if you have a story idea or a tip you'd like to share, we're all ears! Email us at our dedicated inbox and let's make life a little easier, together.

Sponsored
That ain't a new tip I have been doing it for years and before airfryers I used round fanforced portable oven for many years they a small round glass bowl with a fanforced element and timer etc on the top, we have been using these for many years, now they are airfryers many varieties all do the job very well.

Reactions: Phyll
Have used an airfryer for 20 years. The original unit was not digital. Have cleaned them all in this manner. After use while still warm, wipe out with slightly damp paper towel. Then add a moderate amount of water, with a squirt of dish washing liquid and a splash of vinegar into the base of the airfryer, leaving the basket in. Don't overfill ...as when you turn it on for 4 minutes, the water will agitate and clean base of unit.
RINSE And wipe out to clean.

Wipe out again.
Spotless.

Have used an airfryer for 20 years. The original unit was not digital. Have cleaned them all in this manner. After use while still warm, wipe out with slightly damp paper towel. Then add a moderate amount of water, with a squirt of dish washing liquid and a splash of vinegar into the base of the airfryer, leaving the basket in. Don't overfill ...as when you turn it on for 4 minutes, the water will agitate and clean base of unit.
RINSE And wipe out to clean.

Wipe out again.
Spotless.
I do this also. Works well.