Clean every hard surface in your home with only ONE product

Cleaning the house can sometimes get overwhelming (not to mention pricey), especially when you have to use so many different cleaning products.

So you might be surprised to learn that a professional cleaner from Melbourne has shared that you only need one cleaning product to clean every hard surface in your home.

BGwm7YfrEFmwI8MQg-I40ixeS2BEi1SodIPPMUZYEoN7M5JomFutHPu_Le58h4f9PTZA6jBkPl5go829TYh09ILgs0wfCIkA7P-g6V7Zuqj4dL0HiyIXz-RNR1oJDiRRqj8TBEoC

Kacie Stephens owns the cleaning business The Big Clean Co. Photos from Instagram / @thebigcleanco.

Kacie Stephens said in her now-viral TikTok video: “I’m here to show you that you have been sold a lie.”

The Aussie mum revealed that she uses dishwashing liquid to clean everything in her home, from greasy stovetops, ovens, sinks, shower screens, bathroom mirrors, and floors.

“You do not need a different cleaning product for every surface of your house. You only need one.”

“Dishwashing liquid, dish soap, washing up liquid - wherever you’re from and whatever you call it - it’s our 100 per cent certified can’t-live-without product,” said Kacie, who is the owner of the cleaning business The Big Clean Co.

“Don’t get caught up on the fact it’s marketed for dishes. It’s essentially just a detergent. We can clean just about anything with it.”

One viewer wondered whether mixing dishwashing liquid with vinegar to create a cleaning solution would be viable. The professional cleaner replied by pointing out that both products contain “different pH levels” so they “work more effectively on their own”.

“Dish soap goes straight onto a cloth; vinegar works best in a spray bottle,” she added.

In her other videos, Kacie demonstrated how to use dishwashing liquid to clean different rooms in your house. For a greasy stovetop, she said: “Wash all your loose parts in hot soapy water and then lather up your stovetop; this is what’s going to cut through that grease.”

“Now, here is the trick; all you need to finish this off is one clean, dry cloth - that’ll remove everything and leave you with a professional polish.”

For crystal clear windows, Kacie advises people to stop complicating things, saying: “Cleaning your shower screen is really simple.”

“You put some dishwashing liquid on a microfibre cloth, and you wipe it with some water, you rinse, squeeze, polish, done.”

Many cleaning enthusiasts were amazed at her methods, with one woman saying: “I cleaned my entire house with dishwashing liquid and water for my end-of-lease. I got my full bond back, and real estate asked which cleaning firm I hired.”

One apprentice chef agreed with Kacie and even said, “We clean our benches with dishwashing liquid. If we can use it for dishes, we can use it where we prep food.”

Who knew dishwashing liquid could be such a powerhouse! Have you tried this cleaning hack yet?

Sponsored
when I m hiking for days/weeks dishwashing liquid is my magical go to. I use it to wash my dishes, of course, but also my clothes, sometimes even in the shower if I run out of soap/shampoo. works everytime, and my backpack is lighter!!

Reactions: Phyll
I have been using dishwashing liquid for everything for years! Its the best! However, I haven't tried it on floors. Maybe I will give it a go after my floor cleaner is finished