Christmas comes early! Lucky customers report saving thousands with a supermarket's rewards program

Are you a savvy shopper looking to make the most of your grocery budget? If so, you're always on the hunt for ways to save money and stretch your hard-earned dollars even further.

Well, we've got some exciting news for you! If you're not already a member of Woolworths' Everyday Rewards program, you might be missing out on some serious perks.

Not only can you earn points on your everyday purchases, but you can also cash them in for money off your next grocery shop or snag exclusive offers. And let's face it, who doesn't love a good deal?

But wait, there's more! It turns out that a few lucky Woolies customers may have hit the jackpot and scored even bigger rewards than they bargained for. We've all heard stories of people racking up impressive rewards balances, but these customers take the cake… Or so we thought.

Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 9.31.58 AM.png
Woolworths customers are urged to check their Everyday Rewards accounts after a shopper was informed she'd scored over $26,000. Credit: Twitter, Facebook.

Recently, two gobsmacked Woolworths shoppers received the news that they had apparently saved $26,590 and $2,840 each through the supermarket's 'Bank for Christmas' feature.

Now that's what we call a Christmas miracle! Naturally, the ecstatic Everyday Rewards members took to social media to share their excitement.

However, things got confusing when they discovered that the massive sums of money weren't showing up in their accounts.

One shopper even took to Twitter to ask, 'Just wondering how I can access the $26k I apparently have saved in three months towards Christmas. It doesn't seem to be showing in my account.'

The shoppers were among the 'top one per cent of Everyday Rewards earners', according to the message from Woolworths. But the discrepancy left them wondering if they had actually saved thousands of dollars for the holiday season or if it was just a glitch in the system.

Either way, we can't help but agree with the shopper who said, '$26k would come in handy.' Who wouldn't want an unexpected windfall like that?

Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 9.31.48 AM.png
The Everyday Extra subscription comes with bonus benefits, freebies and offers, which are emailed monthly to subscribers. Credit: Woolworths.

Woolworths is taking the claims seriously and is investigating the matter further. A spokesperson for the supermarket said that even though they do have a dedicated 'Bank for Christmas' feature, they were 'surprised' by the situation and are following up with the customers directly.

While there's a chance that the enormous bonuses were due to a technical error, it's always a good idea to keep a close eye on our rewards accounts and ensure that everything adds up correctly.

After all, nobody wants to miss out on potential savings, especially during the holiday season when every dollar counts.

So, whether you're a loyal Woolworths shopper or a member of another rewards program, it's worth reviewing your account regularly and flagging any discrepancies as soon as possible. You never know; you could be one of the lucky ones who hits the rewards jackpot!

Key Takeaways

• Two Woolworths customers recently received notifications from the supermarket claiming they had saved $26,590 and $2,840 each through the loyalty program's 'Bank for Christmas' feature.
  • However, when they checked their accounts, they found the sums weren't showing up, leading to confusion and speculation about a possible glitch.
  • Woolworths said they are investigating the matter and urged customers to check their rewards accounts for any discrepancies regularly.

The recent news of Woolworths customers receiving unexpected and substantial bonuses through the supermarket's loyalty program has sparked both excitement and confusion.

While it's possible that this was a glitch in the system, it's a reminder for all of us to keep an eye on our rewards accounts and make sure that we're taking advantage of all potential savings.

It also raises the question of the role that loyalty programs play in our shopping habits.

Members, do you participate in loyalty programs? Have you ever received an unexpected bonus or reward that exceeded your expectations? Or do you feel like loyalty programs are more trouble than they're worth? Let us know in the comments!

Sponsored
Are you a savvy shopper looking to make the most of your grocery budget? If so, you're always on the hunt for ways to save money and stretch your hard-earned dollars even further.

Well, we've got some exciting news for you! If you're not already a member of Woolworths' Everyday Rewards program, you might be missing out on some serious perks.

Not only can you earn points on your everyday purchases, but you can also cash them in for money off your next grocery shop or snag exclusive offers. And let's face it, who doesn't love a good deal?

But wait, there's more! It turns out that a few lucky Woolies customers may have hit the jackpot and scored even bigger rewards than they bargained for. We've all heard stories of people racking up impressive rewards balances, but these customers take the cake… Or so we thought.

View attachment 18967
Woolworths customers are urged to check their Everyday Rewards accounts after a shopper was informed she'd scored over $26,000. Credit: Twitter, Facebook.

Recently, two gobsmacked Woolworths shoppers received the news that they had apparently saved $26,590 and $2,840 each through the supermarket's 'Bank for Christmas' feature.

Now that's what we call a Christmas miracle! Naturally, the ecstatic Everyday Rewards members took to social media to share their excitement.

However, things got confusing when they discovered that the massive sums of money weren't showing up in their accounts.

One shopper even took to Twitter to ask, 'Just wondering how I can access the $26k I apparently have saved in three months towards Christmas. It doesn't seem to be showing in my account.'

The shoppers were among the 'top one per cent of Everyday Rewards earners', according to the message from Woolworths. But the discrepancy left them wondering if they had actually saved thousands of dollars for the holiday season or if it was just a glitch in the system.

Either way, we can't help but agree with the shopper who said, '$26k would come in handy.' Who wouldn't want an unexpected windfall like that?

View attachment 18968
The Everyday Extra subscription comes with bonus benefits, freebies and offers, which are emailed monthly to subscribers. Credit: Woolworths.

Woolworths is taking the claims seriously and is investigating the matter further. A spokesperson for the supermarket said that even though they do have a dedicated 'Bank for Christmas' feature, they were 'surprised' by the situation and are following up with the customers directly.

While there's a chance that the enormous bonuses were due to a technical error, it's always a good idea to keep a close eye on our rewards accounts and ensure that everything adds up correctly.

After all, nobody wants to miss out on potential savings, especially during the holiday season when every dollar counts.

So, whether you're a loyal Woolworths shopper or a member of another rewards program, it's worth reviewing your account regularly and flagging any discrepancies as soon as possible. You never know; you could be one of the lucky ones who hits the rewards jackpot!

Key Takeaways

• Two Woolworths customers recently received notifications from the supermarket claiming they had saved $26,590 and $2,840 each through the loyalty program's 'Bank for Christmas' feature.
  • However, when they checked their accounts, they found the sums weren't showing up, leading to confusion and speculation about a possible glitch.
  • Woolworths said they are investigating the matter and urged customers to check their rewards accounts for any discrepancies regularly.

The recent news of Woolworths customers receiving unexpected and substantial bonuses through the supermarket's loyalty program has sparked both excitement and confusion.

While it's possible that this was a glitch in the system, it's a reminder for all of us to keep an eye on our rewards accounts and make sure that we're taking advantage of all potential savings.

It also raises the question of the role that loyalty programs play in our shopping habits.

Members, do you participate in loyalty programs? Have you ever received an unexpected bonus or reward that exceeded your expectations? Or do you feel like loyalty programs are more trouble than they're worth? Let us know in the comments!
I only recently joined the rewards program at Woolworths. I have elected to save up my bonuses for Christmas. I already have $60 in my account. Not much to some but a good amount to me. Even if I have $100 by Christmas it will be a huge help. I also find myself watching out for the weekly bonuses and if it’s something I normally buy I get them. It adds up. However the fuel vouchers I find are a bit of a joke with their 4cents a litre off. I have shopped around locally and outside my area if I’m travelling and found that the servos connected to the rewards programs are always at least 4cents more expensive than the next servo down the road. So I don’t bother to use the fuel vouchers. It’s almost a joke and basically says we will give you 4 cents a litre off - but first let’s add it onto our normal price. 🙄

View attachment 18967

View attachment 18968

Key Takeaways

26 Grand, yeah right! gullible much.
We spend a heap at Woolies and get $10 off approx every three shops. Also, I have my car insurance with them and I get 10% off once a month, so that's a great saving.

View attachment 18967

View attachment 18968

Key Takeaways

I too have recvd cash back in my groceries with the woolworths reward programme but also very wary when it seems I’m getting emails from them regarding other ways to build on them and with scams everywhere I don’t go into them.

I recently received an email advising that I had received a $300 bonus for my Christmas shopping. Figured it was a scam so just deleted the email. Too good to be true for sure.
Agree, sounds more like a scam.