Chicken Stuffed with Feta and Spinach great for Diabetics

Someone asked me if I actually make all these recipes and the answer is YES everything I post is tried and tested by me.

Today I'm sharing awhole lot of recipes that I make for hubby who is diabetic.
But these are delicious recipes for anyone to make.
Serves 2

Spinach-Feta-Stuffed-Chicken-_EXPS_SDON16_176968_A06_02_9b.jpg

Ingredients​

• 1 large bunch spinach , (about 10 cups) roughly chopped, remember spinach shrinks when cooked
  • 1 teaspoons cider vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs
  • 1/2 teaspoon chicken seasoning buy in herb n spice section
  • 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 3/4 cup reduced salt chicken broth
  • 1 teaspoon butter

Directions​

1. Preheat oven to 180 C or 160 fan forced. In a large pan / skillet, cook and stir spinach over medium-high heat until wilted. Stir in vinegar, sugar and pepper; cool slightly.
  2. Pound chicken thighs with a meat mallet to flatten slightly; sprinkle with chicken seasoning. Top chicken with spinach mixture and cheese. Roll up chicken from a long side; tie securely with either kitchen string or a couple of tooth picks
  3. In a pan or skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add chicken and brown on all sides. Transfer to an oven pan and cook in oven; roast 18-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside
  4. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
  5. On stovetop, add stock and butter to skillet / pan ; bring to a boil, stirring . Cook until slightly thickened, 3-5 minutes. Serve with the chicken.
This dish can be served with steamed vegetables, Garden salad or polenta

Last edited:
Sponsored
Someone asked me if I actually make all these recipes and the answer is YES everything I post is tried and tested by me.

Today I'm sharing awhole lot of recipes that I make for hubby who is diabetic.
But these are delicious recipes for anyone to make.
Serves 2

View attachment 30359

Ingredients​

• 1 large bunch spinach , (about 10 cups) roughly chopped, remember spinach shrinks when cooked
  • 1 teaspoons cider vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs
  • 1/2 teaspoon chicken seasoning buy in herb n spice section
  • 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 3/4 cup reduced salt chicken broth
  • 1 teaspoon butter

Directions​

1. Preheat oven to 180 C or 160 fan forced. In a large pan / skillet, cook and stir spinach over medium-high heat until wilted. Stir in vinegar, sugar and pepper; cool slightly.
  2. Pound chicken thighs with a meat mallet to flatten slightly; sprinkle with chicken seasoning. Top chicken with spinach mixture and cheese. Roll up chicken from a long side; tie securely with either kitchen string or a couple of tooth picks
  3. In a pan or skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add chicken and brown on all sides. Transfer to an oven pan and cook in oven; roast 18-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside
  4. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
  5. On stovetop, add stock and butter to skillet / pan ; bring to a boil, stirring . Cook until slightly thickened, 3-5 minutes. Serve with chicken.
This dish can be served with steamed vegetables, Garden salad or polenta

Looking forward to further recipes. This one looks delicious. We will use rolled thighs and toothpicks to hold together. For the pedants, 'rolled chicken thighs'.

Reactions: Suzanne rose
Aldi used to sell something similar, it was chicken breast with ricotta and spinach inside , covered in filo pastry . It was lovely and a quick meal when you in a hurry with some vegetables .
By the way , don’t worry about the typo , I do a lot especially when the words are printed on the bottom and another word comes up which you did not type at all . No-one is perfect , you doing a good job . (y) :).