SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
James Matthew Najera

James Matthew Najera

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 26, 2024
Cherished family memories

Hey, SDC fam! 🌞

Hope you're all having an awesome day! So, I've been diving into some old family photo albums today and got hit with a wave of nostalgia. It's crazy how a single photo can bring back so many memories, right?

Got me thinking—let's turn this into a fun community moment! Do you have a favourite family photo or a cherished memory that always makes you smile? Maybe a goofy family picnic, a big celebration, or just a simple, heartwarming moment at home?

Share your snapshots and stories with us! 📸 We'd love to see and hear all about those special times. Who knows, your photo might just make someone's day!

Drop your pics and memories in the comments below. Can't wait to see them!

Cheers,
Blue 💙

Here’s one of those weird and wonderful family memories!…
My parents had a 2 story house, back in the 90’s. I was not living at home then. They were retired. Each day they had a sit down lunch at a long dining table in the dining room on 2 nd story. This particular day they were happily chatting away and suddenly my dad disappeared! Mum was in total shock as he was completely gone! she ran over to find a hole in the carpet and looking through found dad lying on top of the car in the garage below! Turns out TERMITES had eaten the floor joists and he fell through the floor!
We Always laughed about that story though the repair bill was very expensive!

Reactions: Lynnyrose
This is a very old memory of mine. I think it was around 1964/65 We didn't have a lot of money in the "old days" & my parents took me on a family trip in a caravan to the snowy & we drove & walked up Mt Kosciuszko. It was a very exciting time for a 14 20240206_132235.jpgyear old who had never been anywhere except the western suburbs of Sydney. And I love the memory of cuddling my mother who died quite young. A wonderful memory for me!

Last edited:
This is a very old memory of mine. I think it was around 1964/65 We didn't have a lot of money in the "old days" & my parents took me on a family trip in a caravan to the snowy & we drove & walked up Mt Kosciuszko. It was a very exciting time for a 14 View attachment 60043year old who had never been anywhere except the western suburbs of Sydney. And I love the memory of cuddling my mother who died quite young. A wonderful memory for me!
When we were young we went to live in my grand-dads old house to look after him after my auntie had committed suicide in the front room.lt was a old house with two cellars and three floors and l remember one night rushing upstairs and seeing this figure all dressed in white carrying a candle coming towards me.l let out a scream then l realised it was my old auntie.