Jul 1, 2023
Car Transmission Service Joondalup WA

Hello Members,
Can anyone recommend someone to me that can help to identify a possible Auto Transmission Fault on a 2005 Hyundai Getz Auto with 96 thousand kilometers traveled since new .
Thanking you in anticipation of you allowing me some of your time and consideration.

Reactions: janj

Hello Members,
Can anyone recommend someone to me that can help to identify a possible Auto Transmission Fault on a 2005 Hyundai Getz Auto with 96 thousand kilometers traveled since new .
Thanking you in anticipation of you allowing me some of your time and consideration.
So what is your fault?

Hello Members,
When did it last have a transmission oil and filter change?

Reactions: Defiant540

Hello Members,
take it to hyundai dealer for a service

So what is your fault?
When travelling between 60 - 70 klms per hour, Transmission seems to be slipping.
It doesn't do it all the time and I have No Warning Lights on the dash, it had a full Transmission Service last year and the Timing Chain was changed at 90 Klms as per the maintenance requirements.
I can go for weeks or days without any issue and then suddenly it starts again as though it doesn't know what gear its changing to.
Been maintained by Hyundai Mobile Mechanic but cant get hold of him.
Wild West Hyundai have not responded to my calls to speak to the Service Department and I get put on hold that many times, I gave up on them.
Someone is saying it could be a Speed Sensor, I had a Diagnostic Check on the 18th September 2023 and the check came back with nothing to report.

Reactions: HelenK
To all those members that have responded back to me, BIG BIG THANK-YOU TO YOU ALL for your kind consideration and taking your time to try to help.
Nice People, Nice People Thank-You!

When travelling between 60 - 70 klms per hour, Transmission seems to be slipping.
It doesn't do it all the time and I have No Warning Lights on the dash, it had a full Transmission Service last year and the Timing Chain was changed at 90 Klms as per the maintenance requirements.
I can go for weeks or days without any issue and then suddenly it starts again as though it doesn't know what gear its changing to.
Been maintained by Hyundai Mobile Mechanic but cant get hold of him.
Wild West Hyundai have not responded to my calls to speak to the Service Department and I get put on hold that many times, I gave up on them.
Someone is saying it could be a Speed Sensor, I had a Diagnostic Check on the 18th September 2023 and the check came back with nothing to report.
Hello, this could be a synchronising fault between the input and output sensors in the transmission, this won't always show a code.

Reactions: Observer
Hello, this could be a synchronising fault between the input and output sensors in the transmission, this won't always show a code.
Thanks ColinG Your a real Gentleman and your response is really appreciated, just got to find someone who can give an honest estimate of the cost to fix.

Get a new car.👍
Go on then, I will swap mine for your's, we like our Little Getz and have grown quite attached to it.
Everyone tells us that its immaculate for its age and so was my Granny.
Wise Words are Said in Jest [ A SECOND CLASS DRIVE IS BETTER THAN A FIRST CLASS WALK ]
Thanks for responding though, your a Nice Person.
Read All About It - Read All About It, Some Silly Getz is Selling his Getz

• Haha
Reactions: Observer