Can you spot the secret image hidden in the Great Northern logo?

When we think of branding, our minds usually go straight to symbols, logos, or special fonts. But did you know some of your favourite brands also hide surprising images within their designs?

This was the case with an eagle-eyed Aussie who exposed a hidden image in an iconic beer brand.

Can you spot it?

A sharp-eyed mum has gone viral after revealing a hidden image in the Great Northern logo. So what could it be?

Paige Bush uploaded a video on the social media platform TikTok to prove a point to her family after they called her ‘crazy’.

‘Once you see it, you can’t unsee it,’ she wrote alongside her video.

image1.jpg
Do you think you’ve got a good eye for detail? Credit: The Great Northern Brewing Co.

The lager brand was established in Cairns in 1927 and features a picture of a marlin in its logo. To the naked eye, nothing seems to be out of the ordinary.

However, as Ms Bush pointed out to her family members while they were having a barbecue, another creature was tucked away in the fish’s outline: a bird.

‘Do you know there’s actually a bird head as well? Everyone thinks I am making it up, or I am drunk, or I am going crazy when I try to tell them,’ she said in the clip.

‘They’re like, “no, there’s not”, but yes there is and it stresses me out because literally no one ever believes me,’ Ms Bush continued.

The woman then went on to explain where the ‘bird head’ was on the bottle.

‘You’ve really got to look hard, but once you find it you will never not see it,’ she claimed.

image2.jpg
Ms Bush claimed no one believes her when she says there’s a bird head in the logo. Credit: The Great Northern Brewing Co.

Ms Bush then demonstrated how to find the hidden image while holding a beer bottle. She covered the marlin’s top fin and the first third of its body, and a tiny fin at the bottom of the image.

Then, she showed how to find the bird for a second time with the help of a green screen, however, it was still difficult to see. Still, in both demonstrations, Ms Bush concluded that the fish’s tail could be a bird’s beak and another one of its fins was its crest.

As of writing, Ms Bush’s TikTok account has gone private and the video of her demonstration could not be collected.

In a sudden turn of events, The Great Northern Brewing Co also shared the finding on their Facebook page and agreed that Ms Bush was right.

‘We see it … having a word to our intern graphic designer. And then a beer,’ the company joked and posted a photo explaining how they see the bird.

image3.jpg
Can you see the bird now? Credit: The Great Northern Brewing Co.

Ms Bush later revealed that the brewing company was going to send her some of their products for her efforts.

Thousands of beer lovers admitted to also seeing the bird.

‘Yep, it is a blue jay,’ one agreed.

‘I can kind of see a bird, but it doesn't have a lower beak though. Well-spotted,’ another replied.

‘Looks like a kookaburra,’ someone suggested.

Another wrote: ‘I had that “woah” moment when I realised that there is in fact a bird head.’

However, the mum did receive some backlash for her observations. That said, she had no issues handling the comments on her own in a second video she posted as a follow-up.

‘I just want to clear something up … no, I do not think I am the first person that discovered this, I simply point it out to someone every time I see someone drinking it,’ she said before adding that she uploaded the first clip to prove that she wasn’t ‘crazy’ and just wanted to prove a point.

‘I can’t understand how seriously some people are taking it … you seem like you need to have a few Great Northerns.’

More hidden images with surprising meanings have been found by social media users all over Australia. In one instance, an educator shared the design meaning behind the Australia Post logo, which you can read more about here.

Major retailer ALDI also has a secret behind their iconic logo, and it ties into their theme of providing value for money to their customers. You can read more about that here.
Key Takeaways
  • A TikTok user has exposed the secret image of the Great Northern logo.
  • The hidden feature is said to be a 'bird head'.
  • Viewers of the video were able to confirm that they could see the bird.
  • The video has racked up hundreds of thousands of views – with many saying they will never look at the logo in the same way now.
Do you have a favourite logo or brand design that contains a hidden message? We’d love to know about it! Share your fun facts in the comments below!

Sponsored
When we think of branding, our minds usually go straight to symbols, logos, or special fonts. But did you know some of your favourite brands also hide surprising images within their designs?

This was the case with an eagle-eyed Aussie who exposed a hidden image in an iconic beer brand.

Can you spot it?

A sharp-eyed mum has gone viral after revealing a hidden image in the Great Northern logo. So what could it be?

Paige Bush uploaded a video on the social media platform TikTok to prove a point to her family after they called her ‘crazy’.

View attachment 14554
Do you think you’ve got a good eye for detail? Credit: The Great Northern Brewing Co.

The lager brand was established in Cairns in 1927 and features a picture of a marlin in its logo. To the naked eye, nothing seems to be out of the ordinary.

However, as Ms Bush pointed out to her family members while they were having a barbecue, another creature was tucked away in the fish’s outline: a bird.

‘Do you know there’s actually a bird head as well? Everyone thinks I am making it up, or I am drunk, or I am going crazy when I try to tell them,’ she said in the clip.

‘They’re like, “no, there’s not”, but yes there is and it stresses me out because literally no one ever believes me,’ Ms Bush continued.

‘You’ve really got to look hard, but once you find it you will never not see it,’ she claimed.

View attachment 14555
Ms Bush claimed no one believes her when she says there’s a bird head in the logo. Credit: The Great Northern Brewing Co.

Ms Bush then demonstrated how to find the hidden image while holding a beer bottle. She covered the marlin’s top fin and the first third of its body, and a tiny fin at the bottom of the image.

Then, she showed how to find the bird for a second time with the help of a green screen, however, it was still difficult to see. Still, in both demonstrations, Ms Bush concluded that the fish’s tail could be a bird’s beak and another one of its fins was its crest.

As of writing, Ms Bush’s TikTok account has gone private and the video of her demonstration could not be collected.

In a sudden turn of events, The Great Northern Brewing Co also shared the finding on their Facebook page and agreed that Ms Bush was right.

‘We see it … having a word to our intern graphic designer. And then a beer,’ the company joked and posted a photo explaining how they see the bird.

View attachment 14556

Ms Bush later revealed that the brewing company was going to send her some of their products for her efforts.

‘I can kind of see a bird, but it doesn't have a lower beak though. Well-spotted,’ another replied.

Another wrote: ‘I had that “woah” moment when I realised that there is in fact a bird head.’

However, the mum did receive some backlash for her observations. That said, she had no issues handling the comments on her own in a second video she posted as a follow-up.

‘I just want to clear something up … no, I do not think I am the first person that discovered this, I simply point it out to someone every time I see someone drinking it,’ she said before adding that she uploaded the first clip to prove that she wasn’t ‘crazy’ and just wanted to prove a point.

‘I can’t understand how seriously some people are taking it … you seem like you need to have a few Great Northerns.’

More hidden images with surprising meanings have been found by social media users all over Australia. In one instance, an educator shared the design meaning behind the Australia Post logo, which you can read more about here.

Major retailer ALDI also has a secret behind their iconic logo, and it ties into their theme of providing value for money to their customers. You can read more about that here.
Key Takeaways

• The video has racked up hundreds of thousands of views – with many saying they will never look at the logo in the same way now.
Do you have a favourite logo or brand design that contains a hidden message? We’d love to know about it! Share your fun facts in the comments below!
Yep,,, took a while.
I'm also wondering if the smaller 'fish' or 'shrimp' was unintentional too...?

Can you spot it?

View attachment 14554

View attachment 14555

View attachment 14556

Key Takeaways

Toblerone has a bear on the mountain.

Can you spot it?

View attachment 14554

View attachment 14555

View attachment 14556

Key Takeaways

I can see two birds. One looking left, the other looking right.