Can Kmart’s cordless vacuum cleaner compete with Dyson?

When it comes to vacuum cleaners, big-name brands such as Bosch or Dyson have been the go-to options for those who have the cash to spend. That said, they do come with an expensive price tag.

So, if you’re in the market for a new vacuum cleaner that’s not going to break the bank, a recent review of a quality cleaning tool from Kmart might make you reconsider.

According to consumer organisation CHOICE, Kmart’s vacuum cleaners are a ‘no-go’. Based on their testing and research, Kmart’s Anko-branded vacuum cleaners rated ‘poor to OK’ when it comes to cleaning.

But it seems some of Kmart’s shoppers disagree – especially when it comes to the Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner from the retailer. Some even said it’s just as good as a Dyson!

According to the product description, Kmart’s vacuum cleaner has a 1-litre large dust canister capacity and boasts 280W of powerful, brushless motor. It is cordless, can be controlled through a touch-screen panel, has 5-speed control and a HEPA filter, and can run for up to 55 minutes at a low speed.

dyson1.jpg
Kmart’s Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner works just as well as a Dyson, according to some shoppers. Credit: Kmart

Kmart’s cleaning tool costs $159, which is a little on the expensive side. But compared to Dyson’s cheapest product – the Light Ball Multi Floor + Vacuum, priced at $399 – Kmart’s item is a bargain buy.

Customer gave stellar reviews of Kmart’s vacuum cleaner, with many attesting to its cleaning abilities.

‘Highly recommend for people looking for a cheap but effective alternative to Dyson,’ one shared.

Another said: ‘Very good vacuum and just about as good as the big-name brands at 5 times the price. Highly recommend.’

‘Works as well as a Dyson,’ someone else confirmed.

These rave reviews are also backed by the consumer comparison website Canstar Blue. According to Canstar, Kmart’s Anko brand ‘offers great quality at rock-bottom prices’.

‘Kmart may be the unofficial home of affordable and trendy homewares, but the department store has also made a name for itself in the appliances and white goods space,’ they explained.

In one of their reviews, they listed the following models that Kmart customers can choose from:
‘In recent times, it’s the 2-in-1 cordless stick vacuum that has attracted so much fanfare, with the $79 vacuum claimed to deliver cleaning results equal to, or even superior to, the big brands costing hundreds of dollars,’ the comparison website stated.

dyson2.jpg
According to Canstar Blue, stick vacuums are ‘all the rage’ these days. Credit: Kmart

Based on consumer research, stick vacuums are popular among homeowners in Australia. ‘For the cordless variety, you’ll pay extra for the privilege,’ Canstar Blue stated.

‘The cheapest of the bunch is the 2-in-1 Cordless Stick Vacuum (pictured above) which retails for just $79. It comes in a sleek white robotic design and with all the right features and accessories to whiz through your cleaning,’ they added.

The 2-in-1 Cordless Stick vacuum has a motorised power brush, a foldable handle, and a 14.8V rechargeable lithium battery. Many of Kmart’s customers labelled this product as ‘easy to use’ or an all-around good vacuum cleaner that provides great value for money.

‘I really like this vacuum. I was after one that had a brush attachment for doing flat surfaces like bedside tables and tops of computer desks, and this one is just perfect,’ one shared before adding that the noise coming from the vacuum is ‘easier on the ears’.

‘Very happy with our purchase. Performs just like other cordless vacuums but much more affordable,’ another wrote.

Someone else said they needed a vacuum that could get the cleaning done quickly in between their regular vacuuming, and this product was ‘just perfect’ for them. ‘Picks up cat hair better than my Dyson!’ They claimed.

‘My priorities were price and design (in terms of both functionality and aesthetics), and I love everything that was delivered in those terms…I now breeze through my entire two-bedroom and living carpeted area, seamlessly hit the tiled bathrooms and kitchen, and cover all necessary raised surfaces in record time and without breaking a sweat,’ one customer reviewed.

‘I had no idea how much fur was on the mats as you couldn’t tell by looking, but this machine picked up so much. It’s super easy to use,’ another replied.
Key Takeaways
  • Kmart’s cordless vacuum cleaner has received five-star reviews from customers who say it ‘works as well as a Dyson’.
  • The Kmart vacuum cleaner features a touch screen control, large touch panel, 5-speed control, auto mode, HEPA filter and a 55-minute maximum run time.
  • Customers praised the Kmart vacuum cleaner for being easy to assemble and empty.
  • Kmart’s vacuum cleaners can be purchased online and in stores.
Do you own one of these vacuum cleaners? Will you be trying one out? If so, we’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below! We found it so interesting that Canstar Blue and CHOICE had such differing opinions.

Sponsored
Never bought a Kmart vacuum cleaner before, so I don't know. Not sure how they can 'compare it' with a Dyson, as Dyson has a range of stick vacuum cleaners that are low oomph to high effectiveness suction.
But hey, if Kmart's product is great then that's a bargain.

When it comes to vacuum cleaners, big-name brands such as Bosch or Dyson have been the go-to options for those who have the cash to spend. That said, they do come with an expensive price tag.

So, if you’re in the market for a new vacuum cleaner that’s not going to break the bank, a recent review of a quality cleaning tool from Kmart might make you reconsider.

According to consumer organisation CHOICE, Kmart’s vacuum cleaners are a ‘no-go’. Based on their testing and research, Kmart’s Anko-branded vacuum cleaners rated ‘poor to OK’ when it comes to cleaning.

But it seems some of Kmart’s shoppers disagree – especially when it comes to the Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner from the retailer. Some even said it’s just as good as a Dyson!

According to the product description, Kmart’s vacuum cleaner has a 1-litre large dust canister capacity and boasts 280W of powerful, brushless motor. It is cordless, can be controlled through a touch-screen panel, has 5-speed control and a HEPA filter, and can run for up to 55 minutes at a low speed.

View attachment 15157
Kmart’s Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner works just as well as a Dyson, according to some shoppers. Credit: Kmart

Kmart’s cleaning tool costs $159, which is a little on the expensive side. But compared to Dyson’s cheapest product – the Light Ball Multi Floor + Vacuum, priced at $399 – Kmart’s item is a bargain buy.

Customer gave stellar reviews of Kmart’s vacuum cleaner, with many attesting to its cleaning abilities.

‘Highly recommend for people looking for a cheap but effective alternative to Dyson,’ one shared.

Another said: ‘Very good vacuum and just about as good as the big-name brands at 5 times the price. Highly recommend.’

These rave reviews are also backed by the consumer comparison website Canstar Blue. According to Canstar, Kmart’s Anko brand ‘offers great quality at rock-bottom prices’.

‘Kmart may be the unofficial home of affordable and trendy homewares, but the department store has also made a name for itself in the appliances and white goods space,’ they explained.

In one of their reviews, they listed the following models that Kmart customers can choose from:
‘In recent times, it’s the 2-in-1 cordless stick vacuum that has attracted so much fanfare, with the $79 vacuum claimed to deliver cleaning results equal to, or even superior to, the big brands costing hundreds of dollars,’ the comparison website stated.

View attachment 15158
According to Canstar Blue, stick vacuums are ‘all the rage’ these days. Credit: Kmart

Based on consumer research, stick vacuums are popular among homeowners in Australia. ‘For the cordless variety, you’ll pay extra for the privilege,’ Canstar Blue stated.

‘The cheapest of the bunch is the 2-in-1 Cordless Stick Vacuum (pictured above) which retails for just $79. It comes in a sleek white robotic design and with all the right features and accessories to whiz through your cleaning,’ they added.

The 2-in-1 Cordless Stick vacuum has a motorised power brush, a foldable handle, and a 14.8V rechargeable lithium battery. Many of Kmart’s customers labelled this product as ‘easy to use’ or an all-around good vacuum cleaner that provides great value for money.

‘I really like this vacuum. I was after one that had a brush attachment for doing flat surfaces like bedside tables and tops of computer desks, and this one is just perfect,’ one shared before adding that the noise coming from the vacuum is ‘easier on the ears’.

‘Very happy with our purchase. Performs just like other cordless vacuums but much more affordable,’ another wrote.

Someone else said they needed a vacuum that could get the cleaning done quickly in between their regular vacuuming, and this product was ‘just perfect’ for them. ‘Picks up cat hair better than my Dyson!’ They claimed.

‘My priorities were price and design (in terms of both functionality and aesthetics), and I love everything that was delivered in those terms…I now breeze through my entire two-bedroom and living carpeted area, seamlessly hit the tiled bathrooms and kitchen, and cover all necessary raised surfaces in record time and without breaking a sweat,’ one customer reviewed.

‘I had no idea how much fur was on the mats as you couldn’t tell by looking, but this machine picked up so much. It’s super easy to use,’ another replied.
Key Takeaways

• Kmart’s cordless vacuum cleaner has received five-star reviews from customers who say it ‘works as well as a Dyson’.
  • The Kmart vacuum cleaner features a touch screen control, large touch panel, 5-speed control, auto mode, HEPA filter and a 55-minute maximum run time.
  • Customers praised the Kmart vacuum cleaner for being easy to assemble and empty.
Do you own one of these vacuum cleaners? Will you be trying one out? If so, we’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below! We found it so interesting that Canstar Blue and CHOICE had such differing opinions.

I am in the market for a new stick vac. The one I have currently is getting on in age and wheezes through its job. We have nicknamed it "halfsuck", as the battery is beginning to fail and only lasts half the time on full suck but if we use it on half power it will manage the whole unit. I'll maybe look into the Kmart ones. :)

Reactions: Zoya and Penny4
I own the K Mart $99 one bought it as my Dyson needed new battery $149 so sent for cheaper one one line $45 exactly same in every way.so with money saved bought K Mart one which I use more than Dyson ,longer stick,lighter and easier to clean and empty so Dyson is now my back

View attachment 15157

View attachment 15158

Key Takeaways

Reactions: Zoya and Ricci

View attachment 15157

View attachment 15158

Key Takeaways

Maybe because Choice is paid to select the goods. Canstar Blue just find out the best for customers & not for cash!

Reactions: Ricci
I doubt this vacuum is as good, have had cheap and expensive cheap never any good and don't last long

View attachment 15157

View attachment 15158

Key Takeaways

I already replied to the first survey I have both a Dyson and a $99 K Mart one the K Mart one is better,easier to clean parts easier to empty and don't charge a arm and a legs for replacement parts e.g. battery

I think it's a bit hard to compare Kmart's stick vacuum with a Dyson, as Dyson's stick vacuums start from $350 bottom of the range to $1500 top of the range.
However, if the Kmart stick vacuums are adequate for people's needs, then that's what counts.

Not always,I try to buy middle price range have had to return a lot of expensive stuff especially electrical had K-Mart stick vacuum for awhile now very impressed .
I think it's a bit hard to compare Kmart's stick vacuum with a Dyson, as Dyson's stick vacuums start from $350 bottom of the range to $1500 top of the range.
However, if the Kmart stick vacuums are adequate for people's needs, then that's what counts.

Reactions: Ricci and Penny4