Calling all the beauty fans! Savvy shopper reveals the SECRET to scoring a MASSIVE haul of free beauty products with a simple trick

The ladies at the SDC know full well how beauty can be a real pain… in the wallet. If you enjoy dressing to impress or dolling up every so often, you’ll often need to face an anxiety-inducing bill upon checking out because skincare products, make-up, and perfumes are usually NOT cheap at all.

But one thrifty mum discovered a neat way you can save a couple of bucks after she showed off a massive array of free beauty products she scored – and we’re here to tell you how she did it.

The bargain hunter purchased five products worth $215 from Adore Beauty but by simply entering a handful of promo codes, she got $10 off her total along with an assortment of gifts including perfumes, moisturisers, and serums for free.

y2BQcCai_xFnP2fhQOcamsZcCkO6SSG-mm5KmCH8pcve0VtlZtVqGH0iOksjuBk6Pqwy4yB3UFd8zyiZn5mvIfNDK6sZB2D6S_iKCeAcmhJWV7HffrhbtL9nghTJFvjWL8ar7exZTGMEUGzPrQ

Image Credit: Daily Mail

She explained that Adore Beauty boasts a vast range of limited-time deals, discounts, and free gift offers under the 'promotions' tab on their website that is updated regularly.

“The items circled (in the picture she posted) are what I paid for and the rest are all free gifts from the purchase. I spent $215 but got a $10 voucher so it was $205,” she told a popular Facebook group called You Beauty.

By spending a little over $200, she became eligible for an 11-piece Lancome gift set, a goodie bag that came with a cleanser and an exfoliating scalp treatment worth over $70 each, as well as a huge collection of other gifts and samples worth hundreds of dollars.

She advised others to keep an eye out for promotions available on the Adore Beauty website or application as they have new ones regularly.

k8bmOFBmKg8LZ4TulXoLrdVa53THNmAfIStNmCQLUBXJYIclRu3l8UXWmyFBOw58ohHjKebeOaO1tT6H-AO_vNAekzQl7z__LCiWVlRMv0Q1pa7M8UDyOBjbdHYMz1gZVa9t5ilWwno437s3Rg

Here’s the ‘promotions’ tab! Image Credit: AdoreBeauty

“It is time-consuming but worth it. I think anyway. Also, get the Adore Beauty app as I found a couple of extra gifts in the app promos,” the savvy mum said. “You CAN redeem multiple promotions in one order just keep putting the codes in.”

One fellow group member revealed how she got $50 off her order of just three products, all the while receiving a bunch of free gifts and product samples.

8VnwFJeI_3GtEwbyfOnch_ZxYwZ_NvUqhX44Jr2_zkKZ4qbVdLAzxZDmpAP7cWH13g68NiG8AAi6idYLImvqLZeDgdYAh6yFOpIe3WsiO7y02oAwnkY8jZSJUrzzloAR3GIkqrmTmzIaak2Q7A

Image Credit: Daily Mail

“What I paid for is circled (in the picture she posted) but I had a $50 off code so I got it for $109 – when the foundation alone costs $105. Bargain! And so many samples I will actually try!” the user detailed.

Other users shared their own tips and tricks for finding money-saving offers online.

“I google promo codes too because sometimes, there are secret ones,” one shopper divulged.

“Check your emails, become an adore member, and look through their 'promotions' tab. It's worth taking an extra 10 minutes to thumb through all the promo codes to see if there are any for you,” said another.

And considering how over $100 of make-up is still not a small amount of money, we decided to throw in a couple more money-saving tips for you to keep in mind and hopefully help bring the expenses down.

1. Stick to a budget. Whether it's $10 or $50, decide how much you’re willing to spend for make-up each month and stick to it religiously.

2. Don’t buy the first deal that catches your eye. Have you ever bought an item and found out later on that it’s being sold for a much lower price somewhere else? Instant and utter regret… To avoid that, take your time to shop around and compare prices to find the best deal.

3. Use what you have! Okay, even I am a little guilty of this… but don’t even think about grabbing that new set of lipsticks no matter how tempting it is! Go through your own collection first. Always only buy what you actually need.

4. Get samples. Let’s be honest, we don’t actually know if we like a beauty product’s quality from just a few arm swatches here and there. We only actually find out when we try it out for ourselves and test how well it settles on our faces for a whole day. So, do just that by asking for small samples. If the product reaches your expectations, you can go ahead and take it home with you!

5. Make your own. The truth about the make-up industry is that you’re usually paying more for the brand than anything. The manufacturing costs of make-up aren’t that high and you can definitely opt to make your own too.

In fact, one CEO of a popular cosmetics brand, Julie Fredrickson, reveals: “Cosmetics are marked up so much because conglomerates aren’t just in the ‘sell you great makeup’ business.”

“[Some of these] companies are in the lifestyle and brand business, and because cosmetics are so cheap to make, they use the opportunity to make 90% profit on the makeup they sell you in order to subsidize the rest of their business,”

“Your lipstick is paying for everything from really expensive brand campaigns, to unprofitable designer clothes, to the profits for the retailer that sells the makeup to you.”

So, the next time you decide to do a make-up haul, remember that you can always find ideas online on how to make them yourself!

And there you have it, folks! Want to learn other ways to get your beauty products on a budget? We’ve got a similar read for you here.

If you want to give DIY make-up a shot, watch the video below:

Video Credit: Rose Dust

• Wow
Reactions: Ricci and BJM
Sponsored
I now realise why I don't wear makeup and my skincare regime consists of soap and water!! How on earth do people afford all this stuff, or even justify the expense? It's a sad indictment that so many females feel the need to only go out when wearing a mask.:cry::cry:

• Love
Reactions: Petra and Peppa
I now realise why I don't wear makeup and my skincare regime consists of soap and water!! How on earth do people afford all this stuff, or even justify the expense? It's a sad indictment that so many females feel the need to only go out when wearing a mask.:cry::cry:
Totally agree.

Reactions: Ricci
Why is this even on her what senior can afford to spend this kind of money on make up

I wish I had $200+ laying around. I wish I had $200 for food for me and my daughter. I get food from the Salvos. I wish I had any money left over after paying for rent, medication (insulin T1D) ....

• Sad