Cadbury launches new ‘nostalgic’ dessert range inspired by Aussie bakeries

We always like to hear about nostalgic treats that tickle our taste buds and bring back fond memories.

Now, supermarket aisles have a new item from confectionery giant Cadbury that's creating quite a buzz and sending Aussies on a trip down memory lane.

Earlier this month, Cadbury released its new chocolate range inspired by iconic bakery slices, featuring three different varieties – the Cadbury Dairy Milk Slices Crackle, the Cadbury Old Gold Slices Mint Cream and Cadbury Caramilk Slices Hedgehog.

All the chocolates have a price tag of $5.50. However, as of writing, the Cadbury Dairy Milk Slices Crackle and Caramilk Slices Hedgehog can be bought on sale at Coles for $2.75 each (165g). Meanwhile, the Old Gold Slices Mint Cream is currently on sale for $3.85 (170g) at Woolworths.

choc1.jpg
The new range is available at your local supermarket. Credit: Cadbury Australia

Social media users who have had a taste say that they love the new chocolate varieties.

According to one social media user @snackreviews_aus, the Hedgehog slice was ‘up there with some of her current favourites’.

‘It kind of reminded me of the Dream White Christmas block but without the raspberry flavour,’ she said.

Food blogger and owner of brownie company ChocIt tried the crackle version of the chocolate.

‘You can see how crackle-filled it is,’ he said in a video he uploaded on social media. He also pointed out the chunky part of the chocolate before taking a bite in the clip.

While he mentioned that the chocolate itself ‘wasn’t anything special’, the nostalgic factor reminded him of fond childhood memories.

‘It does need a bit more coconut, but it is super crackly,’ he said.

choc2.jpg
Social media users love the new flavours. Credit: Cadbury Australia

According to Cadbury, the confectionery company took inspiration from ‘iconic Australian bakery slices and recreated them for family and friends to share in Cadbury blocks’.

‘Made with delicious Cadbury Chocolate, each Cadbury Slices block is a unique eat experience, with different flavours and textures,’ the company shared.

Australian swimmer and 5-time Olympic gold medallist Ian Thorpe was also tapped by Cadbury to promote the new release, which he says captures the essence of the country’s most beloved baked items.

‘While my youth was made up of cold mornings and late afternoons in the pool, there was always the next birthday party or family gathering I could look forward to and all the treats that came with that,’ he said.

‘Slices are so universally recognised here in Australia, and there is nothing quite like a slice from an Aussie bakery.’

choc3.jpg
Olympic swimmer Ian Thorpe teamed up with Cadbury to promote the new range. Credit: Cadbury Australia

‘I can’t wait to take a few blocks with me the next time I head overseas to share with my mates and keep spreading the word of these iconic Australian treats,’ Mr Thorpe continued.

Mondelez International Vice President Marketing ANZ Paul Chatfield added that: ‘The new Cadbury Slices range features a variety of familiar and nostalgic flavours that Cadbury and chocolate-fans alike will enjoy.’

‘We know Aussies share fond memories of bakery slices and hope they too will build new memories with family and friends as they share a Cadbury Slices block,’ he continued.
Key Takeaways
  • A new Cadbury chocolate range has hit supermarket shelves, generating excitement on social media.
  • The new chocolate range comes in three different varieties - Cadbury Dairy Milk slices Crackle, Cadbury Old Gold slices Mint Cream, and Cadbury Caramilk slices Hedgehog.
  • Social media users have praised the nostalgic factor of the new chocolates, with some likening them to childhood treats.
  • Australian swimmer Ian Thorpe has teamed up with Cadbury to promote the new chocolates, celebrating their connection to iconic Australian treats.
Have you tried the new Cadbury Slices range yet? Let us know your verdict in the comments below. Enjoy!

Sponsored
We always like to hear about nostalgic treats that tickle our taste buds and bring back fond memories.

Now, supermarket aisles have a new item from confectionery giant Cadbury that's creating quite a buzz and sending Aussies on a trip down memory lane.

Earlier this month, Cadbury released its new chocolate range inspired by iconic bakery slices, featuring three different varieties – the Cadbury Dairy Milk Slices Crackle, the Cadbury Old Gold Slices Mint Cream and Cadbury Caramilk Slices Hedgehog.

All the chocolates have a price tag of $5.50. However, as of writing, the Cadbury Dairy Milk Slices Crackle and Caramilk Slices Hedgehog can be bought on sale at Coles for $2.75 each (165g). Meanwhile, the Old Gold Slices Mint Cream is currently on sale for $3.85 (170g) at Woolworths.

View attachment 19683
The new range is available at your local supermarket. Credit: Cadbury Australia

Social media users who have had a taste say that they love the new chocolate varieties.

According to one social media user @snackreviews_aus, the Hedgehog slice was ‘up there with some of her current favourites’.

‘It kind of reminded me of the Dream White Christmas block but without the raspberry flavour,’ she said.

Food blogger and owner of brownie company ChocIt tried the crackle version of the chocolate.

‘You can see how crackle-filled it is,’ he said in a video he uploaded on social media. He also pointed out the chunky part of the chocolate before taking a bite in the clip.

While he mentioned that the chocolate itself ‘wasn’t anything special’, the nostalgic factor reminded him of fond childhood memories.

‘It does need a bit more coconut, but it is super crackly,’ he said.

View attachment 19684
Social media users love the new flavours. Credit: Cadbury Australia

According to Cadbury, the confectionery company took inspiration from ‘iconic Australian bakery slices and recreated them for family and friends to share in Cadbury blocks’.

‘Made with delicious Cadbury Chocolate, each Cadbury Slices block is a unique eat experience, with different flavours and textures,’ the company shared.

Australian swimmer and 5-time Olympic gold medallist Ian Thorpe was also tapped by Cadbury to promote the new release, which he says captures the essence of the country’s most beloved baked items.

‘While my youth was made up of cold mornings and late afternoons in the pool, there was always the next birthday party or family gathering I could look forward to and all the treats that came with that,’ he said.

‘Slices are so universally recognised here in Australia, and there is nothing quite like a slice from an Aussie bakery.’

View attachment 19685
Olympic swimmer Ian Thorpe teamed up with Cadbury to promote the new range. Credit: Cadbury Australia

‘I can’t wait to take a few blocks with me the next time I head overseas to share with my mates and keep spreading the word of these iconic Australian treats,’ Mr Thorpe continued.

Mondelez International Vice President Marketing ANZ Paul Chatfield added that: ‘The new Cadbury Slices range features a variety of familiar and nostalgic flavours that Cadbury and chocolate-fans alike will enjoy.’

‘We know Aussies share fond memories of bakery slices and hope they too will build new memories with family and friends as they share a Cadbury Slices block,’ he continued.
Key Takeaways

• A new Cadbury chocolate range has hit supermarket shelves, generating excitement on social media.
  • The new chocolate range comes in three different varieties - Cadbury Dairy Milk slices Crackle, Cadbury Old Gold slices Mint Cream, and Cadbury Caramilk slices Hedgehog.
  • Social media users have praised the nostalgic factor of the new chocolates, with some likening them to childhood treats.
  • Australian swimmer Ian Thorpe has teamed up with Cadbury to promote the new chocolates, celebrating their connection to iconic Australian treats.
Have you tried the new Cadbury Slices range yet? Let us know your verdict in the comments below. Enjoy!
Carbury is off the list as it is Halal certified although, according to the powers the be there is no legal requirement to label them..... do they expect that EVERYTHING will be certified?

Carbury is off the list as it is Halal certified although, according to the powers the be there is no legal requirement to label them..... do they expect that EVERYTHING will be certified?
Do you ban Kosher-certified food too? All Halal and Kosher certification means is it is OK for people of certain religious affiliations to use the products and is NOT some sinister plot! There will be virtually nothing you can buy in any supermarkets if you are going to ban food, first-aid products, and beauty items based on such criteria!

• Wow
Reactions: Petra