Lovely Pic, it's a shame that such lovely flowers don't stick around for a while for us to enjoy. :D

Such a beauty. It is a shame its life span is only about 24 hours
This is so beautiful. Definitely a shame. Luckily we have the technology nowadays to capture its beauty in an instant.

Cactus flowers are the most beautiful of all but sadly, usually only last one day...beautiful shot... :)

Such a beauty. It is a shame its life span is only about 24 hours
Wow! @Saucy51 I have never seen a Cactus flower before and had no idea they only lived for 24 hours! If it is okay with you, we would love to feature this in our newsletter :) Could be a fun fact for everyone to learn and a sight for everyone to enjoy!

When pieces of mine break off I throw them over my back fence into a paddock.......surprise, surprise...what a lovely show now as the just root and grow. I am going to get the mother plant chainsawed and disposed of as they have horrid prickles and mine is infested with ivy. Will poison base when branches removed. Good riddance I say

This is my first beautiful Iris to come out, I am so very pleased with it.

Attachments

• E04A1305-5C58-436F-9750-07505153DF57.jpeg
    E04A1305-5C58-436F-9750-07505153DF57.jpeg
    159.8 KB · Views: 0
Love irises, only have white ones but they make a nice show. Have room for coloured ones in another bed and waiting to meet up with a friend who will give me some. Covid holding us up at present.

When pieces of mine break off I throw them over my back fence into a paddock.......surprise, surprise...what a lovely show now as the just root and grow. I am going to get the mother plant chainsawed and disposed of as they have horrid prickles and mine is infested with ivy. Will poison base when branches removed. Good riddance I say
You're completely right @Dot. Succulent plants can be propagated really easily. In fact, if you take a piece and stick the bottom in a glass of water, it will grow roots and be ready to be planted quite soon.

Reactions: Dot
FINALLY after much stress and lots of suggestions I am getting help to get Covid certificate on my phone. Not tech savvy at all but this has been beyond ridiculous.

Wow! @Saucy51 I have never seen a Cactus flower before and had no idea they only lived for 24 hours! If it is okay with you, we would love to feature this in our newsletter :) Could be a fun fact for everyone to learn and a sight for everyone to enjoy!
wish I could send photos, when in flower mine is spectacular.

Aw we'd love to see @Dot. When do you think it will blossom again?
I'm not sure but thinking of having mother plant cut down and poisoned as thorns are so dangerous. Will leave the ones in our paddock as they are incredible...all from throw outs of mother plant

I'm not sure but thinking of having mother plant cut down and poisoned as thorns are so dangerous. Will leave the ones in our paddock as they are incredible...all from throw outs of mother plant
I can imagine so. Especially if you have animals or kids around.