Budget item from Kmart perfect for cleaning nooks and crannies!

One of the most annoying things about giving our homes a top-to-toe deep clean is having to deal with those annoying and hard-to-reach nooks and crannies!

We don’t always notice these places which are often hidden in plain sight, and whenever we do, they’ve already gathered so much dirt and dust that it takes a heroic amount of effort to clean them (particularly when they’re in hard to reach places).

Thankfully, there are already some tools out there to make our house clean so much easier, like this $39 Kmart long-handled scrubbing brush.

rG79kXjGMRoVtDkhBC-iTbDezIBEEnj1IdC5PxP_z8I9iCifU62s3rxW6JU_5rreYrW8Qtyg6mdCj_lBkSQaK1rQqxSrzlVVmIYw-U9RhYYJGvC6JM1WyCZ3lMh_r0_IAm8CNhfO

Keep your living space clean and hygienic with this long-handled scrubbing brush. Credit: Kmart.
Designed to cut your cleaning time in half, Kmart’s new scrubbing brush has a long handle to help you take care of those hard-to-reach areas in your house, such as the vents, fridge tops, cabinets, kitchen corners, and even under your sofa.

The handle extends up to 85cm in length, and at the end is a rotating brush head so you no longer have to worry about scrubbing the area back and forth.

The product also comes with three interchangeable brushes for various cleaning tasks and stain levels. There is a flat brush, which is recommended for flat surfaces such as the bathroom floor and window, a cambered (i.e. it curves upwards) brush for more general areas such as railings, door tracks, and even carpets, and lastly, a corner brush with a pointed tip to deal with those hard-to-reach corners.

And since the scrubber is cordless and has a built-in rechargeable battery, you no longer have to worry about plugging it into the nearest outlet. Simply charge it with the provided cable and it will run for a good hour or so.

And since Kmart’s long-handled scrubbing brush is similar to other budget buys from Kogan and Catch.com.au, the experts at Canstar Blue, one of Australia's best-known and respected comparison websites, have decided to compare the three to determine which is the best bang for your buck.

According to their findings, Kmart’s scrubbing brush is better than Kogan’s Rechargeable 360° SuperScrub. While the two are on par when it comes to cleaning attachments, cordless functionality, and their price points, Kmart’s scrubbing brush features a longer extendable handle (85cm), as compared to the SuperScrub’s 53cm.

However, when compared to the Deluxe 360° Spin Clean Scrubber* from Catch.com.au, the Kmart scrubber fell short according to Canstar. When it comes to both functionality and price point, the deluxe scrubber from Catch.com.au is better than Kmart’s.

It is slightly cheaper at $37, and features a longer extendable handle (111cm), a sturdier design, and more functionality with a 360° rotation and a water tank.

So yes, while Kmart’s long-handled scrubbing brush may be exceptionally good when it comes to cleaning those annoying nooks and crannies, it always pays to shop around!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
My bug bear has always been the air gap down each side of the fridge where all the dust bunnies accumulate, my laden fridge is just too heavy for me to continually pull it out. Maybe this is the answer.:)

My bug bear has always been the air gap down each side of the fridge where all the dust bunnies accumulate, my laden fridge is just too heavy for me to continually pull it out. Maybe this is the answer.:)
my very similar bug bear has always been the washing machine, harder to shift than the fridge (which is fairly new and has wheels on the bottom),because we have vinyl floor covering in the Laundry moving our very large machine is guaranteed to damage that vinyl.

Reactions: Liz and Ricci
my very similar bug bear has always been the washing machine, harder to shift than the fridge (which is fairly new and has wheels on the bottom),because we have vinyl floor covering in the Laundry moving our very large machine is guaranteed to damage that vinyl.
Mine too, as my dryer sits on top of the washing machine and unless a plumber has to come in, all I do is clean the filter in the bottom of the machine and the filter in the dryer. No way can I get under the machine.

Reactions: Ricci