Buckle up! Virgin Australia drops prices to local and overseas flights

Get your passports ready because Virgin Australia has just unleashed an incredible sale on travel to stunning places you won't want to miss!

The airline is offering massive discounts on more than 500,000 seats, and you can start your journey for as low as $45 if you're travelling within Australia or just $425 if you're venturing to international destinations.

According to Virgin Australia's Chief Commercial Officer, Dave Emerson: ‘2024 is just around the corner, and now is the time to plan ahead and score a bargain airfare with over half a million seats now available from just $45 one-way.’

Don't procrastinate! This sale is running now, but it's only valid until midnight AEST on Monday, October 23, 2023. You can book for selected travel dates falling between January 16 and August 29, 2024.

Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 11.55.47 AM.png
Virgin Australia dropped ticket prices on more than half a million seats. Credit: Instagram/piran_g.

You can now snag flights to popular places like the Sunshine Coast from Sydney for just $69 one-way, totalling $138 for Economy Lite fares.

Also, there are one-way flights to Launceston in Tasmania starting at $59, originating from Sydney, and the most budget-friendly ticket to Ballina Byron, priced at $45, sums up to $90 for a round trip.

If you're planning a trip to Hamilton Island, you're in luck, as flights from Sydney are available for as low as $125 for both directions, while the route from Sydney to Cairns starts at $129.

For travellers departing from Canberra to the Gold Coast or Melbourne, prices start at $99 and $109 one-way, respectively.

But the sale isn’t limited to domestic travel. If you're planning an international adventure to destinations like New Zealand, Bali, Fiji, Samoa, or Japan, you can expect significant discounts on Economy Lite fares.

For example, a round-trip to Queenstown, New Zealand starts at $425 from Melbourne or $445 from Sydney.

Bali enthusiasts will be pleased to know that fares from both Adelaide and the Gold Coast are now as low as $449.

If you're aiming for the tropical paradises of Fiji and Vanuatu, departing from Brisbane will cost you from $509 and $569, respectively. And if you're dreaming of Tokyo, flights from Cairns to Haneda now begin at $699.

The best part? Virgin Australia's sale fares also come with Velocity Frequent Flyer Points and Status Credits, making it an even sweeter deal.

‘Australians are looking to drive their dollar further in the current environment, and this sale is giving them hundreds of thousands of great-value opportunities to travel to their favourite holiday spots next year,’ added Mr Emerson.

‘With every single Virgin Australia route now on sale, popular destinations can be booked for less than the cost of a taxi ride, so we are encouraging travellers to get in fast as these incredible fares will not last long.’

Key Takeaways

• Virgin Australia has reduced prices on more than 500,000 seats, with domestic fares starting from $45 and international prices as low as $425.
  • The sale is valid until midnight AEST Monday, October 23 2023, for select travel dates between January 16 and August 29, 2024.
  • Reduced flights include popular locations such as the Sunshine Coast, Launceston in Tasmania, Ballina Byron, Hamilton Island and Cairns.
  • International airfares to destinations like New Zealand, Bali, Fiji, Samoa and Japan are also on sale with reduced tickets on Economy Lite fares.

Members, do you have a destination in mind for your next holiday? Please share your travel goals in the comments below, and let's inspire each other! Wherever your dream destination may be, we hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip!

Sponsored
Hi guys, why do you always leave out Perth and WA when you know you have members over here, like right now you’re telling us Virgin have big sales on but not once do you guys mention us, as far as I know, we are all part of the same country. So please if there are good sales going please include us too……Rick62

Hi guys, why do you always leave out Perth and WA when you know you have members over here, like right now you’re telling us Virgin have big sales on but not once do you guys mention us, as far as I know, we are all part of the same country. So please if there are good sales going please include us too……Rick62
Well stated Rick62. My first thought as l read about these 'HOT BARGAINS' & departure points was WHAT ABOUT W.A.! We do exist & represent almost half of this nation of Australia in area.

When it comes to tourist attractions there is so much to see in our vast state. Wouldn't we be #1 in the mining industry? Most cruises start & finish in the Eastern States & .......... l could go on & on. Why do the Eastern States treat Perth & W.A. like we don't exist?

COME ON AIRLINES, PASSENGER SHIPS & ANY OTHER SMALL MINDED COMPANIES IN THE EAST, WE DO EXIST, WANT TO BE INVOLVED & NEED A CHANCE.

Most times l will not go on a cruise for example because l need to spend hours cramped in an aircraft just to get to an embarking point & then have to return home the same way after the holiday. NOT HAPPY JANE!!!

Reactions: Olddingo
Hi guys, I see I’m getting a good response from you all but I haven’t heard anything back from Maddie or Jon, I’d love to hear their thoughts on this matter…..Rick

It's wonderful, they give us cheap fares one way and then boost up the cost of the return fare
I also live in WA, recently managed to nab a RETURN flight to Brisbane in February, with Virgin, for $145 each way, don't know if there are any left 🤩

Reactions: Ezzy

my 20 yr old grandson is stationed in Townsville Qld and has spent 1,000's this last 10 months on flights home to NSW. I just checked thinking he might get a cheap flight home for his 21st in April but no only from Brisbane a week after his 21st. You would think the airlines could give our ADF a discount

Hey Rick, I feel you. WA as far as the rest go seems to be wait a while or non existent. As for admin, I get the feeling we are in their too hard basket. Perhaps they might find it within themselves to prove us wrong sometime???