• 350g brussels sprouts shredded
  • 150g kale, shredded
  • 50ml extra virgin olive oil
  • 3 manadarins or tangerines 2 peeled and segmented, 1 zested and juiced
  • 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
  • 2 tsp Dijon mustard
  • 50g pine nuts
  • 50g pomegranate seeds to serve (optional)

Method​

• STEP 1
    Put the shredded sprouts and kale in a large bowl with a large pinch of salt. Pour the olive oil into a small bowl or jug, and mix in the clementine zest and juice, vinegar, honey and mustard, then pour this over the leaves. Scrunch with your hands until the dressing is well distributed, then leave to soften for 15 mins.

• STEP 2
    Fold through the pine nuts and clementine segments, then spoon the salad onto a platter or into bowls. Scatter over the pomegranate seeds, if using, and serve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
I'm not much of a cook, but this seems easier for me to have a go at.
I would eat all of those ingredients, but my wife has a condition that impacts a fair bit on what she can eat, so just a few questions please.

Do you think the Brussel Sprouts could be swapped out with say Broccoli?​
For the same reasons, do you think the citrus could be swapped with say a cut up or cubed rock melon or mango?​
I only have 300+ MGO Manuka honey. Would that be too strong. I can buy a different one.​
I'm assuming shredding means cutting up with a knife and is it best to go against the grain or with?​
Thank you for posting this recipe.

Reactions: Littleboy8
Manadarin or manderine, please make up your mind. Personally I prefer mandarin.

It’s probably a typo its actually mandarins no e.😊
It’s not just a typo. What it really is , is a failure to pay attention to detail which in turn indicates a lack of respect for the reader. Just call me a cranky old lady if you like, but I believe that proof reading shows respect for others.

It’s not just a typo. What it really is , is a failure to pay attention to detail which in turn indicates a lack of respect for the reader. Just call me a cranky old lady if you like, but I believe that proof reading shows respect for others.
What it really is , is a failure to pay attention to detail

Looks like the spelling and grammar Nazi has failed their own test....

Reactions: DLHM
Respect for others? Where’s your respect @Annie? It’s human to make mistakes. I think you should show respect by apologising to @Suzanne rose.