British woman baffled by Australia's 'complicated' milk range: "Never been more confused in my life"

After attempting to comprehend Australia's "complicated" milk range, a British woman was left completely baffled.

Jordana Grace, who works as an author, appeared to be taken aback by the vast array of milk options, which include full cream, skim, reduced-fat, and lactose-free milk, amongst others.

"I honestly never thought milk would be complicated," Jordana said in a TikTok video that has since gone viral.

In addition to regular and flavoured milks, long-life milks, and plant-based milks like almond, rice, and soy milk can be found in the dairy aisles of Australian supermarkets these days.

Jordana explained that in the United Kingdom, there are only three distinct kinds of milk so that people can easily differentiate between them.

Q3qk_1Hujk7X2Yo1k_CdgiBplc87caPyFEliLuHa_KDok5_yBciwm5zmIwl1f0GsTJLkWWuwCCfxZI8P0KuaZOJTRxpcZBJ9_ktgTaytInotRZJoM8wjBFcC3CjBZfrHViX-6nGfokcBDhh_ytA

A British woman who tried to figure out Australia's "complicated" milk range was confused. Credit: TikTok/@thejordanagrace.

"We have a pretty simple colour-coded system," said the Brit.

"Blue lid is full fat, green is semi-skimmed and red is skimmed milk – pretty easy, dabby dozy, lemon squeezy."

"But then we come to Australia…" she continued. "How do I explain this? The blue milk is full fat. I know you're thinking, 'This is the same'."

She replied, "No," in a sarcastic laugh, implying that the two systems are clearly different from one another.

Jordana explained that full-fat milk is in the bottles with the "dark blue lid," while light milk is in the bottles with the "light blue lid."

"Pink milk is skim - not to be confused with Trim [low fat] red milk. Aren't they the same?" she added. "And then there's a purple for lactose-free which can also be green."

The variety doesn't stop there, though, as yellow lids denote reduced fat, which is distinct from light, skim, and Trim.

"Then you have grey, which is cold-pressed… how do you press a cow? I don't even know what the black ones are for. And then gold is homogenised," she went on to say.

"Never been more confused in my life. I'm going to lie down now."

Since then, the video has amassed an astounding 1.3 million views and more than 75,000 "likes" on the video-sharing platform.

In the comments section, many Aussies suggested that all one needs to do is "read the label," but Jordana joked that doing so would be "too much effort."

Others, meanwhile, admitted that they never "paid attention" to the colours of the lids and instead just read the label to determine what they wanted.

"I'm an Aussie and have never noticed that there might be a colour code," said one user. A second one agreed and added, "Never ever paid attention to the lid colours and always just read the label."

What about you, folks? Did you know that supermarket milks have colour codes, or is this information new to you as well?

If you're curious about which types of milk (yes, even the plant-based ones…) are considered the "best" for you, check out this video below:

Credit: ASAP Science.

Sponsored
After attempting to comprehend Australia's "complicated" milk range, a British woman was left completely baffled.

Jordana Grace, who works as an author, appeared to be taken aback by the vast array of milk options, which include full cream, skim, reduced-fat, and lactose-free milk, amongst others.

"I honestly never thought milk would be complicated," Jordana said in a TikTok video that has since gone viral.

In addition to regular and flavoured milks, long-life milks, and plant-based milks like almond, rice, and soy milk can be found in the dairy aisles of Australian supermarkets these days.

Jordana explained that in the United Kingdom, there are only three distinct kinds of milk so that people can easily differentiate between them.

Q3qk_1Hujk7X2Yo1k_CdgiBplc87caPyFEliLuHa_KDok5_yBciwm5zmIwl1f0GsTJLkWWuwCCfxZI8P0KuaZOJTRxpcZBJ9_ktgTaytInotRZJoM8wjBFcC3CjBZfrHViX-6nGfokcBDhh_ytA

A British woman who tried to figure out Australia's "complicated" milk range was confused. Credit: TikTok/@thejordanagrace.

"Blue lid is full fat, green is semi-skimmed and red is skimmed milk – pretty easy, dabby dozy, lemon squeezy."

"But then we come to Australia…" she continued. "How do I explain this? The blue milk is full fat. I know you're thinking, 'This is the same'."

She replied, "No," in a sarcastic laugh, implying that the two systems are clearly different from one another.

Jordana explained that full-fat milk is in the bottles with the "dark blue lid," while light milk is in the bottles with the "light blue lid."

"Pink milk is skim - not to be confused with Trim [low fat] red milk. Aren't they the same?" she added. "And then there's a purple for lactose-free which can also be green."

The variety doesn't stop there, though, as yellow lids denote reduced fat, which is distinct from light, skim, and Trim.

"Then you have grey, which is cold-pressed… how do you press a cow? I don't even know what the black ones are for. And then gold is homogenised," she went on to say.

Since then, the video has amassed an astounding 1.3 million views and more than 75,000 "likes" on the video-sharing platform.

In the comments section, many Aussies suggested that all one needs to do is "read the label," but Jordana joked that doing so would be "too much effort."

Others, meanwhile, admitted that they never "paid attention" to the colours of the lids and instead just read the label to determine what they wanted.

"I'm an Aussie and have never noticed that there might be a colour code," said one user. A second one agreed and added, "Never ever paid attention to the lid colours and always just read the label."

What about you, folks? Did you know that supermarket milks have colour codes, or is this information new to you as well?

If you're curious about which types of milk (yes, even the plant-based ones…) are considered the "best" for you, check out this video below:

Yes, I'm an Aussie and I'm confussed Still looking for the teats on an Almond to see how they do it.
If you really want to get confused try going to a servo and work out what colour handle to use. Every different brand has a different colour. I've been confused a couple of times. Last time I actually mistook the dark blue one for the Black diesel one. it cost me a fortune to have the car towed and have my tank drained and to insult to injury they charged me a fee to get rid of the contaminated fuel. Not happy Jan.

I just buy full fat and be done with it. We always had a house cow when our kids were growing up so we drank what she gave.

Like the ad - I just want milk that tastes like milk!

I've raised and milked cows during my lifetime.
As a child, my parents provided the family of 12 children with full cream milk straight from the teat, cream seperated from the milk, butter churned from the milk..... all without any further processing to alter the REAL product.
I have NEVER known a cow that produces anything other than FULL CREAM milk.
Any and all other derivatives and varieties of "milk" have been altered during processing.
The tops are only on the bottles to keep the milk spilling out.......regardless of colour

Here in Sth Aust I have found the milk I like. Drakes are the only supermarket now selling it, but it tastes like proper milk. It is the Fleurieu Milk Co Jersey Premium, Unhomogenised with lots of natural full ceam on top. Brings back the days I spent on my uncles' farm as a kid and drinking milk from the cows. Costs a bit more, bit I don't care.