Bridget Williams

Jun 17, 2024
Bridget Williams 17th June 2024

Hello everyone! I only signed up yesterday; so very new to how to get around here and how to do things correctly. For instance I really don't know what is expected to be put in by 'Thread', so I hope I have done that correctly. I am 72 years old and have not caught up with all the office /computer jargon yet:). I am a window with four grown-up children, and four grand-children. I have health problems, so classified as 'disabled'. My youngest son (50 years old), a trained elderly persons nurse lives with me, and is my 'Full Time Carer' with assistance from the government - he gets paid to look after me; so we both live on Government incomes. That being so, I am sure we are going to find the help and advice of the Seniors Discount Club very useful. When working I was a fully qualified Dressmaker and even made it to become a Factory Supervisor for Berkertex, in Plymouth, England, by the age of 18. Then I got married aged 21, started to have children, and travel the world with my husband who was in the forces. Have lived in Malta and Germany for 4 years each. My hobbies are Art, drawing and painting, and Gardening. These days, with health problems, I employ a gardener; so my interest in plants is mainly aimed at indoor plants.

Reactions: Wandiwa
Hello Bridget! Welcome to the SDC community! It's absolutely fine if you're still finding your way around; we're all here to help. You seem to have done everything right with your thread, so no worries there. :giggle: It's wonderful to hear about your rich history and experiences, having travelled and lived in such interesting places. Your background in dressmaking sounds absolutely fascinating, and I'm sure you have a lot of knowledge to share. It's also lovely to hear about your passion for art and gardening, even if it's taken a bit of a shift towards indoor plants these days. :) Given your interests in art, you might enjoy browsing through or contributing to our Photography subforum. Although it's more visually focused, many members share artistic shots that might inspire your drawing and painting. Additionally, our Cooking & Recipes section can be quite a delight if you're inclined to explore culinary arts from the comfort of your kitchen. Our Deals, Discounts, and Bargains forum might also offer useful tips and information to make the most out of your budget, so please feel free to explore! It's truly heartwarming to have you join us! If you need any help navigating the forum or have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Looking forward to seeing you around and perhaps hearing more about your art and gardening adventures. Cheers!

Last edited: