Bride left fuming after cousin 'intentionally' ruins her wedding plans

Weddings can be tiring to attend, but planning one is even more exhausting.

There are so many aspects to consider, from your family member’s schedules to the guest list, location, food and budget.

As such, it’s not uncommon for conflicts to present themselves during wedding planning.

For one bride, however, the conflict she found wasn't exactly the usual one. To explain the situation, she took to Facebook and posted a rant, calling out her 'awful' cousin for being extremely 'petty' and 'trashy'.

Screen Shot 2022-12-19 at 9.25.59 AM.png
The bride's cousin 'intentionally' scheduled her own wedding on the exact same day as the bride. Credit: Unsplash/Tiko Giorgadze.

The bride said that the feud between her and her cousin had been going on since they were teenagers. Now that they're both adults, the bride said her cousin decided to be 'petty'.

Posting in a private forum, the bride explained how her cousin got engaged in October. And instead of picking a date in the future that wouldn't clash with the bride's big day, the cousin chose the exact same date that the bride had already reserved for her own wedding in December.

'Was there really no other day to pick? If it really wasn't intentional, it's quite the coincidence,' the bride complained. She then admitted that she wasn't worried, as she was sure more family members would choose to come to her wedding.

'Not to sound too confident, but I'm fairly sure I'll have more at mine, and I think they prefer it that way,' she added.

Regardless of the cousin's reasons, the bride's tale sparked quite a ruckus on the platform, with many people condemning her cousin for such an outrageous ploy. Some even wondered how she could've possibly planned a wedding in two months and applauded the bride for her composure in the face of such a petty trick.

'I'm so sorry they're doing that to you. That's really messed up. Honestly, who does that?' commented one user, with another chiming in: 'I seriously don't get it. She's literally wasting her own energy.'

Most people sided with her and encouraged her not to let it affect her own wedding day. Many of them also agreed that this seemed to be an intentional power move, as it was unlikely to be a coincidence.
Key Takeaways

• A bride has been outraged after her cousin chose the same wedding date as her, seemingly in a deliberate attempt to sabotage her special day.
  • The bride went on to explain the history of the feud, saying that it had been ongoing since they were teens and her cousin had her blocked on Facebook.
  • Many users sided with the bride and urged her not to let the incident ruin her big day, and most people thought that the cousin's actions were most likely a deliberate power play.

Wedding planning can be hard enough without spiteful interference from your own family.

We wish this bride all the best for her wedding and hope the situation works out for everyone in the end.

Well, members, what do you think of this? Have you, or someone you know, been in a similar situation? What did you do to resolve it? Share your stories with us in the comments!

Sponsored
Better to now have small weddings and only very close family & friends. Just have the small service and got out for a meal. Do not tell the restaurant that it is a wedding otherwise for some reason they expect $extra.
Save the money. Weddings are a total waste of money just like funerals. Funerals, way too expensive and many are now donating their bodies to medical science. I will not be having a funeral. For me, it's straight to the crematorium in a paper bag, or ever just some newspaper if that's possible. No service. No cemetery plot, just the ashes thrown into a hole in the ground along with others and that's it. It will save thousands and I will not have a name plate anywhere that will just lay there in the grounds with no visitors as time does that to every grave. The name plate will not suffer from the weather and rust away. Just how many people go to the graves of every member of their family even once a year and I'm including your ancestors, including your ancestors buried overseas as well. We all have ancestors and I dare say most of them have graves as well hundreds of years old. Not my Cup-of-Tea. No funeral service. Straight into the crematorium and into the ground. Not even a coffin if I can get away with that as well. If it has to be a card board box at least, well, that will have to be done ... but I will not be happy with the waste. If it does have to happen that way, I will have in my Will that 100 Native plants have to be paid for and planted.

Reactions: Ricci