SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
J

James Gutierrez

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 11, 2021
Bride lashes out at her grandma for leaking her 'secret' wedding gown photos

Content Warning: This article contains explicit and abusive language that may be triggering or distressing to some readers.

For most brides-to-be, the wedding dress shopping experience is a cherished memory saved to look back on fondly for years to come.

But for one bride, the magic of finding her dream gown was shattered when photos of her in the 'secret' styles ended up uploaded on social media—leaked by none other than her beloved grandmother.

The bride said she has always been close with her grandmother (who in this story we will refer to as Nana), who helped raise her after difficult times with her mother.

So when she took the grandmother along for an emotional wedding dress shopping trip, choosing her three top contenders with tears of joy, she trusted her Nana completely to keep the exciting finds private.

Little did she know the secret would soon be splashed across Facebook for her friends and family to see.

Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 3.10.05 PM.png
A bride-to-be was slammed online after lashing out at her grandmother for accidentally posting photos of her wedding dress on social media. Credit: Pexels/Reddit.

Confused by smartphone apps and privacy settings, well-meaning Nana accidentally uploaded the photos of the top three gowns, intending to send them as a private message.

The grandmother made matters worse by unintentionally making one of the photos her profile picture on Facebook, with the other photos posted on her Stories.

The bride only saw the uploaded photos the morning after their shopping trip, which meant it could have been hours after the photos were up online.

But the damage was done, and her family and friends quickly liked and commented on the dress photos publicly shared on social media.

'I am absolutely crushed by this,' said the bride. '[The photo] is currently still up, and my entire family has seen it or commented on it.'

The bride demanded her grandma take the photos down and told her the mistake had 'hurt her deeply'.

The grandmother was apologetic when her granddaughter confronted her about the incident.

'I'm so sorry; I was trying to send you the pictures. I don't know what I did that it showed up there,' said Nana.

'I'm not sure how to take it down. So very sorry. I wouldn't do anything to hurt you on purpose. I love you.'

However, the bride was having none of it and went as far as personally going to Nana's house to 'scream' at her and take her phone. She also banned Nana from attending her wedding in expletive-laden replies.

The bride posted the whole ordeal on social media, and while many agreed she had every right to be upset, most felt her verbal attacks and banning Nana from the wedding crossed a line.

'Okay, being upset is understandable. Her reaction is not,' wrote one commenter.

Another said, 'My grandma has no idea how to use Facebook, and I could see her making a mistake like this. Honestly, though, this is such horrible behaviour over an accident.'

A third called out the bride for her hurtful words, saying: 'How can you call your nana your rock and then literally send abusive messages and threaten her? This is actually one of the worst things I've ever read…'

Key Takeaways

• A bride-to-be has been criticised for reacting harshly to her grandmother, who accidentally uploaded photos of her wedding dress on Facebook.
  • The bride labelled the incident 'absolute betrayal' and banned her grandmother from the wedding.
  • Despite her grandmother's apologies and clear struggles with technology, the bride refused to forgive the mistake.
  • Many users condemned her for her 'abusive' treatment of her grandmother.

Members, what are your thoughts on this story? Was the bride's reaction over the top? Let us know in the comments below.

I don't believe it's appropriate to judge others' opinions on this site. One of the reasons I joined Seniors Discount Club, is that I've always felt that it's a safe space to express myself. Lately I've noticed other members gratuitously criticising other members. As seniors, surely we have a level of maturity that allows us to read the opinions of others, privately disagree, and keep scrolling.
I wholeheartedly agree with you on that score! If I have done any criticism on this site I have kept it polite & not personally attacked a person over their opinion.
I had seriously thought today about not continuing on this site because reading some of the nasty backwards forwards between some of the peeps is very off putting! Like you I thought this space was for SENIORS & by some of the derisive comments, I thought I was on a site for just any age! Also, I am not on social media, never have & never will be because of the things I’ve heard people think they have licence to say hiding behind their particular device!!!
What I say on here I would say to your face & as we don’t really know each other, how do we know that what is said isn’t hurtful & destructive to someone else!? None of us know what’s going on in each other’s lives, so we should all try to keep this site civil! I have enjoyed interaction with peeps on her but lately it is getting a bit full on! Sadly😧
Enjoy your evening!
PS Just an update on my beautiful 20 yr old cat, Millie, she’s still hanging in there after a trip to vet & an injection & couple of other meds later, she’s almost back to herself!
But, I’m coming back as a vet - the invoice was mind blowing😱😂

This is a sad situation - go and get another dress and hopefully your "rock" will forgive you. Its only one day - she has given you so many days - and would in the future if you had not spoiled the bond. I hope you have nicer children than you.

Wow. Unbelievable way to treat someone who has done so much for her. Sadly the words can’t be taken back & poor nanna will live with this grief that this young woman has dished out to her. Poor love was obviously confused with the technology. Shame on you young lady fancy hurting someone this way

Bridezilla much??? Some older people and technology don’t mix. Have a heart princess and pick another dress! I can’t believe you would sacrifice your relationship with Nana over her mistake! Laugh it off, say omg old people and technology 😣 and either choose a new dress or select one of the three Nana accidentally shared.. you could have used it to your advantage to build more anticipation for your wedding day… which dress is THE dress but no, you went all out bridezilla at poor Nana… despicable

Reactions: Jo Piper3
I wholeheartedly agree with you on that score! If I have done any criticism on this site I have kept it polite & not personally attacked a person over their opinion.
I had seriously thought today about not continuing on this site because reading some of the nasty backwards forwards between some of the peeps is very off putting! Like you I thought this space was for SENIORS & by some of the derisive comments, I thought I was on a site for just any age! Also, I am not on social media, never have & never will be because of the things I’ve heard people think they have licence to say hiding behind their particular device!!!
What I say on here I would say to your face & as we don’t really know each other, how do we know that what is said isn’t hurtful & destructive to someone else!? None of us know what’s going on in each other’s lives, so we should all try to keep this site civil! I have enjoyed interaction with peeps on her but lately it is getting a bit full on! Sadly😧
Enjoy your evening!
PS Just an update on my beautiful 20 yr old cat, Millie, she’s still hanging in there after a trip to vet & an injection & couple of other meds later, she’s almost back to herself!
Criticism of others is foolish and this is not the forum for it. Put these people in front of those they are having a go at and they would slink away like scared puppies.

Enjoy your evening!
i agree with you. I also thought it was for seniors and that is over 60. I am not interested in those lives, been there and done that. I am only on facebook with and for my friends. keep safe and hope millie continues good health.