SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
M

Maddison Dwyer

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 20, 2021
Bride calls off the wedding after the groom did this behind her back! Is she a Bridezilla or justified?

Weddings are a family affair. When two people decide to get hitched, it’s not just a decision between the bride and groom – their families will often be involved in the preparations, too. While most people can put aside their differences to reach a compromise and make sure the wedding is perfect, some people refuse to listen to reason.

This is the case for one unfortunate bride-to-be who called off the wedding after her fiancé cancelled vegan options on their menu – without even consulting her first!

In a now-viral post on Reddit’s ‘Am I The Assh***’ forum, user SarahJake2022 explained the situation. She dived into the story, clarifying that she and her family follow a vegan diet for several reasons. ‘There are so many reasons why we chose this lifestyle, and one of them being that we have a history of health issues.’ She explained.

She also said that her soon-to-be husband’s family are ‘hardcore’ meat eaters, which she was fine with. ‘There wasn’t much we disagreed on during wedding planning except for food.’ She wrote in the original post. However, when she wanted to add 4-5 vegan options to accommodate her family and guests, her fiancé and his mom objected. They told her that it was a ‘waste of money over food that isn’t real food’.

sEUSyJG6Q9OSM2HwA1-T5NHZpZJltxF329kD5SpsoLTFfS1LLVX52M1rGq_Wgz_ixSrvyRBMaUWaZcBC485ZPCLUyhFs-vJg7yjpGzSyh28dbKdIeFayLcaYBB00aoD7P4JDgUTiQ-MWAqQgjGgOwDnBQ1AUjveajSmLokYnVvEfyNrKlEN67uEmyA

User SarahJake2022 explained that she and her whole family are vegans. Credit: Ella Olsson on Pexels.

The bride reasoned that one, her family are paying for the wedding, and two, she wanted to make her guests feel welcome. So, she refused to argue further with her in-laws and groom, saying her decision was final. Fast forward a couple of days, the bride found out that the vegan options were cancelled and taken off the menu completely behind her back. The culprit? The groom and his mother.

‘I was seething. I called him at work but he kept hanging up on me.’ She wrote. ‘I went straight to his workplace and confronted him there and just flipped out on him.’ She also mentioned that the fight continued once they both got home.

At home, she said her fiancé had ‘defended himself’ by blaming her. He said she made him resort to going behind her back after she ‘kept brushing off’ his thoughts and input, and refused to accommodate his family. In a later update, she said the groom’s mother messaged her a long wall of text, essentially telling her to get over it. The groom’s mum also said that the bride should just agree to their compromise and be done with it.

‘But there were PLENTY of meat options, why can’t I get 4-5 vegan options when I’m paying for it?’ The bride reasoned in her post. Finally, she asked the forum if she was the assh*** in this situation by putting her foot down.

Unsurprisingly, everyone who read her post commented that she did the right thing by calling off the wedding. Users urged her not to marry the groom because of the ‘red flags’ he’s showing. One person even commented: ‘This is how your marriage would go, you need/want something, he decides you don’t and just goes behind your back whenever you disagree.’ While another user supported this claim, encouraging the bride to ‘run for the hills and never look back’.

0_zbBtwXxD07sqr1jGGNLoEmt6u00a8saNWjQnDLzZD6jwUhajOURqmJHzPlr5yeV5Bly5s508pThUUEOpaE2Gq2E8qXb8-0p82v1lFepvD24S6YYVtlytJygDx6SqFchT9mP6hlp3-ykw6VG5lJmGX2uz2Z_EfZ-9bJwrDoAinPwmM1DiBr3ROPNw

Users on Reddit urged the bride to run for the hills. Credit: Amar Preciado on Pexels.

Another user expressed their bewilderment, saying that the bride had a perfectly good concession with food for both parties. While another commented that no one actually has to compromise, because there are more food options available. ‘Literally everyone wins,’ they said.

Well, there you have it! What do you think, members? Do you think the bride is being unreasonable? Or is the groom showing signs of being toxic? Comment down below and share with us your thoughts!

Bride calls off the wedding after the groom did this behind her back! Is she a Bridezilla or justified?

Weddings are a family affair. When two people decide to get hitched, it’s not just a decision between the bride and groom – their families will often be involved in the preparations, too. While most people can put aside their differences to reach a compromise and make sure the wedding is perfect, some people refuse to listen to reason.

This is the case for one unfortunate bride-to-be who called off the wedding after her fiancé cancelled vegan options on their menu – without even consulting her first!

In a now-viral post on Reddit’s ‘Am I The Assh***’ forum, user SarahJake2022 explained the situation. She dived into the story, clarifying that she and her family follow a vegan diet for several reasons. ‘There are so many reasons why we chose this lifestyle, and one of them being that we have a history of health issues.’ She explained.

She also said that her soon-to-be husband’s family are ‘hardcore’ meat eaters, which she was fine with. ‘There wasn’t much we disagreed on during wedding planning except for food.’ She wrote in the original post. However, when she wanted to add 4-5 vegan options to accommodate her family and guests, her fiancé and his mom objected. They told her that it was a ‘waste of money over food that isn’t real food’.

sEUSyJG6Q9OSM2HwA1-T5NHZpZJltxF329kD5SpsoLTFfS1LLVX52M1rGq_Wgz_ixSrvyRBMaUWaZcBC485ZPCLUyhFs-vJg7yjpGzSyh28dbKdIeFayLcaYBB00aoD7P4JDgUTiQ-MWAqQgjGgOwDnBQ1AUjveajSmLokYnVvEfyNrKlEN67uEmyA

User SarahJake2022 explained that she and her whole family are vegans. Credit: Ella Olsson on Pexels.

The bride reasoned that one, her family are paying for the wedding, and two, she wanted to make her guests feel welcome. So, she refused to argue further with her in-laws and groom, saying her decision was final. Fast forward a couple of days, the bride found out that the vegan options were cancelled and taken off the menu completely behind her back. The culprit? The groom and his mother.

‘I was seething. I called him at work but he kept hanging up on me.’ She wrote. ‘I went straight to his workplace and confronted him there and just flipped out on him.’ She also mentioned that the fight continued once they both got home.

At home, she said her fiancé had ‘defended himself’ by blaming her. He said she made him resort to going behind her back after she ‘kept brushing off’ his thoughts and input, and refused to accommodate his family. In a later update, she said the groom’s mother messaged her a long wall of text, essentially telling her to get over it. The groom’s mum also said that the bride should just agree to their compromise and be done with it.

‘But there were PLENTY of meat options, why can’t I get 4-5 vegan options when I’m paying for it?’ The bride reasoned in her post. Finally, she asked the forum if she was the assh*** in this situation by putting her foot down.

Unsurprisingly, everyone who read her post commented that she did the right thing by calling off the wedding. Users urged her not to marry the groom because of the ‘red flags’ he’s showing. One person even commented: ‘This is how your marriage would go, you need/want something, he decides you don’t and just goes behind your back whenever you disagree.’ While another user supported this claim, encouraging the bride to ‘run for the hills and never look back’.

0_zbBtwXxD07sqr1jGGNLoEmt6u00a8saNWjQnDLzZD6jwUhajOURqmJHzPlr5yeV5Bly5s508pThUUEOpaE2Gq2E8qXb8-0p82v1lFepvD24S6YYVtlytJygDx6SqFchT9mP6hlp3-ykw6VG5lJmGX2uz2Z_EfZ-9bJwrDoAinPwmM1DiBr3ROPNw

Users on Reddit urged the bride to run for the hills. Credit: Amar Preciado on Pexels.

Another user expressed their bewilderment, saying that the bride had a perfectly good concession with food for both parties. While another commented that no one actually has to compromise, because there are more food options available. ‘Literally everyone wins,’ they said.

Well, there you have it! What do you think, members? Do you think the bride is being unreasonable? Or is the groom showing signs of being toxic? Comment down below and share with us your thoughts!
Wow I believe that she has dodged a big bullet. She would have been marrying his mother and him! MIL would have been the one born in hell. Sorry that your wedding is off however I think in the light of day and in time, you will realise just how lucky you were to escape marrying a man obviously still firmly attached to him mothers apron strings.

Oh my, if that isn’t a warning I don’t know what would be. So, so unreasonable, both your fiancée and his Dragon Mother. It doesn’t have anything to do with her, the meat eaters were going to be well catered for. You had a lucky escape. Find a loving, caring man, a total opposite to what you had. Can’t believe he went behind your back.

I would Urge the Bride to RUN and RUN fast.

Just as well it was called off. They obviously know so little about each other, can't communicate and would surely have argued over everything that cropped up in their marriage. Having a couple of vegan options would have solved the crisis but they couldn't even agree on that.

Good on you for standing firm. He's abit of a mummy's boy and what happened clearly shows there would 3 in your marriage and you would be at the bottom of the pecking order. You're better out of it.