Breathe new life into your space with this dual-purpose item from Kmart!

Savvy shoppers always look for stylish bargains to transform their living spaces without breaking the bank.

It’s rare to stumble upon an item that serves its intended purpose and offers a chic alternative to a pricier counterpart.

However, one Kmart item checks these specifications for home improvement and plant enthusiasts alike.

The buzz about Kmart's Telescopic Shower Caddy ($29) began online, where a user's post about the caddy's potential as a plant stand caught people's attention.

The post wrote, 'I just saw this $29 tension pole from Kmart and wondered if anyone uses it for their plants?'

compressed-photo1.jpeg
A plant enthusiast used Kmart’s Telescopic Shower Caddy ($29) as an alternative to pricier plant stands from Urban Jungle. Image Credits: Facebook/Crazy Indoor Plant People Australia, Urban Greenhouse

The response was overwhelming and enthusiastic.

Members of the group were quick to highlight the caddy's striking resemblance to Urban Jungle's Tension Plant Hanging Pole, which retails for $145.

Those who had already repurposed the Kmart find as a plant stand shared their success stories, praising its versatility and style.

'I've been using mine for over 12 months now. We love it,' one commenter exclaimed.

They described how the caddy was perfect for hanging plants, pot plants, and climbing varieties.

'We have it in our lounge! The shelves are not very big though, so only small pots work,' another member commented.

'They're still in my bathroom, so it counts. I wouldn't put super heavy plants on them, but for my little ones, they're perfect,' a third advised.

While the Kmart caddy has won over many, some still prefer the original Urban Jungle stand.

'Much better quality. It's a false economy paying less for the Kmart product when it breaks so easily,' a user pointed out.

'I've got both: the Kmart one in the shower for shower things…and the Urban Jungle one in the kitchen,' another commented.

This tale of the Kmart caddy-turned-plant stand is more than just a story about a clever hack; it's a testament to the creativity and resourcefulness of shoppers.

It also highlights a growing trend among consumers looking to spruce their homes with functional and stylish items that don't require dipping into retirement savings.

This Kmart find could be the perfect way to add a touch of greenery to your home.

Plants are aesthetically pleasing and offer health benefits, such as improving air quality and reducing stress.

It's a win-win situation when you can display your plants on an affordable stand that looks just as good as a high-end product.
Key Takeaways

• Shoppers called Kmart’s $29 Telescopic Shower Caddy as a perfect dupe for Urban Jungle’s $145 plant stand.
  • Customers shared their creative uses of the Kmart item as a plant stand.
  • Some users praised the Kmart caddy's versatility and suitability for light-weight plants.
  • Others still prefer the Urban Jungle version for its quality despite the price point. At the same time, some found a place for both items in their homes.
Have you discovered any other affordable dupes for expensive home decor items? Share your finds and how you've incorporated them into your home in the comments below.

Last edited:
Sponsored
What was the song by Peter Allen? "Everything old is new again. Had one of these in the 80's when gold was the colour de jour. It is now providing a prop for a shelf in my walk in robe!

• Haha
Reactions: Bullwinkle