Book your dream European holiday for less: Discover how to fly round-trip for under $900!

Are you dreaming of a European getaway but are put off by the sky-high flight prices? Well, it might be time to dust off your passport and start packing your bags.

Thanks to some savvy scouting, round-trip flights to Rome and Istanbul for under $900 were discovered! This is the most affordable these routes have been since before the pandemic began.

Flight Expert Garth Adams from I Want that Flight has unearthed fares to Rome and Istanbul that are an absolute steal.

These flights are offered by Air China and are ideal for those keeping a careful balance between their thirst for travel and their budget. The discounted fares commence from January 17, 2024.

pexels-pixabay-46148.jpg
On a travel to Europe soon? You might want to check out these trips for a more affordable price. Image: Pexels

The trips are from Melbourne to Rome for $886, Melbourne to Istanbul for $861, Sydney to Rome $923, and Sydney to Istanbul for $893 while Cathay Pacific is also having a sale, with fares to Italy from $1345

'Prices to Europe have been steady for the last two months, but hopefully the pressure from the Chinese airlines will force the others to drop their prices further,' says Adams.

So, how does Adams manage to find these unbeatable fares? And how can you be the first to know about such deals in the future?

Years ago, Adams was on a quest to find flights for himself and his wife. In the process, he discovered he had a knack for unearthing incredible airfare deals online.

'Our friends and family started using my flight tips and gradually I acquired a reputation for being able to scout out great deals,' explains Adams.

This reputation led him to 'go public' and create the deals website, I Know The Pilot. The name is a nod to his father-in-law, a pilot who taught Adams much about the complex world of aviation.

'We have access to real-time airfare data, so a huge part of the job is keeping an eye on fares as they roll in, and curating the best deals from all of that information,' he explains.

If you're keen on a particular route and you're travelling on a budget, you can sign up for Garth's Airfare Price Alert. This service will notify you when the flight you want drops below your chosen price.

The Art of Finding Cheap Flights

Finding cheap flights is an art that requires patience, flexibility, and a bit of insider knowledge. Here are some tips to help you score the best deals:

1. Be Flexible: The more flexible you are with your travel dates and times, the better your chances of finding a great deal. Midweek flights are often cheaper than weekend flights, and red-eye flights can also offer significant savings.

2. Use Incognito Mode: When searching for flights, use your browser's incognito mode. Some websites use cookies to track your searches and may increase prices based on your interest.

3. Set Price Alerts: As Garth mentioned, setting price alerts can help you snag a deal as soon as it becomes available. Many travel websites and apps offer this feature.

4. Consider Nearby Airports: If you're willing to travel a bit further, you might find cheaper flights from a nearby airport.

5. Book in Advance: While last-minute deals can sometimes be found, booking in advance often offers the best prices.

6. Use a Flight Comparison Website: Aside from I Know The Pilot, other websites like Skyscanner, and Kayak can compare prices from multiple airlines at once, saving you time and potentially a lot of money.

Remember, the journey is just as important as the destination. So why not start your European adventure with a bargain flight? Happy travels!

Key Takeaways

• An airline is offering flights to Rome and Istanbul for under $900 return, the cheapest rates since before the pandemic.
  • The flights are available from Air China and are for travellers who can act on short notice, with the low fares beginning from 17 January, 2024.
  • Flight expert Garth Adams from I Want that Flight identified these bargain fares and has a background in discovering excellent flight deals.
  • Interested travellers can sign up for an Airfare Price Alert to be notified when flights drop below a specified price, as recommended by Adams.
Key Takeaways

What are your thoughts on these incredible flight deals? Have you ever managed to snag a bargain like this? Share your experiences in the comments below.

Sponsored
Becareful flying with low budget or unknown airlines.

My son travels alot and always looking for a bargain but said the one thing he will pay extra for is flights . He has flown with budget airlines only to have return flights cancelled or flights running really late , resulting in missing a connecting flight.

Resulting in paying out so much more money

Reactions: Babbie
Becareful flying with low budget or unknown airlines.

My son travels alot and always looking for a bargain but said the one thing he will pay extra for is flights . He has flown with budget airlines only to have return flights cancelled or flights running really late , resulting in missing a connecting flight.

Resulting in paying out so much more money
Yes, that is very true, something these advertisements fail to mention. I have also known several people who have been caught out badly.

Reactions: Suzanne rose
When I come back from a overseas trip (U.K). I’m straight into the travel agent and book another trip. Same details, dates etc.,
then I have no qualms about when to book, how much to save, can’t get what I need, it’s done. obviously I must like organisation in my life!