Bodybuilder grandmother beats stereotypes – “People who complain about looking old only have themselves to blame.”

One would typically associate the word ‘grandparent’ with someone who is a little past their physical prime, wears reading glasses, and loves knitting (that certainly describes a few of us here at the SDC, and most of us aren’t even grandparents!). But one 53 year old grandmother beat these clichés and proved that grandparents can come in all shapes and sizes.

Even though she’s a nan herself, Andrea Sunshine works out at least six times a week and even brags about how younger men constantly try to win her over.

“If people aren’t happy with something, they can only blame themselves for that. People who complain about looking old only have themselves to blame and need to be more committed to working out.”

“It’s all about attitude and choices. Workouts improve life quality both physically and mentally.”

She discovered her love for fitness while going through a divorce. Her normal workout routine lasts a minimum of three hours – regularly switching up the moves to push her body to the limit.

Eventually, the fit nan won the hearts of thousands and became a popular bodybuilder, clocking over 123,000 followers on Instagram.

5EogTJo4hrCJVk1HQAoGYKsL5Y23wp69fxeVYYEqBxiILCXwNy9VZ7CFVD4U4U_EDHkEpfzvrxMX0jFF19bgmPQenlSEF2PwC2pnYSOOJnMaDK7vknTVVQYaRy_uE8V6SdbBk5JYMp_IdTzC8g
OY0pkS2HiL_N4j45cOdgZG155iDplfxqP1kiRthsNqs7i9OS-gKKNP6sxxfvyGI0fbVeOxBDM1_-zUP1VD7WFEXCOpDMltUHtEjtKL7srCde411fHorRhI8FN5D6MgM6y2Pvr5EulcOXCx6YOw

The bodybuilder nan, Andrea. Image Credit: @andrea__sunshinee

She shared: “After many years of being alone, trying to find out more about who I was, and what I am here for, I have succeeded.”

“I am ready to open up my heart again, for someone interesting and passionate.”

Andrea divulged that she’s often flooded with messages from young admirers on social media – but she’s not interested unless they have grey hairs too.

“I can’t be a hypocrite. Getting attention from young guys turns me on, makes me proud of my shape, and works pretty much as fuel for my ego. It makes me feel good and empowered.”

“But even when I was younger, I was never really attracted to boys. I have been more interested in mature guys.”

“I love those with grey hair. I have had few experiences with young boys during my lifetime, as I did with older people. The bottom line is that it’s [about] the chemistry, it’s not about ages, it’s a question of how comfortable you are with who you are with.”

“In my opinion, the mature guys are more into women’s needs. The young guys are more worried about themselves, although most of the time they are fresher and hotter!”

Video Credit: @andrea__sunshinee

Andrea usually starts her day with a protein shake for breakfast followed by a high-carb lunch and finally, a protein-packed dinner.

During the summer, she opts for a raw diet (which is a diet that mostly consists of completely raw or unprocessed foods) and never eats anything heated over 116°C.

If you’re keen to get a body like Andrea, she suggested: “Flat out burpees are a great go-to exercise for a quick, intense workout.”

“As well as ski abs and touchdown lunges, these will make your quads burn in a matter of seconds.”

“Push-up shoulder taps also work your upper body strength and balance.”

OhGL4uDzbvNYhHSZ8nZouJYN16r7RZgdWLHbS0k9O_3YzB-0VD3LOwYRTV_JY7MKoJo5R8YcjE5KO-7xzu5C0UR6zABuZeFBJeejzFhj-fVNCYwsbdisHS1yaX-nAQ9NZq0wP431NUBW9YmdgQ
IV5r6TJRj9q5WtYjkzYEvfeaDEvAq_HcULmEwJ64Yq4a6Hz3vshqddGpzD2qznV1gGpKxMS_1t5QQolQEPv2o4IR8QNBF3uF2LwgVmCC_RWR7Ez2XdQY_9YuVeOxqBv5antPMDbSXtxiVLvrZg

Andrea opts for a raw diet during the summer. Image Credit: @andrea__sunshinee

But of course, we all have varying fitness levels and goals for ourselves that may or may not match Andrea’s. Some of us may find inspiration in huge, showy muscles, but we think you should be allowed to stick to whatever fitness routine works for you – as the end goal should be what makes YOU happy and healthy, and not what other people think of you.

So, if you’re keen to go on your own fitness journey, don’t be intimidated by complicated, overwhelming exercises! Start small and embrace being a beginner.

There’s NOTHING WRONG with not working out for three hours a day and enjoying a bite out of a delicious biscuit every once in a while.

What are your thoughts on Andrea’s story? Share them with us in the comments!

We found a great, low-impact, beginner workout that you can watch below:

Video Credit: Body Project

Sponsored
Bodybuilder grandmother beats stereotypes – “People who complain about looking old only have themselves to blame.”

One would typically associate the word ‘grandparent’ with someone who is a little past their physical prime, wears reading glasses, and loves knitting (that certainly describes a few of us here at the SDC, and most of us aren’t even grandparents!). But one 53 year old grandmother beat these clichés and proved that grandparents can come in all shapes and sizes.

Even though she’s a nan herself, Andrea Sunshine works out at least six times a week and even brags about how younger men constantly try to win her over.

“If people aren’t happy with something, they can only blame themselves for that. People who complain about looking old only have themselves to blame and need to be more committed to working out.”

“It’s all about attitude and choices. Workouts improve life quality both physically and mentally.”

She discovered her love for fitness while going through a divorce. Her normal workout routine lasts a minimum of three hours – regularly switching up the moves to push her body to the limit.

Eventually, the fit nan won the hearts of thousands and became a popular bodybuilder, clocking over 123,000 followers on Instagram.

5EogTJo4hrCJVk1HQAoGYKsL5Y23wp69fxeVYYEqBxiILCXwNy9VZ7CFVD4U4U_EDHkEpfzvrxMX0jFF19bgmPQenlSEF2PwC2pnYSOOJnMaDK7vknTVVQYaRy_uE8V6SdbBk5JYMp_IdTzC8g
OY0pkS2HiL_N4j45cOdgZG155iDplfxqP1kiRthsNqs7i9OS-gKKNP6sxxfvyGI0fbVeOxBDM1_-zUP1VD7WFEXCOpDMltUHtEjtKL7srCde411fHorRhI8FN5D6MgM6y2Pvr5EulcOXCx6YOw

She shared: “After many years of being alone, trying to find out more about who I was, and what I am here for, I have succeeded.”

Andrea divulged that she’s often flooded with messages from young admirers on social media – but she’s not interested unless they have grey hairs too.

“I can’t be a hypocrite. Getting attention from young guys turns me on, makes me proud of my shape, and works pretty much as fuel for my ego. It makes me feel good and empowered.”

“But even when I was younger, I was never really attracted to boys. I have been more interested in mature guys.”

“I love those with grey hair. I have had few experiences with young boys during my lifetime, as I did with older people. The bottom line is that it’s [about] the chemistry, it’s not about ages, it’s a question of how comfortable you are with who you are with.”

“In my opinion, the mature guys are more into women’s needs. The young guys are more worried about themselves, although most of the time they are fresher and hotter!”

Andrea usually starts her day with a protein shake for breakfast followed by a high-carb lunch and finally, a protein-packed dinner.

During the summer, she opts for a raw diet (which is a diet that mostly consists of completely raw or unprocessed foods) and never eats anything heated over 116°C.

If you’re keen to get a body like Andrea, she suggested: “Flat out burpees are a great go-to exercise for a quick, intense workout.”

“As well as ski abs and touchdown lunges, these will make your quads burn in a matter of seconds.”

OhGL4uDzbvNYhHSZ8nZouJYN16r7RZgdWLHbS0k9O_3YzB-0VD3LOwYRTV_JY7MKoJo5R8YcjE5KO-7xzu5C0UR6zABuZeFBJeejzFhj-fVNCYwsbdisHS1yaX-nAQ9NZq0wP431NUBW9YmdgQ
IV5r6TJRj9q5WtYjkzYEvfeaDEvAq_HcULmEwJ64Yq4a6Hz3vshqddGpzD2qznV1gGpKxMS_1t5QQolQEPv2o4IR8QNBF3uF2LwgVmCC_RWR7Ez2XdQY_9YuVeOxqBv5antPMDbSXtxiVLvrZg

But of course, we all have varying fitness levels and goals for ourselves that may or may not match Andrea’s. Some of us may find inspiration in huge, showy muscles, but we think you should be allowed to stick to whatever fitness routine works for you – as the end goal should be what makes YOU happy and healthy, and not what other people think of you.

So, if you’re keen to go on your own fitness journey, don’t be intimidated by complicated, overwhelming exercises! Start small and embrace being a beginner.

There’s NOTHING WRONG with not working out for three hours a day and enjoying a bite out of a delicious biscuit every once in a while.

She can have her muscles and raw food diet. No thank you.

what floats your boat, but keep your opinions to yourself. I am not jealous by any means but I think your body is awful. What one eats is their choice and if it is not correct too bad. Get back on your wagon.

How ugly plastic barbie doll person not feminine at all more like a man 👎🐾

Well I’m wondering if she’s using her site as a dating app - or telling us all how to look!! Any grey haired men out there interested?
It’s not really attractive all that muscle, but good on her for doing the best she can, a bit of modesty wouldn’t go astray!

All these comments and nobody gets the point. Andrea has found something that gets her motivated and going so good luck to her. Three hours a day is a lot of time, I agree. I am 86 and go to the gym 3 times a week, not to look like Charles Atlas (remember him?) but to keep fit and mobile. People commenting on her physical shape should mind their own business. It is nothing to do with them. Maybe they make comment because they are envious and/or jealous and not like her and are not motivated enough to even try to match her in mind or body. If Andrea is keeping fit and mobile and can keep that way over the years then good luck to her and I wish her well.

what floats your boat, but keep your opinions to yourself. I am not jealous by any means but I think your body is awful. What one eats is their choice and if it is not correct too bad. Get back on your wagon.
Totally agree. Why do people think they have to shove their ideas and beliefs down everyone else's throat? Go about your business and keep it to yourself, Thanks anyway,

I have no argument with Andrea's choices, and I am pleased for her to be doing something she enjoys, including the health benefits, and her personal achievements,. Congratulations.

However, there is no need to blame other people for not making the same choices.

Perhaps it would be helpful to understand that other people do not always have the same opinions, and not everyone has the same goals.

There are also people who do not have a choice, even if they wanted the same thing, for a wide variety of reasons, including physical conditions, or illness, or financial circumstances, to name just a few.

Let's appreciate our differences, and enjoy life the best we can, in our own ways.

Last edited:
I really dislike huge muscles and would never be envious of looking like a man. That’s what that woman looks like. It’s nice to be fit and toned, but she’s over the top. 😛😛😛

Well I’m wondering if she’s using her site as a dating app - or telling us all how to look!! Any grey haired men out there interested?
It’s not really attractive all that muscle, but good on her for doing the best she can, a bit of modesty wouldn’t go astray!
she did report that she was open to offers. and did she add blindfold required??

I expected to see a feeble old lady, but I just saw a woman from 40 to 50. But I agree with her opinion. People who constantly complain about excess weight or poor condition of the skin of their hands after 30 years are themselves to blame for their appearance. I like to read stories about how people struggle with ED or diseases. But most of all, I like the stories of older adults who attempt to be in shape, even considering their age. I've been going to the same gym for more than ten years. It's close to my house. And recently, a 65-year-old man has been exercising with me there. He looks like Dwayne Johnson! I asked if he could take Testolone PureRawz at his age. He said it strengthens his bones and muscles, and it's not bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ricci