GrannySue

Jan 15, 2022
Beware of paying on an estimate read on your gas bill.

I recently watched the gas man reading our meter so decided to take a photo of the reading. Two days later I received my gas bill and was amazed to see an estimate reading rather than the actual and the reading was considerably larger than what my photo showed. I immediately phoned the gas company and asked why the actual wasn’t used as I had witnessed it being read. The assistant wasn’t able to explain the reason but she did adjust the reading to what my photo showed, then reissued the bill which was $500 less than the original amount. So be wary of those confusing utility bills and always check for any discrepancies. I will never pay on an estimate read again!

• Wow
Reactions: Sethia Soliman
Beware of paying on an estimate read on your gas bill.

I recently watched the gas man reading our meter so decided to take a photo of the reading. Two days later I received my gas bill and was amazed to see an estimate reading rather than the actual and the reading was considerably larger than what my photo showed. I immediately phoned the gas company and asked why the actual wasn’t used as I had witnessed it being read. The assistant wasn’t able to explain the reason but she did adjust the reading to what my photo showed, then reissued the bill which was $500 less than the original amount. So be wary of those confusing utility bills and always check for any discrepancies. I will never pay on an estimate read again!
Oh, thank you so much for this, @GrannySue! This is quite concerning... Especially with how expensive nearly everything is nowadays. Every dollar counts!

Reactions: GrannySue