SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Vella Gonzaga

Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021
Bee Gees

Last Sunday, I woke up with the sound of infectious melodies and harmonies swirling in my head, courtesy of none other than the legendary Bee Gees. You see, my dad is a huge fan of them. Every now and then, especially on Sundays or when he wants to kickstart the day with a groovy morning, he’d blast their songs throughout the house. As a kid, I was captivated by the Bee Gees and their mesmerising falsettos. I used to mimic their incredible vocal range, and let me tell you; I failed miserably! And to see them as adorable young kids on Bandstand with Brian Henderson is a blast from the past. It’s incredible to think that their journey started from such humble beginnings. Little did they know back then that they would become the music icons we know and love today. Do you have any memories of the Bee Gees?

compressed-nostalgia.jpeg
Credits: Facebook/Australia Remember When

• Love
Reactions: Liag
Not memories as such, but recently lived in Redcliffe QLD (40mins north of Brisbane), where they have the BeeGees Way, across from the waterfront, its a permanent tribute to the boy's time living in the area, there are statues, videos and photos displayed at the outdoor arcade. Its brilliant, their music and interviews play constantly.

Reactions: Jarred Santos
Have their anthology CD. Each has their own songs . What a group as my friend of 40yrs said not long ago and " we cry everytime a Bee Gee dies". So many wonderful songs

As a child I remember going to Woody Point (Redcliffe, north of Brisbane) and sit in front of a grandstand where 3 boys would perform. I wonder if that was the earliest the Bee Gees had performed in front of a crowd. This would have been in the early 60's.

Love their music and it always brings back good memories. Like member Nana Mermaid I have visited Bee Gees way at Redcliffe and its a great tribute to the group as well as information regarding their life and career. The last time Barry Gibb came out to open the second part of the display I was impressed with what a lovely down to earth person he is and he was happy to walk around among the fans and chat to as many as he could.

I remember seeing the Bee Gees perform at the (I think) Dairy Pavillion, which was free entry, of the Royal Easter Show ( ie the Showground), about 1960. The jerkins which they were wearing in this photo were the significant fashion of the day (even I had one), and I remember the trio wearing them during the performance I saw. It was a very enjoyable experience, as I had not seen a live performance prior to that.

I've never seen them perform live, but when I was doing first aid training with State Emergency Service, we were told that singing Staying Alive gives the perfect rhythm for doing CPR. I wonder how many lives that song has saved?