Beauty on budget: $59 Kmart item outperforms pricier brands?

In the world of beauty gadgets, the Dyson Airwrap has become a cult favourite. It is renowned for its ability to style hair with minimal damage thanks to its innovative air technology.

However, with a price tag that can make your wallet weep, many Aussies are looking for a more affordable alternative that doesn't compromise quality.

Kmart’s Air Styler - Black ($59), priced at a fraction of the cost of the Dyson Airwrap ($679), has been hailed as a 'dupe' for the luxury hair tool.

It's not just the price that's turning heads; the Air Styler promises to deliver 'salon style' waves and curls from the comfort of your home.

With four attachments, three heat and speed settings, and a self-cleaning function, it's easy to see why this Kmart find is flying off the virtual shelves.

1720149963153.png
Kmart introduced an affordable hair curler, hailed as a budget-friendly rival to the Dyson Airwrap. Credit: Kmart

Brittany, a 29-year-old who shared her experience online, has never used the Dyson Airwrap but was thrilled with the bouncy curls she achieved with the Kmart styling tool.

‘I can't say no because I was never going to pay the amount for a Dyson,’ she said.

Echoing the sentiments of many, she questioned, 'Who can afford Dyson in this economy?'

Despite a bit of a learning curve, Brittany was 'obsessed' with the results.

She initially purchased the Air Styler for $69, but Kmart has since reduced the price to an even more wallet-friendly $59.

The buzz around this product is wider than its affordability. One fan complimented Brittany's 'old Hollywood curl vibes'.

‘I was waiting for this day! I knew Anko was working hard in the labs making this,’ the fan said.

Another shopper, who had just invested in the Dyson model, was devastated to see the Kmart alternative for a mere fraction of the price they had paid.

The excitement doesn't stop there. A Kmart shopper with long, thick hair took to social media to share her 'chef's kiss' moment with the product.

‘A Kmart worker asked me what I was looking for. She went out the back and stumbled across one. It hadn't even processed to be on the shelves yet, and these are going to sell out so quickly,’ the buyer commented.

This fan had experience with the Dyson Airwrap and confidently claimed there was 'no difference at all’ between the two products.

While one may argue that the Dyson Airwrap offers better protection against heat damage, the Kmart Air Styler's attractive price point is undeniable.

‘Thanks for sharing, buying now,’ she said enthusiastically.

‘Get in my hot little hands,’ another shared.

Keep informed about promotions by regularly checking our Deals, Discounts, and Bargains forum for the latest updates.
Key Takeaways
  • Kmart Australia has released an affordable hair curler that shoppers believe is a comparable alternative to the expensive Dyson Airwrap.
  • Kmart’s Air Styler - Black ($59) has sold out online due to its popularity and promises salon-style waves and curls.
  • Customers who have tried the styling tool are pleased with the results, with some saying the outcome is as good as, or better than, what they achieved with the Dyson.
  • While Dyson's benefits, including its heat protection feature, are mentioned, many consumers find the Kmart Air Styler more appealing due to its affordability.
Have you tried this product, or are you sticking with your tried-and-true favourites? Share your thoughts and experiences with us in the comments below.

Sponsored