Battle of the Homebrand Chocolate Chip Cookies: Woolies vs. ALDI vs. Coles

There are simple delights in the world: freshly laundered sheets, the smell of coffee in the morning, and the perfect chocolate chip cookie. But not all cookies are equal. Which supermarket offers the best budget-friendly yet delicious option? It’s time for another homebrand battle—chocolate chip cookie edition.

all homebrand cookies merged (1).jpg
Which cookie came out on top? Image Credit: SDC/Member Selyna

But first, let’s meet today’s product reviewer, Selyna, a self-confessed ‘big cookie fan’.

Meet Selyna:

Hi there, my name is Selyna. I’m 53 years old. I have been married for 28 years. I have two adult children and recently became a grandparent for the first time. I also have a grandpuppy.

I have worn many hats in my working life:
  • Royal Australian Air Force
  • Chef
  • Special Needs Teaching Assistant
  • Visual merchandiser for large department stores

In my spare time, I design and create sterling silver jewellery and enjoy spending time with my family.

1. Coles Ultimate Cookies 40% Chocolate Chip | 400g

Coles homebrand cookie merge (1).jpg
Coles’ homebrand offering. Image Credit: SDC/Member Selyna

Price: $4 — Link to purchase

The Coles Ultimate Cookies come in a resealable, recyclable box. Inside, you are offered 26 cookies in a recyclable tray.

The cookies are described as ‘crunchy, buttery, packed with real chocolate chips’ and ‘a delight for your taste buds’. They have no artificial colours or flavours, and the cocoa is Rainforest Alliance Certified.

On first inspection of the cookies, I did not believe that they contained 40% chocolate chips—yes, I actually counted the visible chocolate chips. The only way to know for sure was to take that first bite.

Last edited:
Sponsored
My 20 year old son is called the cookie monster as he loves chocolate chip cookies and his ultimate favourite is the Coles one, he says as you are biting into it you are also biting into chocolate.

We tried the Aldi one and he didn't like it at all , he said it was to dry

I enjoy my Choc Chip Cookies & now know which to avoid. Can't have a mug of coffee without a good biscuit.

Thankyou Selyna, Suzanne rose & Useless. You have done the hard yards for me.

Reactions: Gsr
I confess to being a biscuit snob ! I wouldn’t eat any Coles, Aldi or Woolies own brand biscuits but I love Coles choc chip cookies ! I’m currently trying to cut down from 4 cookies to 2 at a time 😋😋
Well no bought cookies for me I make my own so quick and easy and I know exactly what goes into them.😁

Reactions: Gsr
This story is a repeat, which I’ve notice happening with other segment, is there a reason for this.
Hi @Suzy Q! As an SDC Rewards member, you get access to our specially produced content, like product reviews, before anyone else. This story has been featured again, as it is now open to all SDC members to read. I hope that helps clarify!

Reactions: Ezzy
Coles it is, everyone in my family from hubby to youngest grandchild all love and prefer Coles chocolate chip cookies. Hopefully they won’t change the recipe, or put in less chocolate chips because you know, too many choc chips are bad for your health.

Coles it is, everyone in my family from hubby to youngest grandchild all love and prefer Coles chocolate chip cookies. Hopefully they won’t change the recipe, or put in less chocolate chips because you know, too many choc chips are bad for your health.
Really🙀hahaha your such a joker😹

There are simple delights in the world: freshly laundered sheets, the smell of coffee in the morning, and the perfect chocolate chip cookie. But not all cookies are equal. Which supermarket offers the best budget-friendly yet delicious option? It’s time for another homebrand battle—chocolate chip cookie edition.

View attachment 29671
Which cookie came out on top? Image Credit: SDC/Member Selyna

But first, let’s meet today’s product reviewer, Selyna, a self-confessed ‘big cookie fan’.

Meet Selyna:

Hi there, my name is Selyna. I’m 53 years old. I have been married for 28 years. I have two adult children and recently became a grandparent for the first time. I also have a grandpuppy.

I have worn many hats in my working life:
  • Royal Australian Air Force
  • Chef
  • Special Needs Teaching Assistant
  • Visual merchandiser for large department stores

In my spare time, I design and create sterling silver jewellery and enjoy spending time with my family.

1. Coles Ultimate Cookies 40% Chocolate Chip | 400g

View attachment 29673
Coles’ homebrand offering. Image Credit: SDC/Member Selyna

Price: $4 — Link to purchase

The Coles Ultimate Cookies come in a resealable, recyclable box. Inside, you are offered 26 cookies in a recyclable tray.

The cookies are described as ‘crunchy, buttery, packed with real chocolate chips’ and ‘a delight for your taste buds’. They have no artificial colours or flavours, and the cocoa is Rainforest Alliance Certified.

On first inspection of the cookies, I did not believe that they contained 40% chocolate chips—yes, I actually counted the visible chocolate chips. The only way to know for sure was to take that first bite.