Bali beachgoer’s shocking find at a popular tourist beach sparks heated debate – ‘Is this normal?’

We here at the Seniors Discount Club love nothing more than planning an exotic getaway to a far-flung destination. And even though Bali might not be as ‘off the beaten path’ as it used to be, it’s still one of our favourite places in the world to visit.

After all, what’s not to love? The beaches are beautiful, the food is amazing, and there are so many opportunities for exploration and adventure.

But even paradise has its problems – as one tourist recently learned during a trip to Bali.

A tourist has taken to social media to share a ‘disgusting’ discovery he made while visiting Kuta beach, a popular tourist spot in Bali.

Sharing the photos on Facebook, the tourist said that he had just arrived at his destination but was taken aback when he saw the state of the beach:

Bali1.JPG
It looks like the beach needs a bit of a clean-up. Credit: Facebook

‘Is this normal for the beach or have they had some bad weather event?’ Asked the man as he attached an image of the trash-covered beach.

The photos showed the area completely covered with litter, including plastic cups and packaging. It also looks like the beach is relatively empty; which is unusual for a famous tourist destination.

Other travellers, who saw the images posted by the tourist, had a lot to say in the comments section of his post. One woman said that the garbage problem even extended to an island located not far away from Kuta.

‘It’s so bad! The amount of rubbish and plastic on Nusa Penida Island was disgusting too,’ shared the woman.

bali2.JPG
An aerial view of Kelingking Beach in Nusa Penida. Credit: Dario Fernandez Ruz in Pexels

Another person, who claimed to have been to Balian Beach, said that the rubbish that the tourist found there appeared to have come from build-up in nearby canals.

‘There was some heavy rain last week which means the canals were inundated,’ said the woman.

Others suggested that the littering was due to heavy rainfall and the early wet season.

One person commented: ‘Wind direction changes to an onshore pattern, bringing rubbish from java. Heavy rain pushes rubbish out of rivers into oceans.’

Another added that this was caused by torrential rainfall in Ubud – which also caused landslides.

Some people suggested that tourists should also play their part in helping clean up Bali’s beaches.

‘So many tourists, so many hands. Imagine what a one-hour clean-up could do!’

If you’re planning to take a trip to Bali, make sure to check out the weather conditions first before booking that flight!
Key Takeaways

• A tourist in Bali has revealed images of a ‘disgusting’ discovery they made when visiting a popular beach.
  • The traveller took to Facebook during the week and said he had just arrived at the popular holiday destination, Kuta.
  • But the man says he was stumped to discover the state of the beach – which was littered entirely with rubbish.
  • Many other travellers were stunned by the images, sharing their thoughts in the comments of the post.
  • Most of them think the litter was caused by rainfall and clogging in nearby rivers.
So, there you have it, folks! What do you think about this tourist’s unfortunate experience? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

• Sad
Reactions: Zoya, BJM and Ricci
Sponsored
I don’t know about now but I went there a few years ago and every morning the beach was spotless. They obviously cleaned it up every night. The only time we went in the water was the first few hours in the morning. After that it was disgusting.
I don’t know where the rubbish came from but I know quite a bit of it came from beach goers.
We went looking for a bin to put our rubbish in and could not find one anywhere. So everyone just leaves it lying around.
😢😢😢😢😢

While I'm a senior, I am not cashed up, own a house I have to rent. Like many pensioners are forced to. This club is more for the wealthy than not, what single disabled pensioner renting without any assets can afford trips overseas. I have enough probs filling my tank to travel to Hervey Bay every 3 weeks for Chemo.