SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Vella Gonzaga

Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021
Australia's 12,000 Beaches - How Many Have You Explored?

Hey members!

Did you know that Australia boasts a staggering number of beaches—nearly 12,000 of them? That's right! With such an abundance of sandy shores, it's no wonder Australia is a beach lover's paradise.

Now, if you were to visit one beach per day, it would take you over 32 years to set foot on all of them! Fascinating, isn’t it?

So, I'm curious: How many of these stunning beaches have you had the pleasure of visiting already? Have you discovered any hidden gems tucked away, or perhaps you have a favourite beach that holds a special place in your heart?

Share your beach stories, recommendations, or even photos in the comments below. Let’s make this winter a little bit warmer as we dream of sunny shores.

compressed-aussie beach.jpeg
Credits: Unsplash

Reactions: Ricki
I have travelled extensively to remote locations and found beaches so beautiful that I felt I was the first person to ever be there.

I have visited beaches from Sundown country to sunup country right around and All I can say is your truly missing out if you haven't experienced what there is to be found.

Car park beaches in city settings can be beautiful as well.

Far too many places to mention one, as one beach can be as beautiful as the next. To name one over another too me after what I've seen, is just too hard a test.

We live in a beauty filled country.

Australia's 12,000 Beaches - How Many Have You Explored?

Hey members!

Did you know that Australia boasts a staggering number of beaches—nearly 12,000 of them? That's right! With such an abundance of sandy shores, it's no wonder Australia is a beach lover's paradise.

Now, if you were to visit one beach per day, it would take you over 32 years to set foot on all of them! Fascinating, isn’t it?

So, I'm curious: How many of these stunning beaches have you had the pleasure of visiting already? Have you discovered any hidden gems tucked away, or perhaps you have a favourite beach that holds a special place in your heart?

Share your beach stories, recommendations, or even photos in the comments below. Let’s make this winter a little bit warmer as we dream of sunny shores.

View attachment 24328
Credits: Unsplash

We're lucky enough to live near the beach and will be moving shortly to our new home on the beach at Wonga Beach. Looking forward to walking the dogs there but keeping one eye on the lookout for crocs.

Reactions: RTS and Pink lion
I think Australia has the most beautiful beaches in the world . I walked the Great Walk on Fraser Island and it is magnificent, walking endless km’s on the beaches . I agree Noosa has many great beaches and walks as well through the NP.
I also like the white fine sand of Whitehaven in the Whitsundays. Wish I have been to WA , we were on our way when the Covid broke out and had to return home . Hopefully one day we will travel there doing the big lap.

Of course I forgot a few beautiful beaches , like Wineglass Bay in Tasmania, we did a 2 day walk, with fully packed gear on our back and spend the night on the beach , there was a very old hut , dirty and had a poster of Pat Boone on the wall . So we decided to pitch the tent on the beach , no one around and had a very enjoyable and peaceful night .
Also I like to mention Saunders Beach , north of Townsville , where there is a small parking and camping spot for free for 2 nights . Beautiful beach , you just have to watch the big crocodiles .
Also Etty Bay near Mission Beach and Dunk Island has pristine beaches , also a popular spot where you could see the Casuarina. Very spectacular. Oh, there are so many great beaches like Port Stephens in NSW.

Reactions: Pink lion and RTS
I've been to beaches in every state, except Victoria. A memorable beach party was when we lived in Darwin and everyone set off fireworks on Casuarina Beach on Territory Day.
Mindil Beach Markets was also a great night out.
Fish and chips eaten on the foreshore at Quinns with family is a summer favourite now.

Reactions: Pink lion
Tomakin is a small town near Batemans Bay in southern NSW. Has a beautiful calm beach with clear water where I took my elderly mum for a day out. Mum was losing the balance part of her brain so sadly, even the small waves coming in and out were too much for her, but we laughed a lot together. I miss her. I get my love of the beach from my mum.

Daly Head just west of a little spot in the road called White Hut,
fantastic view from the cliffs pristine surf beach, clean water no weed, rocks on the small headland to the right-hand side. Then five kms of pure clean sand stretching in an arc to your left. At high tide prominent beach gutters and washes are easily seen, so are the schools of salmon. Perfect swimming, surfing and fishing.
What more could you want; we have been haunting that beach on regular occasions for all night great fishing. Check it out on google maps York Peninsula South Aust.
I rate this as best beach in SA, and so do my friends.
There is great camping {tents only} in the sand hills back of beach, caravans at carpark on the headland.
Daly Heads beats Waterfall beach in the Buccaneer Archipelago, out from King Sound Derby WA.
"In my opinion"

Reactions: Pink lion