Australian healthcare brand outperforms weight loss drug records in clinical trials

Disclaimer: This article is not intended to be medical advice. For professional guidance, please consult a GP.

Obesity* in Australia is a significant public health concern* that has been steadily increasing over the past few years. It's a multifaceted issue influenced by various factors such as diet*, lifestyle*, genetics, and socio-economic status.

According to data from the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, as of 2017-2018, around two-thirds* (67 per cent) of Australian adults were classified as overweight or obese*, with rates being higher among men (74 per cent) than women (61 per cent).

As the country grapples with this crisis, the race is on to find new, effective weight loss solutions*.

Much of the attention has focused on promising new medications* like Glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonists (for example, Ozempic), which improve blood sugar control*.

However, an Aussie startup* is leaving billion-dollar pharmaceutical giants in the dust.

img (2).jpg
Australian start-up Juniper claimed that drugs alone are not enough to combat weight loss. Image source: Juniper

By combining medications with personalised coaching* and support*, Juniper* consistently achieves great weight loss* results.

A recent study published in the Journal of Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism has found that Juniper's Weight Reset Program* is substantially more effective than GLP-1 medications* alone in helping patients lose significant amounts of weight.

The study revealed that Juniper's program* was 450 per cent more effective* than medications in achieving weight loss goals*.

Nearly 90 per cent* of those on Juniper's regimen lost at least 5 per cent* of their body weight within 32 weeks*, with one in four patients* losing an impressive 15 per cent or more.

In contrast, only around 20 per cent saw that level of weight loss* from the medication by itself.

While GLP-1 drugs are a significant step forward in battling obesity*, Juniper recognised a much better approach* to battle this epidemic.

That's why they pair the power of GLP-1s with one-on-one health coaching*, customised nutrition and fitness plans*, and 24/7 access to medical experts*.

Juniper's Clinical Director, Dr Matt Vickers, claimed that this emphasis on a sustainable lifestyle* change sets their program apart.

‘This study reveals that even though GLP-1 medications are often described as a “silver bullet” for weight management*, patients may achieve greater outcomes when they also receive personalised diet*, exercise* and medical guidance* from practitioners to help them change lifestyle habits* for the long-term,’ he explained.

Many think that effective weight loss treatments are an approach available only to the rich and famous who can afford a team of in-person doctors*, dietitians*, and personal trainers*.

But Juniper* is making effective obesity treatment* more accessible for everyday Aussies.

But how does the Weight Reset Program* work?

The only comprehensive digital obesity management program* in Australia starts with an online quiz* and consultation* with an accredited Australian practitioner*.

Following this, patients receive a personalised plan* delivered to their door, complete with easy-to-follow instructions* for beginning treatment at home.

Throughout the patient’s journey, Juniper* provides ongoing support* and follow-up care*, helping patients establish habits for long-term success*.

More than that, patients also have access to:

Juniper’s patients* shared their experience with the Weight Reset Program* and how it helped them achieve their ideal weight*.

‘As a mum, I’m always prioritising everybody else. This is about doing something for me,’ Trish, who has been a patient* since January 2023, said.

Meanwhile, Rosemary, who had been a patient since August 2022, stated: ‘I feel more motivated* and so much happier* within myself.’

With obesity* costing the Australian economy over $8 billion per year and driving skyrocketing rates of chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease, the potential impact of Juniper's innovation* can't be stressed enough.

While pharmaceutical giants may have deeper pockets, this Aussie healthcare brand* is proving that when it comes to obesity*, a smart, localised, patient-centric approach* can more than level the playing field.

As the obesity epidemic* rages on, Juniper* offers a welcome ray of hope that we may finally have a scalable solution to help millions of Aussies reclaim their health—and their lives.

*Please note, members, that this is a sponsored article. All content that has an asterisk next to it means we may get a commission when you click on a link—at no cost to you! We do this to assist with the costs of running the SDC. Thank you!

Sponsored
Juniper looks like a rebadged Jenny Craig
Indeed, seems that this is likely, although despite the newsletter headline, there is no mention of Jenny Craig in the article (unless my morning caffeine-boost has failed and I just didn't see it).

Indeed, seems that this is likely, although despite the newsletter headline, there is no mention of Jenny Craig in the article (unless my morning caffeine-boost has failed and I just didn't see it).
"Looks like" a rebadged Jenny Craig. But stay away from all that crap. It's marketing..

Theres one simple way to lose weight, "Do something" sitting on your butt taking pills aint going to shed the pounds!

Biggest issue is most people who have a weight issue should be looking at what they put in their mouth. Young kids are now being diagnosed type 2 diabetic which used to be an age related condition mostly over 55. We need to stop feeding the kids highly processed junk foods like breakfast cereals, biscuits and fizzy drinks all day every day. I grew up when we had no knowledge of what these products can do to the human body. Now we have issues and we are trying to fix it by just doing the same thing and taking pills for it. Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. The big pharmaceutical companies are making a fortune on our sickness. They are not interested in curing any of it just keeping us sick so they profit. Eating real food (I have no issue with the type of diet, I personally eat mostly carnivore) with little or no processing. I'm no having issues from what I did as a teenager and young adult. It catches up with us in old age but the bigger problem is as time goes on more and more younger ones will suffer unnecessarily

Reactions: Maicar
I think genetics have a lot to do with it, yet others never drink and smoke and get cancer very early in life. Life is a lottery. Passing away in one's sleep, what a wonderful way to go. My mother in law passed in her sleep as well.
Yes it can but for a lot of issue related to the food chain it can be reversed. Cancer is a difficult one now. Many variables. Some lived in homes where there were smokers even if they didn't. Some were exposed to toxins they didn't know about. My grandmother passed in her sleep. Wonderful way to go

Please do your reading SDC. This is promoting Ozempic, is a pharmaceutical company, and IS EXPENSIVE at between $299-$500 a MONTH. If you need help, try CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet. It is $199 for 3 months and if all goes well may get your money refunded.

Please do your reading SDC. This is promoting Ozempic, is a pharmaceutical company, and IS EXPENSIVE at between $299-$500 a MONTH. If you need help, try CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet. It is $199 for 3 months and if all goes well may get your money refunded.
I used to think the CSIRO diet was good but they promote a type of mediterranean diet and that really does not exist. Mediterranean covers a large area with many different types of diets. Low carb and very low carb (keto) is really the best. Can make choices of some carbs but keep away from the highly processed junk and high carb things like potatoes. Seed oils need to be culled from the diet too. Use butter, lard, dripping and olive and macadamia oils.

Struggling to shed kilos? This Aussie innovation is said to be four times more effective than diet pills! I've tried almost every diet, I'm now about to try the Labour Party one, although I have warned been warned that it is best listened while on the throne as I am lead to believe that's it's a very fast acting product, hopefully it won't last as long as the Party before getting results