Australia Post driver punished after 'outrageous' act of laziness

One of the best things about online shopping is that you can do it from the convenience of your own home. With only a few taps of your finger, you can find what you need, put it in your shopping basket, check out, and have it delivered right to your doorstep. It's that easy!

But we have to be honest and say that things aren't all rainbows and butterflies all the time. Having your package delivered to your home can occasionally have drawbacks, one of which is having it handled carelessly by the delivery person.

Sadly, that is what happened to this man from Bathurst who happened to see his parcel deliberately thrown from a moving van by the delivery driver.

Mitch Woodhouse said that in CCTV footage of the incident, he saw a white delivery van from Australia Post drive past his house and throw a parcel right at his yard. The package can be seen flying through the air before landing on the grass.

'Didn't quite get it in the mailbox or at the front door,' Mr Woodhouse wrote in a post on social media, saying that he found it quite funny that he received a “safe delivery” notification right at the same time.

eSPx4-Oju_7T0hmlMTCQ4XF0XP_1wUz3NNGaptV6zeJa9X9wIFKddWTWFBP1XvJqHXFY4UVtQzvziDLRXlW5wh9VOH471SunvbsPvJ-SCDidIpMHFPe9XH466tWCEK-NMLoxTWKtjXWy8DwzgbQPP0BqRhemdTSEufNagh_S1F3hSBdMvOxDFMVJ4Q

A delivery man from Australia Post was caught throwing a package. Credit: Facebook.

Whether Mr Woodhouse's item was damaged or completely unharmed following the incident was not revealed, but his post on the popular Facebook group 'Australia Post Complaints' garnered a lot of interest from his fellow disgruntled customers.

Many people felt bad for what happened to him, but there were also a few who thought it was funny. One user even joked: 'Did it have an “Airmail” sticker on it?'

A second user added to the conversation and said, 'Bet the driver used to be a paperboy. Australia Post needs to decline those with that on their resume.'

'You don't get any more “express” than that,' wrote a third.

The majority of people who left comments on the post were appalled by the delivery driver's behaviour and encouraged Mr Woodhouse to file a formal complaint.

Since then, a representative from Australia Post has responded to the situation, indicating that the delivery driver in question is no longer employed by the company.

'These actions are not in line with the high service standards we expect of our people, and we have contacted the customer to apologise,' the spokesperson said.

'The contractor is no longer delivering for Australia Post.'

QAjsRUfBHY-kNqgqtygIQ6neDmJ3pSnNZ13kgBDlFEn7cwh-v9CeK1t-KZNUW2gM3NZfoFJG827NMpsgPsg-f6Mk1GLxZwXM_KieIUWArENrFOEZYomtoMlEU1Dd2IZqAjcCtPHAE7tL1O3rBB3z0ZwTi7LSyftcokavIgbW9k81wgG3SyRj6BavkA

This isn't the first time Australia Post has been in hot water because of their workers. Credit: Facebook.

This isn’t the first time Australia Post has been in hot water over the actions of an employee. One sued them in the past for 'carding' him, and he recently won the settlement.

What about you, members? Do you have other less-than-ideal experiences with Australia Post (or other mail companies)? Share them with us in the comments!

Sponsored
I had a similar situation several years ago when I sent my lovely daughter-in-law a gift of a pretty glass tealight holder.
It was packed carefully in bubble wrap, packed appropriately, and marked fragile.
My d_i_l heard the van pull up and as she opened the door it landed at her feet.
As she had recently had a new bub, from the rattling in the parcel, she thought I had sent a rattle.
Aust Posts answer to my complaint was to request me to send the broken glass to them to prove my claim, as the driver denied his actions.
Who hangs on to a pile of broken glass, it had gone into the bin immediately????

I had a similar situation several years ago when I sent my lovely daughter-in-law a gift of a pretty glass tealight holder.
It was packed carefully in bubble wrap, packed appropriately, and marked fragile.
My d_i_l heard the van pull up and as she opened the door it landed at her feet.
As she had recently had a new bub, from the rattling in the parcel, she thought I had sent a rattle.
Aust Posts answer to my complaint was to request me to send the broken glass to them to prove my claim, as the driver denied his actions.
Who hangs on to a pile of broken glass, it had gone into the bin immediately????
That’s probably why some of the drivers get away with it. Aus Post does nothing unless you have a video. Asking for the broken glass, well let’s face it you could break some glass and send it to them so what a stupid request !
I ask them to leave parcels if I’ll be out, but sometimes the company won’t allow it and if you are not home it will be taken to the Post Office, so I make sure I’m home, but the parcel goes straight to the PO they don’t even try to deliver it. I don’t drive and this really drives me mad !

One of the best things about online shopping is that you can do it from the convenience of your own home. With only a few taps of your finger, you can find what you need, put it in your shopping basket, check out, and have it delivered right to your doorstep. It's that easy!

But we have to be honest and say that things aren't all rainbows and butterflies all the time. Having your package delivered to your home can occasionally have drawbacks, one of which is having it handled carelessly by the delivery person.

Sadly, that is what happened to this man from Bathurst who happened to see his parcel deliberately thrown from a moving van by the delivery driver.

Mitch Woodhouse said that in CCTV footage of the incident, he saw a white delivery van from Australia Post drive past his house and throw a parcel right at his yard. The package can be seen flying through the air before landing on the grass.

'Didn't quite get it in the mailbox or at the front door,' Mr Woodhouse wrote in a post on social media, saying that he found it quite funny that he received a “safe delivery” notification right at the same time.

eSPx4-Oju_7T0hmlMTCQ4XF0XP_1wUz3NNGaptV6zeJa9X9wIFKddWTWFBP1XvJqHXFY4UVtQzvziDLRXlW5wh9VOH471SunvbsPvJ-SCDidIpMHFPe9XH466tWCEK-NMLoxTWKtjXWy8DwzgbQPP0BqRhemdTSEufNagh_S1F3hSBdMvOxDFMVJ4Q

A delivery man from Australia Post was caught throwing a package. Credit: Facebook.

Whether Mr Woodhouse's item was damaged or completely unharmed following the incident was not revealed, but his post on the popular Facebook group 'Australia Post Complaints' garnered a lot of interest from his fellow disgruntled customers.

Many people felt bad for what happened to him, but there were also a few who thought it was funny. One user even joked: 'Did it have an “Airmail” sticker on it?'

A second user added to the conversation and said, 'Bet the driver used to be a paperboy. Australia Post needs to decline those with that on their resume.'

The majority of people who left comments on the post were appalled by the delivery driver's behaviour and encouraged Mr Woodhouse to file a formal complaint.

Since then, a representative from Australia Post has responded to the situation, indicating that the delivery driver in question is no longer employed by the company.

'These actions are not in line with the high service standards we expect of our people, and we have contacted the customer to apologise,' the spokesperson said.

QAjsRUfBHY-kNqgqtygIQ6neDmJ3pSnNZ13kgBDlFEn7cwh-v9CeK1t-KZNUW2gM3NZfoFJG827NMpsgPsg-f6Mk1GLxZwXM_KieIUWArENrFOEZYomtoMlEU1Dd2IZqAjcCtPHAE7tL1O3rBB3z0ZwTi7LSyftcokavIgbW9k81wgG3SyRj6BavkA

This isn't the first time Australia Post has been in hot water because of their workers. Credit: Facebook.

This isn’t the first time Australia Post has been in hot water over the actions of an employee. One sued them in the past for 'carding' him, and he recently won the settlement.

What about you, members? Do you have other less-than-ideal experiences with Australia Post (or other mail companies)? Share them with us in the comments!
The problem comes from the Employee not having pride in themselves or their work ethics and you will find that most of this type of worker is from another country, not all of them mind you but most.... And customers should make a complaint so that these kind of miserable shits can be fired

always had great service from auspost . if parcels won,t fit in mailbox its left in garage . friendly and personal .

Reactions: Reaper123 and Ricci
That’s probably why some of the drivers get away with it. Aus Post does nothing unless you have a video. Asking for the broken glass, well let’s face it you could break some glass and send it to them so what a stupid request !
I ask them to leave parcels if I’ll be out, but sometimes the company won’t allow it and if you are not home it will be taken to the Post Office, so I make sure I’m home, but the parcel goes straight to the PO they don’t even try to deliver it. I don’t drive and this really drives me mad !
We are the same , multiple times we’ve had to collect from the post office when we were inside waiting for the delivery. When we complained they said that they had a photo of the address when a parcel was left( not our house) so I showed them our house, nothing happened not even an apology still haven’t received that parcel.

Maybe it's a rural thing I don't know but we've always had excellent service, friendly banter or a cheery wave from our posties. Probably shouldn't say this but one place I lived, if you were going away you told the postie and he held your mail at his house till you came home for safety. That he lived in the village helped, he would even bring a loaf of bread or a bottle of milk if he knew you were poorly.:)

Maybe it's a rural thing I don't know but we've always had excellent service, friendly banter or a cheery wave from our posties. Probably shouldn't say this but one place I lived, if you were going away you told the postie and he held your mail at his house till you came home for safety. That he lived in the village helped, he would even bring a loaf of bread or a bottle of milk if he knew you were poorly.:)
Ditto here. Our local bloke is a legend, as are the people running the local licensed Post Office.

Reactions: Ricci

We must be in the sweet spot for deliveries. Both our posties and delivery contractors are awesome, they bring all parcels to the front door and place them carefully on the ground, or hand them to us if we are at the door, and are always friendly and cheerful. If there's letters at the same time as a parcel is delivered, they bring those to the door as well :eek:)

Reactions: Reaper123 and Ricci
My postal contractors have for the most part been excellent so I cannot grumble, they have stairs and a gate to negotiate and they are usually impeccible.

We'd had times when everybody's at home, the doorbell had never rung, but received a card saying the postman was here when nobody's at home. So we'd have to pick up our parcel at the post office. From then on, we'd try our best to wait out in the frontyard if any important parcel was expected, to catch 'him' and catch 'it'. (⋟﹏⋞)

We had sad incident my son ordered some very small compact solar panels for his RC cars.They were packed in a manila envelope and somewhere along the trip postie had folded the envelope into a very small package and shoved it through the letter box opening. Aus Post said well we did deliver it.

• Sad
Must admit, since my grumble yesterday about the broken tealight holder, having moved to the country 12 months we get excellent service from our local post office and our friendly postie.
Country people are wonderful, I would never want to go back to the city.

I got my mail half poking out of the mailbox slot so when it rained, it got wet! I was asleep having worked a night shift.

• Sad

I'm going to play devils advocate here because there are a couple of things I can't just get my head round. 1st the box looks bigger than the drivers window 2nd how on earth would the driver get the purchase to throw a box that size, that distance from a seated position twisting to his right, I'm a little doubtful that this is authentic, just my opinion.