Aussies share their ultimate 2023 purchase: ‘Worth every cent’

In 2023, Australians have been making some incredible purchases for their homes, transforming their living spaces and enhancing their lifestyles.

From high-tech gadgets to practical storage solutions, these purchases have been game-changers despite the ongoing cost of living crisis.

Let’s look at what Aussies think are their best purchases in 2023!

The conversation sparked when a curious shopper asked social media users to name the best product they bought and instantly fell in love with over the past year.

The responses were diverse and fascinating, offering a glimpse into the priorities and preferences of Australians when it comes to their homes.

photo.png
Kristy and Georgina said that spending on these items was worth it. Credit: Facebook

Kristy, for instance, made a significant investment by adding a sparkling new pool to her backyard.

Despite the considerable cost, she claimed it was worth every cent, providing her family with a private oasis for relaxation and fun.

Meanwhile, Jayne took a more practical approach, investing in solar panels to save money on energy bills. This was a popular choice among many respondents, with one noting that the installation was 'absolutely worth it'.

‘We don't have to worry about bills for running aircon [the] whole day. Also, we try to run dishwashers [and] washing machine during [the] day to get solar energy used,' another user added.

In the realm of home appliances, Honey splurged on a robot vacuum cleaner and a mop with a docking station that included water and a dustbin.

'Ridiculously expensive but the best thing we ever bought,' she said.

'I should vacuum the corners and little places the vacuum can't reach, but otherwise [we don't vacuum]. I do have to clean the vacuum brush from long kids' hair every few uses.'

Practicality was a common theme among the best purchases of 2023.

Eva bought Prima Shelves from Elevato Home for her bathroom, providing extra space for her shampoo and conditioner bottles, shower sponges, and razors.

‘I love that they're not suction cups. It has super sturdy adhesive tape; they're long-lasting and will stay strong,' she said.

Another shopper named Lucie also found a solution for her cluttered cleaning cupboard with storage containers from Elevato Home.

‘Loved these for my under-sink storage—they're the perfect fit around the drain and easy to pull out. I've had them up for eight months, and no issues with them staying on. Super sticker attachments,' she said.

photo 1.png
Yvonne and Eva shared their best 2023 purchase on social media. Credit: Facebook

Yvonne splurged on a new King mattress and base from Snooze, with prices ranging from $900 to $2500. This investment in quality sleep was a decision she didn't regret.

The kitchen was another area where Australians made significant purchases.

Georgina bought a StirMate automatic stirrer from Amazon for $69.57.

'Got it off Amazon. It's rechargeable and just clips onto any saucepan. It's been great for making sauces, gravy that needs constant stirring,' she said.

Krystal, on the other hand, opted for a Ninja Multi-Cooker, which she claimed replaced her need for an oven.

'Never need my oven again. They're so good I got one for my mum too and even she hasn't used the oven since,' she said.

Other notable purchases included an ice maker, an air fryer, an air purifier, a Kitchenaid, a Bissel spot cleaner, Sabco spray mops, a pet cooling mat from Bunnings, a Franke kitchen tap with a pull-out sprayer, and a top loader washing machine.

Aside from snagging great deals for your appliances, start your year by transforming your home in an innovative way!

Here’s the fun part: You don’t need to buy more items for home improvement—you only need to repurpose these everyday items in way we never thought possible. Discover these home improvement tips here.
Key Takeaways
  • Australians have been sharing the best purchases for their homes in 2023, with a variety of gadgets and furnishings making the list.
  • Investments in energy-saving solutions like solar panels and practical items such as robot vacuum cleaners have been particularly popular despite economic concerns.
  • Handy home additions such as automatic stirrers, multi-cookers, and smart storage solutions have been spotlighted for their utility.
  • Purchases vary widely, from simple organisational tools to luxury items, with many customers expressing satisfaction and perceiving value in their buys.
What was your best home purchase in 2023? Share your experiences in the comments below. We'd love to hear from you!

Sponsored
In 2023, Australians have been making some incredible purchases for their homes, transforming their living spaces and enhancing their lifestyles.

From high-tech gadgets to practical storage solutions, these purchases have been game-changers despite the ongoing cost of living crisis.

The conversation sparked when a curious shopper asked social media users to name the best product they bought and instantly fell in love with over the past year.

The responses were diverse and fascinating, offering a glimpse into the priorities and preferences of Australians when it comes to their homes.

View attachment 38685
Kristy and Georgina said that spending on these items was worth it. Credit: Facebook

Kristy, for instance, made a significant investment by adding a sparkling new pool to her backyard.

Despite the considerable cost, she claimed it was worth every cent, providing her family with a private oasis for relaxation and fun.

Meanwhile, Jayne took a more practical approach, investing in solar panels to save money on energy bills. This was a popular choice among many respondents, with one noting that the installation was 'absolutely worth it'.

‘We don't have to worry about bills for running aircon [the] whole day. Also, we try to run dishwashers [and] washing machine during [the] day to get solar energy used,' another user added.

In the realm of home appliances, Honey splurged on a robot vacuum cleaner and a mop with a docking station that included water and a dustbin.

'I should vacuum the corners and little places the vacuum can't reach, but otherwise [we don't vacuum]. I do have to clean the vacuum brush from long kids' hair every few uses.'

Eva bought Prima Shelves from Elevato Home for her bathroom, providing extra space for her shampoo and conditioner bottles, shower sponges, and razors.

‘I love that they're not suction cups. It has super sturdy adhesive tape; they're long-lasting and will stay strong,' she said.

Another shopper named Lucie also found a solution for her cluttered cleaning cupboard with storage containers from Elevato Home.

‘Loved these for my under-sink storage—they're the perfect fit around the drain and easy to pull out. I've had them up for eight months, and no issues with them staying on. Super sticker attachments,' she said.

View attachment 38684
Yvonne and Eva shared their best 2023 purchase on social media. Credit: Facebook

Yvonne splurged on a new King mattress and base from Snooze, with prices ranging from $900 to $2500. This investment in quality sleep was a decision she didn't regret.

'Got it off Amazon. It's rechargeable and just clips onto any saucepan. It's been great for making sauces, gravy that needs constant stirring,' she said.

Krystal, on the other hand, opted for a Ninja Multi-Cooker, which she claimed replaced her need for an oven.

'Never need my oven again. They're so good I got one for my mum too and even she hasn't used the oven since,' she said.

Other notable purchases included an ice maker, an air fryer, an air purifier, a Kitchenaid, a Bissel spot cleaner, Sabco spray mops, a pet cooling mat from Bunnings, a Franke kitchen tap with a pull-out sprayer, and a top loader washing machine.

Aside from snagging great deals for your appliances, start your year by transforming your home in an innovative way!

Here’s the fun part: You don’t need to buy more items for home improvement—you only need to repurpose these everyday items in way we never thought possible. Discover these home improvement tips here.
Key Takeaways

• Australians have been sharing the best purchases for their homes in 2023, with a variety of gadgets and furnishings making the list.
  • Investments in energy-saving solutions like solar panels and practical items such as robot vacuum cleaners have been particularly popular despite economic concerns.
  • Handy home additions such as automatic stirrers, multi-cookers, and smart storage solutions have been spotlighted for their utility.
  • Purchases vary widely, from simple organisational tools to luxury items, with many customers expressing satisfaction and perceiving value in their buys.
What was your best home purchase in 2023? Share your experiences in the comments below. We'd love to hear from you!
I have bought a Shark Steam and Scrub Mop and it is light (3.1kg) and very easy to use and my house full of vinyl and tiles looks clean again Bev

View attachment 38685

View attachment 38684

Key Takeaways

I bought a hot water dispenser, it looks like a coffee machine but only boils water instantly. I drink single cups of tea and it is always ready quick, easy and not wasteful of electricity. I love it. lI have two good electric jugs in the garage, anyone wants one.

Reactions: DrivingGirl
I bought the smallest, cheapest thing but has been so useful. It’s a small, plastic thing that takes the centre out of capsicum, seeds and all. It cost me a couple of dollars from TEMU. I love a gadget lol

View attachment 38685

View attachment 38684

Key Takeaways

My daughter bought me a floating mop from global direct best thing ever, I have severe arthritis in both shoulders and with this mob, I don’t have to go backwards and forwards, I spray as I go. It has scrubbing brushes, normal washing pads and polishing pads for like hardwood floors, and of cause my upright cordless vacuum 😆

View attachment 38685

View attachment 38684

Key Takeaways

A leaf blower - instead of using a broom - so much easier!

In August we added extra solar panels plus a battery and blackout protection. Since then we have had 4 blackouts, the longest being six hours, and had our power on thanks to the battery and blackout box. We also added a heat pump hot water system. Our power bill dropped by a third from that alone and when you add the savings from solar, we pay very little for electricity.

Reactions: June E
Mine is definitely my Nespresso coffee machine- I’m in love with it and it saves me so much money and makes the best coffee!
It’s the one with the steam wand which steams the milk perfectly.

I bought the smallest, cheapest thing but has been so useful. It’s a small, plastic thing that takes the centre out of capsicum, seeds and all. It cost me a couple of dollars from TEMU. I love a gadget lol
I'm a gadgets girl.
One of the best things I have ever bought was a cherry pit remover. I hate spitting out seeds.
Next on the list will be an olive pit remover.
Sometimes the simple things end up being things to make life easier with hardly any financial stress.
I found Temu too.