Aussie woman’s $10 DIY cake stand hack from Kmart

Tigga Maccormack, a cake maker from Melbourne, went viral on TikTok for her video which showed how to make a $10 cake stand.

By combining the two unexpected Kmart items, she saved hundreds of dollars. What a bargain!

niSq5Vsjr9T_RL5xMvtSHEk1rXZ4vrBwICvty1EspBhVHtUHuSvo_2HHKBEn-HjmzqPi6zI_EcS9jbS5zCQTHReAHM_9jsuNf4KWcvDRtMR0zLUg2yH8eIAj58glq0qMEF6rpGhj

Maccormack suggested the 12-inch board for larger cakes. Photos from TikTok / tigga_mac.

During Tigga’s regular visit to her local retailer last week, she picked up a planter stand for $3.25 and a wooden board for $6.

Then, she attached the top of the stand to the bottom of the wooden chopping board using a few squeezes of hot glue.

“All I did was: I went into my craft box and got my hot glue gun, and then squirted some glue onto the top of my stand,” she said on the video.

“Then I stuck the stand to my wooden board,” said the Aussie cake maker.

The pre-existing alcove on the underside of the board perfectly fits the rim size of the metal planter.

She described the finished product as a “bloody cheap and an awesome cake stand”, and after seeing the result, we agree! That is one fantastic looking cake stand.

“I was so obsessed with it that I had to make myself a black one and a pink one too,” she added.

iNyNuBdWXQgVosoDqCyKdwesk19aQ2ls4jXd4ywoXJNldDqYEDhc-W7nX9Y35hdEJRBPlH3tO6kyuK1gmYM7xPmxJnTXz67N3qhVsgGzGr_HTFjLSqmmpYhFudlMSuIv4KUBBWUT

She also painted the other wooden boards for variety. Photo from TikTok / tigga_mac.

The TikTok video was viewed over 1 million times on Tigga’s page, garnering around 91.9K likes and 719 comments.

“You are freaking amazing! What a brilliant idea,” wrote one viewer in the comments section.

“You just blew my mind! I’m using them as cheese boards,” another commented.

A third added: “You are so clever.”

“Watch Kmart sell out of this super fast,” said one user, speculating that it won’t be long before the metal planters and wooden boards sell out from Kmart stores across the country, thanks to Tigga’s hack.

This would look great on the Christmas table. After all, we should give our cakes the spotlight they deserve. We suggest heading over now to your local Kmart before stocks run out!

Sponsored
People are so creative! How do they think of these things