Aussie swears up a storm after winning $40 million Powerball jackpot: 'I can't believe it…'

Since the odds of winning the lottery are astronomically low, anyone who receives the unbelievable news that they have won is certain to have a wild and unexpected reaction.

This is the case with one mum from South Australia who won $40 million in Thursday's Powerball jackpot and is reportedly still trying to wrap her head around the whole thing.

J2dlhL1k3cVl3cFBPBtlg7pI9hZpR7V6LOZDMz7NaV8ACtlyhC7wOR-n7Bozhm4pUo_NaIgGo6ly9pZrNaiGUz3jwcQmOjSjiSiKrkr6q5f6lAUsdB-mEUAKGDwCvyP1Em4kGpOTWZRN85djv-FoT21E6BGe5W5eokmBn6gV-LdZPVMS5S-ghJVt-Q

The woman pulled over to the side of the road when she heard the news. Credit: The Lott.

It was a perfectly ordinary Thursday for this one mum from Snowtown: she was driving home from somewhere after meeting with her friend, and hours before, she was having fun and even joking about winning the Powerball.

As she was driving, she received a call from an unidentified number, so she pulled over to the side to answer it. But little did she know that the mysterious call would change her life forever.

When the woman, who preferred not to be named, answered the call, she found out that it was from The Lott, Australia's Official Lottery provider, and they told her she had just won the entire $40 million Powerball jackpot.

The news sent her into hysterics, as expected. 'Oh my god! Oh my god,' the woman screamed while she was still parked on the side of the road. 'F*** off! F*** off! My brain isn't working at the moment…'

'Forty million dollars? Is this true? What, I can't believe it.' She then told the lottery workers that she had taken a detour down some random street to get the call and that she had no idea where she was because she was so shocked.

0WFoPgrcX1JCnj1qh8KkXyHCv1QHOIZrGCWa1BJC7zttFYaU9BdcEBFooRn20Tua0pYDIiMJ4LW-BZCj8ceWbxskVwNeEMiO3z5WTkHjaB5v5N9hbOa5lMRqR5s2JHDIbYWQ6z_VGDYiVJ7JfWF_6yLaY2YtEvPYCkOYDyboG0W4tuwghqkW55aDdA

The winning woman is the first Powerball division one winner in South Australia for 2022. Credit: The Lott.

On Thursday, September 8th, 2022, Powerball draw 1373 was held, and the Mid North resident owned the single winning Division One ticket – this means that she won the entire jackpot prize of $40 million by herself!

The lucky mum is South Australia's first division one Powerball winner of 2022.

During an interview, the mum joked about winning the jackpot after a rough few months, but she never thought it would actually happen.

'Funnily enough, I was joking around with a friend earlier this morning saying if I won division one in Powerball, I'd go on a holiday around the world.'

'I definitely didn't expect to win the entire jackpot tonight. Never in a million years did I think this would've happened to me,' she went on to say.

'It's been a tough few months, so this is life-changing.'

Sure enough, holidays and celebrations are already on the way for the lucky mum, but she said she needs some time to think about this life-changing news first.

Her winning numbers for the Powerball draw were 15, 21, 23, 13, 30, 25, 31, and the Powerball number 10.

Wow, that mum is one lucky duck; we're sure she and her family will be living in style for years to come! What do you think about this story, folks?

We also have to ask: what would be your reaction if you found out that you have won the lottery? Would you be in the same hysterical situation as this mum? Or do you think you would have kept your calm? (To be quite honest, we're the former!)

You are also welcome to talk with us about the things you would do if you ever win the lottery jackpot. Where will your holiday plans take you? Share your thoughts with us in the comments!

Sponsored
Since the odds of winning the lottery are astronomically low, anyone who receives the unbelievable news that they have won is certain to have a wild and unexpected reaction.

This is the case with one mum from South Australia who won $40 million in Thursday's Powerball jackpot and is reportedly still trying to wrap her head around the whole thing.

J2dlhL1k3cVl3cFBPBtlg7pI9hZpR7V6LOZDMz7NaV8ACtlyhC7wOR-n7Bozhm4pUo_NaIgGo6ly9pZrNaiGUz3jwcQmOjSjiSiKrkr6q5f6lAUsdB-mEUAKGDwCvyP1Em4kGpOTWZRN85djv-FoT21E6BGe5W5eokmBn6gV-LdZPVMS5S-ghJVt-Q

The woman pulled over to the side of the road when she heard the news. Credit: The Lott.

It was a perfectly ordinary Thursday for this one mum from Snowtown: she was driving home from somewhere after meeting with her friend, and hours before, she was having fun and even joking about winning the Powerball.

As she was driving, she received a call from an unidentified number, so she pulled over to the side to answer it. But little did she know that the mysterious call would change her life forever.

When the woman, who preferred not to be named, answered the call, she found out that it was from The Lott, Australia's Official Lottery provider, and they told her she had just won the entire $40 million Powerball jackpot.

The news sent her into hysterics, as expected. 'Oh my god! Oh my god,' the woman screamed while she was still parked on the side of the road. 'F*** off! F*** off! My brain isn't working at the moment…'

'Forty million dollars? Is this true? What, I can't believe it.' She then told the lottery workers that she had taken a detour down some random street to get the call and that she had no idea where she was because she was so shocked.

0WFoPgrcX1JCnj1qh8KkXyHCv1QHOIZrGCWa1BJC7zttFYaU9BdcEBFooRn20Tua0pYDIiMJ4LW-BZCj8ceWbxskVwNeEMiO3z5WTkHjaB5v5N9hbOa5lMRqR5s2JHDIbYWQ6z_VGDYiVJ7JfWF_6yLaY2YtEvPYCkOYDyboG0W4tuwghqkW55aDdA

The winning woman is the first Powerball division one winner in South Australia for 2022. Credit: The Lott.

On Thursday, September 8th, 2022, Powerball draw 1373 was held, and the Mid North resident owned the single winning Division One ticket – this means that she won the entire jackpot prize of $40 million by herself!

During an interview, the mum joked about winning the jackpot after a rough few months, but she never thought it would actually happen.

'Funnily enough, I was joking around with a friend earlier this morning saying if I won division one in Powerball, I'd go on a holiday around the world.'

'I definitely didn't expect to win the entire jackpot tonight. Never in a million years did I think this would've happened to me,' she went on to say.

Sure enough, holidays and celebrations are already on the way for the lucky mum, but she said she needs some time to think about this life-changing news first.

Her winning numbers for the Powerball draw were 15, 21, 23, 13, 30, 25, 31, and the Powerball number 10.

Wow, that mum is one lucky duck; we're sure she and her family will be living in style for years to come! What do you think about this story, folks?

We also have to ask: what would be your reaction if you found out that you have won the lottery? Would you be in the same hysterical situation as this mum? Or do you think you would have kept your calm? (To be quite honest, we're the former!)

You are also welcome to talk with us about the things you would do if you ever win the lottery jackpot. Where will your holiday plans take you? Share your thoughts with us in the comments!
Good for her. However, I have a question: WHY WASN’T IT ME??? 🤷‍♂️😩🤨

I would give the bulk of it to the needy, and only ask to keep enough to buy a nice little house in the suburb where I was happy, but had to leave because of unscrupulous real estate agents!

Reactions: Ricci

My reaction- well I certainly wouldn’t be swearing like a gutter rat!!!