Geoff8

Jan 2, 2022
Aussie Post scam

I received a text message from Australia Post saying I had a parcel ready for pick up but they wanted to confirm my address. There was even a tracking number for me to check.

On looking further into it I discovered that there wasn’t a spelling mistake the banner was correct and all of the fields required to be filled in were also correct.

HOWEVER scrolling down further I was requested to send $2.51 to be able to continue.

Warning lights popped up in my head and I immediately realised it could a scam. I even went to the post office and double checked the tracking number and they informed me it was not valid.

SO everyone please be aware of this one as it can cause you to lose everything….

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Sethia Soliman
Aussie Post scam

I received a text message from Australia Post saying I had a parcel ready for pick up but they wanted to confirm my address. There was even a tracking number for me to check.

On looking further into it I discovered that there wasn’t a spelling mistake the banner was correct and all of the fields required to be filled in were also correct.

HOWEVER scrolling down further I was requested to send $2.51 to be able to continue.

Warning lights popped up in my head and I immediately realised it could a scam. I even went to the post office and double checked the tracking number and they informed me it was not valid.

SO everyone please be aware of this one as it can cause you to lose everything….
Please be very careful about these text messages! A few other members have posted about receiving a similar scam message from AusPost. We highly recommend reporting it to the ACCC's Scam Watch division here: https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam. I hope we can all put an end to these scammers!

Reactions: Geoff8