Aussie mums share their top Aldi buys

Christmas is fast approaching so have you already stocked up your fridge and pantry with all the goodies? Or are you still considering your options? If you’re still considering your options, or want more goodies to add to your stock-pile, then you have to check out this list of top Aldi picks a few Aussie mums have made.

From goose fat potatoes to garlic dips and desserts such as tiramisu and brownies, the list has everything you need to be prepared for the festive season. So, grab your pen and paper, and take some notes for your next trip to Aldi because these are the top picks you don’t want to miss out on:

Goose Fat Potatoes, $3.99

The first one on the list is also among the most popular buys at Aldi: the $3.99 Specially Selected Goose Fat Crispy Roasting Potatoes.

This product is almost always sold out, to the point that some customers even buy multiple packets just to make sure that they don't run out.

“I have eight bags in the freezer!” one mum admitted. “We love them… crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside.”

They are part of Aldi’s Christmas Special Buys. However, if there is a popular demand, they could become part of the regular line.

wid-rNP5zraaZJVaL2KcgYn1hFjCPnoLE_so5PYWbIgof8dMQmHS84ccSWlK7zjHnycu0ZDbcHw_QNs_Xk2NbXPx5OzCJh3_pDbP4zpC_2xcl665ph4rt5QqX-hbuvQZS_vDF3Pe

Photo from Aldi.

Honey roasted parsnips, $2.99

Another Christmas favourite!

Aldi’s honey roasted parsnips go great with any type of roast and can even be eaten alone as a snack or partnered with turkey or beef.

“The honey roasted parsnips go amazingly in the air fryer,” one mum suggested.

“We sprinkle a little mustard powder on them, and it's so good!” another added.

h9BRwyz2gzOdaMeEVJFOayyud-YdTI_pD0W2arzB-LToRFG-JWMgtRd3ey0Mnad6a3l8iVzmWMRdR3R-ZaVvve5AEjL7vZ_hV40FN29VlEX7wswsOx1RSbyGMtXDqEHtub_wkBoi

Photo from Aldi.

Mini Dutch Pancakes, $3.99

For those looking for something on the sweeter side, Aldi’s Mini Dutch Pancakes are for you!

They taste heavenly with a sprinkle of icing sugar or a drizzle of honey, maple syrup, or Nutella. But if you’re watching your sugar intake, they are also perfect on their own.

“OMG, how good are the mini Dutch pancakes!” one mum said. “Just 40 seconds in the microwave.”

“Aldi for the win again,” another added.

k872pRWRJ3_G5t-l9vxW7Is9LgoQLil4-hB56rU8CfpEXFl2EG7hW0EQxyjE6eiVmKUy4z6hEfz-1qV8cYueLjdPss-r6V_1Z9cLJtumYmAX5zijeepAMrB5ARD7QHzfnUVeiS--

Photo from Aldi.

Garlic Dip, $2.79

Another popular product on the menu: Aldi’s Garlic Dip is famous not only because it goes great with any snack, but also because it tastes absolutely amazing when used on your homemade pizzas.

“I’ve seen so many people commenting about the garlic dip, so thought I’d try it tonight for a garlic pizza and OMG, it was delicious,” wrote one mum.

“Jumped on the garlic dip bandwagon! I can never eat anything else with my pizza ever again,” another member of the Facebook group agreed.

One shopper even predicted that the hype might cause Aldi to run out of stock.

If this sounds like something you would fancy, better put this one at the top of your grocery list!

Xl5vRJr6FtDT1a_DFVyxmpaKV7dETeJPUB2SpbqLkBt-QKN_xHupzDr3CiNUqMs1aJ7t0fwEEPR-4IaQB2XrBvZLC_DKibK8IM5Jh8iwAZTznLzZDjt9yVlQgXztoYfT9_nS6inB

Photo from Aldi.

Tiramisu, $4.99

Do you have a big family you’re seeing this Christmas? You can trust that Aldi’s 500g tiramisu has your dessert servings covered.

One mum advised: “The huge chilled tiramisu is a must if you have enough mouths to share it, as it has a short life once opened, but is delicious.”

She also recommended the Salted Caramel flavoured O’Donnell’s country cream for a nice little drink to enjoy it with.

3WBp_bCpe834dbNCKWdxBX3LoS_SZmsEtpGHL5rBMu3i1CtAVZAOKa3vUl0AejrFljJqBOE3--gWLa8tYwkecJIXsx5fN7SourIWxM9oR8R5HHjs-kMIIstlsJ4LENUz9egTJB6g

Photo from Aldi.

Spinach and feta gozleme, $4.49

Aside from the Christmas buys, there are also some mums who have suggested their go-to snacks and light meals from Aldi.

One of them is the Authentic Turkish Gozleme that comes in Feta and Spinach flavour.

"The spinach and cheese gozleme is delish. I just put it in the microwave to defrost, then light fry or put it in a sandwich press. Drizzle with fresh lemon juice,” one Aussie mum suggested.

c0sNG6QDY82mkiwK42UxjQF31rrtGtl-3neKETR6xYnOKwAt_uOF0OdnNnVLZ7MUq2szRC_dCftnAZAWKKsVj2_Wqb2IAPIZRrwfIT03pRIqT6Rwbo1KQ54zITqodyM787IHeMP1

Photo from Aldi.

Triple choc brownie mix, $2.49

And the final product on the list is another dessert entry! (Which you know we love)

We all love the smell and taste of freshly baked treats, but it can also be quite the hassle. Preparation, mixing, cooking, not everyone has the time for it. This is where Aldi’s White Mill brownie mix comes to the rescue.

Impress your family and friends with mouth-watering brownies, minus the mess in the kitchen!

“Triple choc brownie packet mix is so addictive they definitely give Donna Hay a run for her money,” one mum joked.

4kPmYhsSIYbJJLXr_V3vLVRXP1azdtNuygdryqzBDEGmiYFVSLOQJA8D4E7fYg_l14YLmN3yL7wQutndSv7Ofa1HOXdi5hAERd2wedTsWGQc8FvwSmNEOL1TSbYHTZBwQNixvr12

Photo from Aldi.

All of these products seem amazing! Make sure you include them all in your list. We sure will be! What are your must-haves from Aldi for Christmas?

Sponsored
The brownie mix looks like a winner to me :)

I already have the potatoes and the parsnips, only thing is I'm not sure they're going to still be here come Christmas!!