Aussie mum swears by this cleaning product as her ‘secret weapon’ – but not everyone is convinced

Everyone loves a good cleaning hack, especially ones that save us time and money. And we’re certainly not above trying new and unusual methods if that means we get the job done faster!

That’s why we’re excited to share this recent hack from Aussie mum, Carolina McCauley, who swears by this ‘miracle’ cleaning product.

Carolina, a mum of two, is well known for her ‘messy hacks’ on TikTok. Recently, she shared cleaning hacks using shaving cream, but not all of her fans loved the advice.

clean5.JPG
Carolina claims that shaving foam can 'disinfect' toilet bowls, too. Credit: Karolina Grabowska in Pexels

First, Carolina used shaving foam to clean her toilet bowl, claiming that it can ‘clean and remove odours’. She even said that the foam contains alcohol, which is why it can be used to ‘disinfect’ the toilet brush.

Plus, she explained that shaving cream smells amazing compared to regular cleaning products, which is why she recommended this ‘hack’ to her followers.

You can find the first part of her video here:

However, not everyone was a fan.

One user wrote: ‘There's not enough alcohol in shaving cream for disinfecting!’

‘Not exactly a cheap alternative,’ said another.

One even questioned the hack by saying: ‘Why do we use this on our skin if it removes stains from porcelain?’ Good question!

Carolina’s hacks don’t stop there, though.

She lathered the foam, and washed and buffed her bathtub to give it a ‘glistening’ shine.

She also demonstrated how you can use the foam to clean stains from carpet. She left the foam on top of the rug stain for 20 minutes, before wiping it away with a cloth. Surprisingly, this seemed to take the stain out of the material.

You can watch part of Carolina’s shaving foam hack here:

Again, her fans were suspicious of this hack, saying that shaving cream can’t ‘clean’ the surfaces.

‘I don’t trust this advice,’ said one woman.

‘It doesn’t work at all, I tried it. Super excited for nothing because it didn’t remove a single thing,’ added another.

‘Or you could buy some cleaner, which is cheaper,’ one user wrote.

Lastly, Carolina also used the foam to clean the sink and faucet, claiming that the ‘miracle’ product removes watermarks to make the porcelain shiny. She also used this to polish mirrors and brass handles.

‘Works great on mattresses!’ Said one woman,

‘Thank you, I love this!’ Added another.

Someone else said: ‘Great tip, thank you!’

You can watch how Carolina cleaned her mirrors and brass handles here:

Key Takeaways

• Shaving cream can apparently be used for cleaning purposes beyond just shaving.
  • Some people are sceptical of using shaving cream for cleaning due to its potential to be messy, but apparently, it is effective on mirrors and brass handles.
  • Shaving cream has some disinfecting qualities, but it is not a replacement for traditional cleaning products.
What can you say about this, folks? Will you try out Carolina’s cleaning hack? Also, if you want more cleaning advice, you can check out our cleaning and home improvement forum here!

Last edited:
Sponsored
I've used it to stop car windscreen fogging up & it works for that (smear it on then polish it off). Would be prepared to try it as suggested tho I'm not sure it's a cheap solution but looks like a simple enough "trick" at least

Reactions: Ricci
Everyone loves a good cleaning hack, especially ones that save us time and money. And we’re certainly not above trying new and unusual methods if that means we get the job done faster!

That’s why we’re excited to share this recent hack from Aussie mum, Carolina McCauley, who swears by this ‘miracle’ cleaning product.

Carolina, a mum of two, is well known for her ‘messy hacks’ on TikTok. Recently, she shared cleaning hacks using shaving cream, but not all of her fans loved the advice.

View attachment 8450
Carolina claims that shaving foam can 'disinfect' toilet bowls, too. Credit: Karolina Grabowska in Pexels

First, Carolina used shaving foam to clean her toilet bowl, claiming that it can ‘clean and remove odours’. She even said that the foam contains alcohol, which is why it can be used to ‘disinfect’ the toilet brush.

Plus, she explained that shaving cream smells amazing compared to regular cleaning products, which is why she recommended this ‘hack’ to her followers.

You can find the first part of her video here:

However, not everyone was a fan.

One user wrote: ‘There's not enough alcohol in shaving cream for disinfecting!’

‘Not exactly a cheap alternative,’ said another.

One even questioned the hack by saying: ‘Why do we use this on our skin if it removes stains from porcelain?’ Good question!

Carolina’s hacks don’t stop there, though.

She lathered the foam, and washed and buffed her bathtub to give it a ‘glistening’ shine.

She also demonstrated how you can use the foam to clean stains from carpet. She left the foam on top of the rug stain for 20 minutes, before wiping it away with a cloth. Surprisingly, this seemed to take the stain out of the material.

You can watch part of Carolina’s shaving foam hack here:

Again, her fans were suspicious of this hack, saying that shaving cream can’t ‘clean’ the surfaces.

‘I don’t trust this advice,’ said one woman.

‘It doesn’t work at all, I tried it. Super excited for nothing because it didn’t remove a single thing,’ added another.

‘Or you could buy some cleaner, which is cheaper,’ one user wrote.

Lastly, Carolina also used the foam to clean the sink and faucet, claiming that the ‘miracle’ product removes watermarks to make the porcelain shiny. She also used this to polish mirrors and brass handles.

‘Works great on mattresses!’ Said one woman,

‘Thank you, I love this!’ Added another.

Someone else said: ‘Great tip, thank you!’

You can watch how Carolina cleaned her mirrors and brass handles here:

Key Takeaways

• Shaving cream can apparently be used for cleaning purposes beyond just shaving.
  • Some people are sceptical of using shaving cream for cleaning due to its potential to be messy, but apparently, it is effective on mirrors and brass handles.
  • Shaving cream has some disinfecting qualities, but it is not a replacement for traditional cleaning products.
What can you say about this, folks? Will you try out Carolina’s cleaning hack? Also, if you want more cleaning advice, you can check out our cleaning and home improvement forum here!

My mum used METHO to clean bath, basins, toilet seats, etc.
One bottle of METHO lasts flamin’ ages and it is a great use for old T-shirts as the soft cloth. Super clean, no scratches, tiny cost, so simple.

Why is an Aussie mum saying faucets ? We say taps in Australia. Am I the only one sick of all this Americanism coming into our language.

Reactions: Chris and SandyM
Why is an Aussie mum saying faucets ? We say taps in Australia. Am I the only one sick of all this Americanism coming into our language.
Is the Aussie mum saying "faucets", or is it the writer using that American term? Either way the whole article is rubbish! With the plethora of cleaning products at our disposal, why on earth would one want to resort to using a can of shaving cream? Ridiculous idea!!! These "hacks" are often misguided, or totally false, only used to garner attention. "TikTok" says it all!!!
Some people will do anything for their fifteen minutes of fame!

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
I'm with you Phyll, I am sick & tired of reading & hearing American slang/speech/spelling HERE in AUSTRALIA! Let's stand proud & tall of OUR OWN language. Why the hell anyone would want to follow America in anything at all is beyond me, the place is a mess. C'mon Aussie c'mon.