Aussie mum shares ‘genius’ Christmas hack for Woolies paper bags

A regular shopper from Woolworths shared an unusual hack using the supermarket's brown paper bags.

The crafty mum shared photos on Facebook revealing how she repurposed the shopping bags from her groceries as gift wrap for the coming festive season.

"I found a use for all the paper bags I get from Woolies click & collect! I’ll add a red ribbon, and they’ll look schmick," she captioned the post in the Facebook group.

uWwiCgZ5XTWblmBUVYIqiRFkOvzQL8jVQFXyefksd71ydlpHicxVUxRH_hXXIO9ykKcbe7efsvggJ4iPoVSj9Z48Izy2pWlRSGFcZhTfuspPPTVExbrq9ToFGobLNsk4rEQy1O09

Each paper bag costs 20 cents. Photo from Facebook.
First, she deconstructed the paper bag by cutting down one side and then flattening it out.

She made sure the Woolies logo was facing down when wrapping the present so she could use the blank canvas on the other side.

Dqj7DKV4qRhx_4jDkbAG8GtwgBznkJtcox8qeJV3PlXvTAotNOWAVXAJIa--4YKzDm059zMeCsgaOzQllalTvkwDRoiNWF72aiTpXEFQsF0U34rt4q3pa8swiXI6I243CDqqQ2Qw

You can use the blank canvas to write the recipient’s name or insert a holiday message. Photo from Facebook.
Comments flooded from fellow Woolworths shoppers gushing about the nifty trick.

"Love this!! I have heaps of these paper bags, so I’m stealing this one," one user said.

"Great idea," wrote another.

Upcycling your unused paper shopping bags is not only easy and affordable, but it also replaces traditional single-use wrapping paper.

Several supermarket giants are already rolling out their festive goodies just in time for the holiday season.

Earlier this month, Woolworths released the first products from its 2021 Gold Christmas dessert range with plum puddings, fruit mince tarts, shortbread and slices.

Coles also launched their 2021 festive range, which includes crackling ham roasts, summer berry trifles, and icing figurines.

On the other hand, Aldi traversed the premium road by launching products such as the deluxe 30-month matured pudding from the UK, which sells for $19.99.

There are only two months left till Christmas! Have you already figured out what to give your loved ones?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
WOW now we can BUY our paper bags, i hope soon we will be able to buy our dockets,must save coles and woolies a fortune not to mention "brownie points for the environment"but then, the packaging does nt seem to carry over to their other products sandwiches, cakes, meat etc. By the way if you take a trip to the local dump you will see the old degradable bags (free) have been replaced with the new 20 cent non degradable bags (environment nil, coles and woolies +++,gen public now adds a dollar to thier shopping each week) must be about a million shoppers a week hmm a million bucks a week income and a million degradable bags to no longer buy, and getting 'brownie points along the way, not bad eh ? i guess we are like sheep ...the old aussie catch cry...what can you do ..im only one person, should be on our flag.Iknow some of us re use our purchased bags but we are a minority...big difference between the idea and the actual result

Reactions: The Bunyip