Aussie Mum Reveals Budget-Friendly ‘Holy Grail’ Cleaning Product: The Surprising Solution to Stained Fabric!

Cleaning is a necessary chore that most of us dread. It's time-consuming, tiring, and often frustrating when our products don't seem to work as advertised.

With so many cleaning products on the market, it can be difficult to find the right one that actually does what it promises.

The truth is, finding a holy grail product for cleaning is no easy task. Despite the many options available, many cleaning products fail when delivering results.

Some products can even make things worse, leaving behind streaks, residue, or even damaging surfaces.

But an Aussie mum has recently shared an ingenious discovery that just might become that elusive holy grail - a surprisingly budget-friendly cleaner.

Sharing her discovery on the Mums Who Clean Facebook group, one mum raved about using Windex on a stubbornly stained armchair with incredible success.

The high-backed armchair was in a sorry state when the woman purchased it - stained and needing some urgent TLC (tender loving care).

However, the mum claimed all it took was a quick spritzing of Windex and natural light to bring the chair back to its former glory.

1682487089780.png
The mum said she needed a bottle of Windex and natural light to restore an old armchair. Credit: Facebook/Mums Who Clean.

The savvy homemaker wrote: ‘I posted a while ago that I used Windex on an armchair and created quite the stir.’

'But it worked. My chair looked fantastic.'

Her post was met with enthusiastic approval from others, who agreed that all you need is a can of humble Windex, which can be picked up at the supermarket for $2.85.

One person shared: ‘Did a chemical/cleaning workshop years ago in aged care, and while talking about different cleaning products, we were told that if you could only ever have one ... make it Windex, as it will clean everything.’

'My friend uses Windex on her carpet for stains,' another added.

A third chimed in: ‘What a game-changer!’

Not only is the spray versatile for furniture cleaning, but it can also be used for various other purposes. For instance, a childcare worker shared her trick of using Windex to swiftly clean the soiled clothes of children just before their parents arrived for pick-up.

The worker shared: ‘If children got paint on their clothes, I’d change their clothes and spray the paint stains with Windex and rinse before the parents came, and the marks would be gone.’

‘Worked every time.’

But before you rush to the nearest store to purchase Windex, we suggest you read this article, in which a professional cleaner provides valuable insights on which cleaning products to steer clear of.

By doing so, you'll be able to decide whether investing in this product aligns with your long-term cleaning goals and is worth your money.

Key Takeaways
  • An Aussie mum has discovered a budget-friendly, all-purpose cleaning solution in Windex.
  • The product was used on a stubbornly stained armchair with great success, restoring it to its former glory.
  • Enthusiastic approval from others suggests Windex is a versatile and effective cleaning product, even used for removing stains from carpets and children's clothes.
  • A professional cleaner provides valuable insights on which cleaning products to steer clear of, helping readers make informed decisions on purchasing cleaning products.

So, members, have you ever used Windex for a tricky cleaning problem? How did it go? Tell us about your experiences, and more importantly, what other tips do you have for keeping furniture and carpets clean? Share your stories in the comments below!

Sponsored
I agree, windex is great for getting stains out of the carpet. Actually it works better on them than actually using it to clean windows lol
Hi Colette: hope you don't mind me asking - do you spray the Windex on carpets stains and leave it on, or do you need to wipe it off somehow? Thanks for the help. J

Reactions: Ezzy
Hi Colette: hope you don't mind me asking - do you spray the Windex on carpets stains and leave it on, or do you need to wipe it off somehow? Thanks for the help. J
I just spray it on and wipe it off more or less straight away, working from the middle of the stain outwards. I also have a spare cloth to dry it off. It was a tip from my boss years back and I’ve found it works better than products designed for carpet cleaning

Reactions: Ezzy and JustJulie
I just spray it on and wipe it off more or less straight away, working from the middle of the stain outwards. I also have a spare cloth to dry it off. It was a tip from my boss years back and I’ve found it works better than products designed for carpet cleaning
Thanks so much Colette :)

Hi Collette. I've been meaning to let you (and others) know that I used the windex on my carpet stain and it worked brilliantly! The stain has been there for years and not much else was able to get it out. Thanks so much for the tip. I did what you said: sprayed on the windex, used a damp clean cloth to rub over it and then used a dry cloth to wipe up excess windex/moisture. It's a game changer and thank you very much.

Cleaning is a necessary chore that most of us dread. It's time-consuming, tiring, and often frustrating when our products don't seem to work as advertised.

With so many cleaning products on the market, it can be difficult to find the right one that actually does what it promises.

The truth is, finding a holy grail product for cleaning is no easy task. Despite the many options available, many cleaning products fail when delivering results.

Some products can even make things worse, leaving behind streaks, residue, or even damaging surfaces.

But an Aussie mum has recently shared an ingenious discovery that just might become that elusive holy grail - a surprisingly budget-friendly cleaner.

Sharing her discovery on the Mums Who Clean Facebook group, one mum raved about using Windex on a stubbornly stained armchair with incredible success.

The high-backed armchair was in a sorry state when the woman purchased it - stained and needing some urgent TLC (tender loving care).

However, the mum claimed all it took was a quick spritzing of Windex and natural light to bring the chair back to its former glory.

View attachment 18357
The mum said she needed a bottle of Windex and natural light to restore an old armchair. Credit: Facebook/Mums Who Clean.

The savvy homemaker wrote: ‘I posted a while ago that I used Windex on an armchair and created quite the stir.’

'But it worked. My chair looked fantastic.'

Her post was met with enthusiastic approval from others, who agreed that all you need is a can of humble Windex, which can be picked up at the supermarket for $2.85.

One person shared: ‘Did a chemical/cleaning workshop years ago in aged care, and while talking about different cleaning products, we were told that if you could only ever have one ... make it Windex, as it will clean everything.’

'My friend uses Windex on her carpet for stains,' another added.

A third chimed in: ‘What a game-changer!’

Not only is the spray versatile for furniture cleaning, but it can also be used for various other purposes. For instance, a childcare worker shared her trick of using Windex to swiftly clean the soiled clothes of children just before their parents arrived for pick-up.

The worker shared: ‘If children got paint on their clothes, I’d change their clothes and spray the paint stains with Windex and rinse before the parents came, and the marks would be gone.’

‘Worked every time.’

But before you rush to the nearest store to purchase Windex, we suggest you read this article, in which a professional cleaner provides valuable insights on which cleaning products to steer clear of.

By doing so, you'll be able to decide whether investing in this product aligns with your long-term cleaning goals and is worth your money.

Key Takeaways

• An Aussie mum has discovered a budget-friendly, all-purpose cleaning solution in Windex.
  • The product was used on a stubbornly stained armchair with great success, restoring it to its former glory.
  • Enthusiastic approval from others suggests Windex is a versatile and effective cleaning product, even used for removing stains from carpets and children's clothes.
  • A professional cleaner provides valuable insights on which cleaning products to steer clear of, helping readers make informed decisions on purchasing cleaning products.

So, members, have you ever used Windex for a tricky cleaning problem? How did it go? Tell us about your experiences, and more importantly, what other tips do you have for keeping furniture and carpets clean? Share your stories in the comments below!
Didn’t know it came in cans mine are in plastic spray bottles🤔

Hi Collette. I've been meaning to let you (and others) know that I used the windex on my carpet stain and it worked brilliantly! The stain has been there for years and not much else was able to get it out. Thanks so much for the tip. I did what you said: sprayed on the windex, used a damp clean cloth to rub over it and then used a dry cloth to wipe up excess windex/moisture. It's a game changer and thank you very much.
Awesome! So glad it worked for you 😊