Aussie comedians share RELATABLE take on ALDI’s super-fast checkout

We’ve all been there – racing to the checkout in an ALDI store, juggling bags of groceries, wondering how on earth you’re going to get through that whizzing conveyor belt.

Thanks to a couple of comedians who shared a relatable take on ALDI’s super fast checkout, thousands of shoppers finally get to see the lighter side of the very stressful situation.

Comedy duo Jack Steele and Matt Ford, who go by the name ‘The Inspired Unemployed’, created a skit featuring one ‘grocery shopper’ whose arms were all filled with numerous items as he struggled to leave the store.

Meanwhile, the next ‘customer’ approached the checkout counter with his grocery-filled shopping basket asking, ‘What happened to him?’

However, before the ‘shopper’ had a chance to unpack everything, the ‘checkout employee’ scans the whole lot of them and hurls them at the customer before demanding payment.

The hilarious skit garnered the attention of thousands of ALDI shoppers online, with many admitting that they themselves have always wondered why the employees seem so eager to scan fast.

It was also noted that the innovative skit from the Aussie comedy duo has also managed to tickle the funny bones of thousands of social media users.

Several ALDI shoppers took to the comments section of the post to share their tips on how to successfully manage the checkout counter.

'Finally found the trick! Load it all in a trolley then into bags calmly at the car,' one savvy shopper advised.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fac800c42-db72-4218-8f71-becbd7d09e81

The duo’s take on the stressful ALDI checkout experience helped thousands of shoppers see the lighter side of the frustrating situation. Credit: Instagram/The Inspired Unemployed.

The suggestion is perfect for those who have cars as ALDI allows customers to take the trolleys to the parking lot in order to unload the groceries from the baskets to their vehicles.

While another person revealed that ALDI’s checkout experiences are anxiety-inducing situations for them.

'I've been saying this for years! You need a f**king ANTI-ANXIETY and a PRE-WORKOUT before shopping at ALDI!' they wrote.

Key Takeaways

• ALDI customers have long been eager to discuss their experience with the budget supermarket chain's notoriously speedy checkout counter.
  • Comedy duo, Jack Steele and Matt Ford, have created a new video in which they highlight the stress of checking out at ALDI.
  • The video has drawn the attention of thousands of ALDI customers, who expressed that they have always wondered why employees seem so eager to scan products quickly.

It should be noted, however, that ALDI has recently launched improvements to their checkout system that might just help some customers complete their transactions faster. These include the dreaded self-checkout stand which most Aussies prefer to steer clear of – guaranteed to cause more stress than necessary!

How about you? Have you ever experienced a checkout that made you want to throw in the towel? Share it with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
As there are always lots of people wanting a checkout no wonder the operators work fast. They are always happy to help me (an older lady) unload my shopping as I am very slow these days. If you can't tolerate their work ethic then don't shop there!

We’ve all been there – racing to the checkout in an ALDI store, juggling bags of groceries, wondering how on earth you’re going to get through that whizzing conveyor belt.

Thanks to a couple of comedians who shared a relatable take on ALDI’s super fast checkout, thousands of shoppers finally get to see the lighter side of the very stressful situation.

Comedy duo Jack Steele and Matt Ford, who go by the name ‘The Inspired Unemployed’, created a skit featuring one ‘grocery shopper’ whose arms were all filled with numerous items as he struggled to leave the store.

Meanwhile, the next ‘customer’ approached the checkout counter with his grocery-filled shopping basket asking, ‘What happened to him?’

However, before the ‘shopper’ had a chance to unpack everything, the ‘checkout employee’ scans the whole lot of them and hurls them at the customer before demanding payment.

The hilarious skit garnered the attention of thousands of ALDI shoppers online, with many admitting that they themselves have always wondered why the employees seem so eager to scan fast.

It was also noted that the innovative skit from the Aussie comedy duo has also managed to tickle the funny bones of thousands of social media users.

Several ALDI shoppers took to the comments section of the post to share their tips on how to successfully manage the checkout counter.

'Finally found the trick! Load it all in a trolley then into bags calmly at the car,' one savvy shopper advised.

The duo’s take on the stressful ALDI checkout experience helped thousands of shoppers see the lighter side of the frustrating situation. Credit: Instagram/The Inspired Unemployed.

The suggestion is perfect for those who have cars as ALDI allows customers to take the trolleys to the parking lot in order to unload the groceries from the baskets to their vehicles.

While another person revealed that ALDI’s checkout experiences are anxiety-inducing situations for them.

'I've been saying this for years! You need a f**king ANTI-ANXIETY and a PRE-WORKOUT before shopping at ALDI!' they wrote.

Key Takeaways

• ALDI customers have long been eager to discuss their experience with the budget supermarket chain's notoriously speedy checkout counter.
  • Comedy duo, Jack Steele and Matt Ford, have created a new video in which they highlight the stress of checking out at ALDI.
  • The video has drawn the attention of thousands of ALDI customers, who expressed that they have always wondered why employees seem so eager to scan products quickly.

It should be noted, however, that ALDI has recently launched improvements to their checkout system that might just help some customers complete their transactions faster. These include the dreaded self-checkout stand which most Aussies prefer to steer clear of – guaranteed to cause more stress than necessary!

How about you? Have you ever experienced a checkout that made you want to throw in the towel? Share it with us in the comments below!

Very funny love it

So true!
Love how Aldi zip through the items ... then smile sweetly at me and ask cash or card. 😇
I know their trick.
Every item has multiple bar codes stamped on them.

Reactions: Ricci

Key Takeaways

I only buy one or two items at Aldi and then have to stand in line at checkout waiting for ages for the basket laden shoppers to get through. Never enough checkouts open! Except for those few items I'd never set foot inside their stores. :(

Key Takeaways

I had an Aldi checkout operator scanning so fast I couldn't possibly put them into the trolley at the same rate, finally the items spilled onto the floor, I stopped trying and said if you don't slow down so I can manage I am walking out and leaving you with this load. She told me they are timed and rewarded if they beat a certain time limit. That is the reason I rarely shop at Aldi anymore. You might save a bit but the cost of a psychologist to sort out your heightened stress levels is much more, sounds to me like Hitler must be a part owner of the company.

I love Aldis and buy everything I can there. Such an easy checkout as I place everything in the trolley then pack at the bench. Easy peasy!
I agree, what's the problem. Everybody's got a winge these days.
Everyone's complaining about prices and then complaining because they have to pack themselves at Aldi.
You can't have it all ways, just get a life and get on with it

I love being able to pack my own stuff at Aldi. I just place everything back in the trolley and then take it to the bench and pack it into my bags. It's very frustrating when the person in front of you is leisurely packing their stuff into their bags and I'm standing there waiting before my stuff can be scanned. If the checkout person is going too quick, I just keep putting my stuff in the trolley at my pace and they soon get the message and slow down. I do know about their rules as I applied for a job there when they first came to Perth but didn't get a position. But most of the checkout operators are happy to slow down a bit if you ask them.

Reactions: tweed111 and Ricci
Whilst I like shopping at Aldi and getting all the bargains I absolutely hate going through the checkout. No matter how fast i move I cannot keep up with the checkout operator.:(
When I go there, I just take my time and if they have to wait ( the checkout operator), so be it 😁😁

Reactions: tweed111 and Ricci
I had an Aldi checkout operator scanning so fast I couldn't possibly put them into the trolley at the same rate, finally the items spilled onto the floor, I stopped trying and said if you don't slow down so I can manage I am walking out and leaving you with this load. She told me they are timed and rewarded if they beat a certain time limit. That is the reason I rarely shop at Aldi anymore. You might save a bit but the cost of a psychologist to sort out your heightened stress levels is much more, sounds to me like Hitler must be a part owner of the company.
Love that last bit!

Reactions: Thecheesequeen
Glad I read this, explains a lot. I have to say it can be frustrating when you've managed to keep up with the scanning and they announce the total while you've still got one or two items to place back in your trolley. You feel obliged to stop that and to make you payment, like you're holding the checkout operator and the next customers up. But even if you immediately make the payment and then place the remaining items in the trolley you feel like you're holding everyone up.