Are you struggling with putting on your duvet cover? Try these two effortless methods!

Keeping the bed made can be a real chore sometimes.

And if you thought making your bed was hard, wait until you have to put a duvet cover on!

It can be especially difficult if you’re on your own, as you’ll have to try to stuff the cover down tightly while trying not to be too frustrated.

But worry not—if you’re having difficulty with that duvet cover, these two easy methods may just be what you need.

First method: The 'Burrito Method'

This tip has been around for quite a while and has become quite famous on social media.

SDC Images (15).png
The ‘Burrito Method' and ‘Tie Method' are two easy ways to put on duvet covers! Image source: mrsiraphol on Freepik.

Here’s how the method works: start by placing the duvet cover on the bed inside out and placing it on your bed with the zip side at the foot.

Put the duvet on top of the cover, and start from the top and slowly roll everything up like a burrito.

Once you’re done rolling, spread apart the open end and wrap it around the roll so the two sides meet. Get a good grip on the cover, and unroll everything!

Your duvet is now inside the cover, and you’re done!

For a brief video demonstration, you can watch this video from the bedding company Piglet in Bed below:

Second method: The 'Tie Method'

This one was recommended by Lifehacker Editor Beth Skwarecki and can only be used if your duvet cover has ties at each corner.

Don’t have ties? Don’t worry—just turn the cover inside out and sew on two pieces of ribbon on each of the four corners.

Here’s how this method works: Spread your duvet on the bed, then turn the cover inside out and lay down on top of the duvet.

Now, you’re ready to tie each corner with the ties or ribbons.

After which, turn the entire thing right side out, and you’re done!

If you experience any lumps or bumps, just pick up the duvet by one end and give it a good shake—the duvet should flatten out and get snug inside the cover.

We know it can be quite challenging to visualise, but luckily, you can watch this simple demonstration video to get an idea of how this method works below:

Now, if you’re also feeling a bit frustrated about folding your fitted sheets… We’ve got the solution for you!

Folding sheets can be physically demanding, especially for those with mobility issues or arthritis. The process requires a lot of bending, stretching, and tugging, which can strain the body.

But did you know there is an easier way of folding fitted sheets for storage?

Dubbed the 'Folding Queen' on social media, a woman named Lennia has cracked the code for folding fitted sheets like a pro. And it's not just about making them look nice and neat, it's also about saving you time, space and, of course, your sanity.

You can read more about this trick here!
Key Takeaways
  • Putting a duvet cover on can be difficult, but there are two, more straightforward methods to make the process easier.
  • The 'Burrito Method' involves turning your duvet cover inside out, placing the duvet on top of it, rolling the two together, and then wrapping the open end of the duvet cover around the roll.
  • The 'Tie Method' requires a duvet cover with ties at each corner inside. You turn the cover inside out, tie the corners of the duvet and cover together, and then turn it right side out.
  • If your duvet cover doesn't have ties, you can sew them in yourself using pieces of ribbon.
  • If followed correctly, both methods result in a smoothly placed duvet within its cover.
Sharing is caring, dear members—if you have other tips and tricks on how to put your duvet covers easily, share them with us in the comments below! We’d love to hear them!

Sponsored
Some people don't even bother making the bed let alone keeping their house tidy. The way they figure it, is if your house is in a mess only you know where everything is and a would be thief doesn't want to go through all your junk to find something to steal :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Keeping the bed made can be a real chore sometimes.

And if you thought making your bed was hard, wait until you have to put a duvet cover on!

It can be especially difficult if you’re on your own, as you’ll have to try to stuff the cover down tightly while trying not to be too frustrated.

But worry not—if you’re having difficulty with that duvet cover, these two easy methods may just be what you need.

First method: The 'Burrito Method'

This tip has been around for quite a while and has become quite famous on social media.

View attachment 30183
The ‘Burrito Method' and ‘Tie Method' are two easy ways to put on duvet covers! Image source: mrsiraphol on Freepik.

Here’s how the method works: start by placing the duvet cover on the bed inside out and placing it on your bed with the zip side at the foot.

Put the duvet on top of the cover, and start from the top and slowly roll everything up like a burrito.

Once you’re done rolling, spread apart the open end and wrap it around the roll so the two sides meet. Get a good grip on the cover, and unroll everything!

Your duvet is now inside the cover, and you’re done!

For a brief video demonstration, you can watch this video from the bedding company Piglet in Bed below:

Second method: The 'Tie Method'

This one was recommended by Lifehacker Editor Beth Skwarecki and can only be used if your duvet cover has ties at each corner.

Don’t have ties? Don’t worry—just turn the cover inside out and sew on two pieces of ribbon on each of the four corners.

Here’s how this method works: Spread your duvet on the bed, then turn the cover inside out and lay down on top of the duvet.

Now, you’re ready to tie each corner with the ties or ribbons.

After which, turn the entire thing right side out, and you’re done!

If you experience any lumps or bumps, just pick up the duvet by one end and give it a good shake—the duvet should flatten out and get snug inside the cover.

We know it can be quite challenging to visualise, but luckily, you can watch this simple demonstration video to get an idea of how this method works below:

Now, if you’re also feeling a bit frustrated about folding your fitted sheets… We’ve got the solution for you!

Folding sheets can be physically demanding, especially for those with mobility issues or arthritis. The process requires a lot of bending, stretching, and tugging, which can strain the body.

But did you know there is an easier way of folding fitted sheets for storage?

Dubbed the 'Folding Queen' on social media, a woman named Lennia has cracked the code for folding fitted sheets like a pro. And it's not just about making them look nice and neat, it's also about saving you time, space and, of course, your sanity.

You can read more about this trick here!
Key Takeaways

• Putting a duvet cover on can be difficult, but there are two, more straightforward methods to make the process easier.
  • The 'Burrito Method' involves turning your duvet cover inside out, placing the duvet on top of it, rolling the two together, and then wrapping the open end of the duvet cover around the roll.
  • The 'Tie Method' requires a duvet cover with ties at each corner inside. You turn the cover inside out, tie the corners of the duvet and cover together, and then turn it right side out.
  • If your duvet cover doesn't have ties, you can sew them in yourself using pieces of ribbon.
  • If followed correctly, both methods result in a smoothly placed duvet within its cover.
Sharing is caring, dear members—if you have other tips and tricks on how to put your duvet covers easily, share them with us in the comments below! We’d love to hear them!

Brilliant!!

Some people don't even bother making the bed let alone keeping their house tidy. The way they figure it, is if your house is in a mess only you know where everything is and a would be thief doesn't want to go through all your junk to find something to steal :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Quenton Crisp is on record (paraphrasing)

“I found if after 12 months of not dusting, the dust doesn't doesn't get any worse.”​

There are also clips you can buy to clip through the doona and the cover on the corners to help. Just match the doona corners inside the cover and clip - give it a shake and it's all good

Reactions: Gsr
Try that with a queen or king sized doona. You need two people to do this. Even with a double, I still need to go constantly from one side to the other to have an even roll.

Reactions: Cyberchook
My "fun" way - hold the doona corners in each hand and stand up, have the wife throw the cover over me holding the top corners. I pass the doona corners to her and she holds on to them both whilst the doona cover falls to the floor with me inside the cover. I squat and exit the cover putting the other two corners in place, then zip up.

I'm the same in my workshop, I learnt off my old man. 😉😎😉

I have tried the roll over method, and it does work.
But now I have a beautiful bedspread which I take off at night.
Then we are just left with the white doona.
I have two which clip together. A light weight one for Summer,
and a mediumweight for Autumn and Spring.
In winter the two clip together for the ideal cooler nights.
Not sure if you can still buy these but worth the cost.

I just grab the two bottom corners of the cover( on the closed end), push my hands up to the top of the cover through the inside, grab two corners of the doona, pull my hands holding the cover and doona back to the bottom and give it all a good shake to get the doona into place inside the cover. I do this even with a queen size doona by myself without a problem.

I just grab the two bottom corners of the cover( on the closed end), push my hands up to the top of the cover through the inside, grab two corners of the doona, pull my hands holding the cover and doona back to the bottom and give it all a good shake to get the doona into place inside the cover. I do this even with a queen size doona by myself without a problem.
Yep. I've been doing it this way for years.
Works every time, and I don't need help. When I get to stage I cannot do the task on my own, I probably won't care how it is done or by whom.

Reactions: TheBear and Leenie
Yep. I've been doing it this way for years.
Works every time, and I don't need help. When I get to stage I cannot do the task on my own, I probably won't care how it is done or by whom.
Neither will I care once I can no longer do it.

Reactions: Leenie
My "fun" way - hold the doona corners in each hand and stand up, have the wife throw the cover over me holding the top corners. I pass the doona corners to her and she holds on to them both whilst the doona cover falls to the floor with me inside the cover. I squat and exit the cover putting the other two corners in place, then zip up.
That is true togetherness!