Are you overlooking cleaning these five spots in your home?

When was the last time you gave your home a deep clean? If it's been a while, it might be time to grab your scrubbing supplies and really make those forgotten corners of your house sparkle.

But where should you start? Which areas often get overlooked?

If you're just about ready to give up and leave everything to the professionals, we here at the SDC have got your back.

Thanks to cleaning expert Caroline Solomon, we've discovered the five places that most people forget to scrub—and we have tips on how to do it like a pro!

Screen Shot 2023-07-14 at 2.45.29 PM.png
A cleaning expert has revealed the five places that attract the most germs that most homeowners forget to clean. Credit: Shutterstock.

According to the cleaning coach, many of us are guilty of skipping over the light switches, door frames, the tops of appliances, showerheads, and rugs. These are all areas that can harbour dust, dirt, mould and germs, and if you're anything like us, could potentially leave you feeling quite queasy.

'Five places that you're probably forgetting to clean in your home, number one, your light switches,' shared Caroline in her viral video. In the footage, she suggested using an all-purpose cleaner to get these sparkling.

Another area that's often ignored in the cleaning process is above the door. Caroline shared that a good duster should get rid of the dust that collects there pretty easily.

'Number three, underneath your appliances', she continued. 'Vacuum away crumbs with the tiny nozzle.'

Caroline then moved on to the bathroom and suggested giving the shower head a 'good scrub' with diluted vinegar. Don't know how? Feel free to check out this article for some tips!

And lastly, she advised using a broom and dustpan to get rid of dirt and dust from underneath rugs.

'Clean everything at least once a month,' she said at the end of her video.

Reactions to Caroline's video were mixed, with many admitting they'd potentially been skimping on these areas a bit too much, while others claimed they had been scrubbing them without fail.

One person wrote: 'I mean I'm not "forgetting"...just putting it off forever.'

Another user commented: 'Nope, I do all the above once a week. I'm a clean freak. I thought everyone cleaned those areas regularly.'

Key Takeaways

• Caroline Solomon, a cleaning expert based abroad, revealed the five often-forgotten areas of the home to clean.
  • The list included light switches, areas under appliances, shower heads, under rugs, and above doors.
  • Solomon suggested using a cleaning regimen that targets these areas and doing them at least once a month.
  • Viewers admitted that they often neglect these areas, while some said they clean these spots regularly.

So, members, what do you think? Are there any areas of your home that you've been forgetting to give a bit of TLC? Have you been regularly cleaning the five spots Caroline suggested?

We'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences with home cleaning—let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
When was the last time you gave your home a deep clean? If it's been a while, it might be time to grab your scrubbing supplies and really make those forgotten corners of your house sparkle.

But where should you start? Which areas often get overlooked?

If you're just about ready to give up and leave everything to the professionals, we here at the SDC have got your back.

Thanks to cleaning expert Caroline Solomon, we've discovered the five places that most people forget to scrub—and we have tips on how to do it like a pro!

View attachment 25153
A cleaning expert has revealed the five places that attract the most germs that most homeowners forget to clean. Credit: Shutterstock.

According to the cleaning coach, many of us are guilty of skipping over the light switches, door frames, the tops of appliances, showerheads, and rugs. These are all areas that can harbour dust, dirt, mould and germs, and if you're anything like us, could potentially leave you feeling quite queasy.

'Five places that you're probably forgetting to clean in your home, number one, your light switches,' shared Caroline in her viral video. In the footage, she suggested using an all-purpose cleaner to get these sparkling.

Another area that's often ignored in the cleaning process is above the door. Caroline shared that a good duster should get rid of the dust that collects there pretty easily.

'Number three, underneath your appliances', she continued. 'Vacuum away crumbs with the tiny nozzle.'

Caroline then moved on to the bathroom and suggested giving the shower head a 'good scrub' with diluted vinegar. Don't know how? Feel free to check out this article for some tips!

And lastly, she advised using a broom and dustpan to get rid of dirt and dust from underneath rugs.

'Clean everything at least once a month,' she said at the end of her video.

Reactions to Caroline's video were mixed, with many admitting they'd potentially been skimping on these areas a bit too much, while others claimed they had been scrubbing them without fail.

One person wrote: 'I mean I'm not "forgetting"...just putting it off forever.'

Another user commented: 'Nope, I do all the above once a week. I'm a clean freak. I thought everyone cleaned those areas regularly.'

Key Takeaways

• Caroline Solomon, a cleaning expert based abroad, revealed the five often-forgotten areas of the home to clean.
  • The list included light switches, areas under appliances, shower heads, under rugs, and above doors.
  • Solomon suggested using a cleaning regimen that targets these areas and doing them at least once a month.
  • Viewers admitted that they often neglect these areas, while some said they clean these spots regularly.

So, members, what do you think? Are there any areas of your home that you've been forgetting to give a bit of TLC? Have you been regularly cleaning the five spots Caroline suggested?

We'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences with home cleaning—let us know in the comments below!
I do all that every fortnight, light switches done weekly, window ledges done weekly & under the toaster I have teatowel & tray & empty the crumbs every couple of days & the old tin plate under the jug.