Are you eating your two-minute noodles wrong? Aussie sparks debate with pet peeve

Two-minute noodles are the ultimate pantry staple when you need a quick, easy, cheap meal-–ideal for when you’re short on time and money.

It’s the best of both worlds, but it turns out that when it comes to making them, how you eat them is just as important as how you make them.

But one social media personality shared her way of cooking two-minute noodles—to which several people reacted!

In her video online, Abbey O’Hagan, from Brisbane, explained her noodle-cooking method.

‘So when I make two-minute noodles, I just do it the way that it says it on here,’ Abbey said.

photo (1).jpg
Abbey O’Hagan shared on social media how she prepares her instant noodles. Credit: @abbey_ohagan / TikTok

‘I will boil the kettle, put in the hot water, put all the stuff in beforehand, cover it and let it cook, marinate.’

She mentioned a step that she couldn’t seem to understand.

'Now the thing that gets me is that so many people...I don’t know if this could just be me…(once the noodles are cooked), people drain all of the water out,' she said.

'To me, that is like borderline psychopathic because the water with all the goodness is the best part. ‘

‘But then some people also put in the seasoning after (draining), and they don’t have that beautiful broth water.’

‘I don’t know, it keeps me up at night.'

According to noodle brand Maggi’s cooking instructions (printed on the packet), two-minute noodles can be 'served with or without broth as desired'.

Abbey’s video gained more than 165,000 times, and it turns out that many viewers agreed with Abbey on this one.

'Drain water, then add flavours, hits different. Flavour is stronger, not watered down,' one commented.

'Chicken MUST have the water left in that’s ELITE. Beef must be drained, then seasoning added and mixed with a touch of water,' another shared.

'I do hot water, let it sit, drain a little water, then add the flavouring. So much tastier,' someone else detailed.

One added, 'Legit. I’m eating the noodles for the broth, it’s the best part.'

Another said, ‘Finally, someone said it!! The broth is literally the best part that’s why I’m eating the noodles.’

Watch Abbey’s video below:

Members, be sure to consume instant noodles in moderation! Doctors have warned of the potential dangers associated with instant noodles following an uptick in hospitalisations.

Key Takeaways
  • Abbey O’Hagan shared one way to prepare two-minute noodles she can’t stand on social media.
  • In her viral video, she argued against draining the water from noodles, saying it removes all the flavourful broth.
  • According to the noodle brand Maggi, the two-minute noodles can be served with or without broth based on personal preference.
  • Her video has been viewed over 165,000 times and prompted many others to share their styles of preparing the noodles.

What do you think of this story? Do you agree with Abbey’s way of eating two-minute noodles? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

Sponsored
Two-minute noodles are the ultimate pantry staple when you need a quick, easy, cheap meal-–ideal for when you’re short on time and money.

It’s the best of both worlds, but it turns out that when it comes to making them, how you eat them is just as important as how you make them.

But one social media personality shared her way of cooking two-minute noodles—to which several people reacted!

In her video online, Abbey O’Hagan, from Brisbane, explained her noodle-cooking method.

‘So when I make two-minute noodles, I just do it the way that it says it on here,’ Abbey said.

View attachment 34713
Abbey O’Hagan shared on social media how she prepares her instant noodles. Credit: @abbey_ohagan / TikTok

‘I will boil the kettle, put in the hot water, put all the stuff in beforehand, cover it and let it cook, marinate.’

'Now the thing that gets me is that so many people...I don’t know if this could just be me…(once the noodles are cooked), people drain all of the water out,' she said.

'To me, that is like borderline psychopathic because the water with all the goodness is the best part. ‘

‘But then some people also put in the seasoning after (draining), and they don’t have that beautiful broth water.’

According to noodle brand Maggi’s cooking instructions (printed on the packet), two-minute noodles can be 'served with or without broth as desired'.

Abbey’s video gained more than 165,000 times, and it turns out that many viewers agreed with Abbey on this one.

'Drain water, then add flavours, hits different. Flavour is stronger, not watered down,' one commented.

'Chicken MUST have the water left in that’s ELITE. Beef must be drained, then seasoning added and mixed with a touch of water,' another shared.

'I do hot water, let it sit, drain a little water, then add the flavouring. So much tastier,' someone else detailed.

Another said, ‘Finally, someone said it!! The broth is literally the best part that’s why I’m eating the noodles.’

Members, be sure to consume instant noodles in moderation! Doctors have warned of the potential dangers associated with instant noodles following an uptick in hospitalisations.

Key Takeaways

• Abbey O’Hagan shared one way to prepare two-minute noodles she can’t stand on social media.
  • In her viral video, she argued against draining the water from noodles, saying it removes all the flavourful broth.
  • According to the noodle brand Maggi, the two-minute noodles can be served with or without broth based on personal preference.
  • Her video has been viewed over 165,000 times and prompted many others to share their styles of preparing the noodles.

What do you think of this story? Do you agree with Abbey’s way of eating two-minute noodles? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

My son, and several of my grandchildren (ages between 10 - 5) eat this stuff (I don't) And they all do it the packet/Abby way. Sometimes they also drink the broth, sometimes they don't

View attachment 34713

Key Takeaways

Soupy noodles are a no-no for me. I add just enough water for the noodles to soak it all up. Full flavour, less mess.

I break the noodles up and only leave a little bit in the cup before putting the water in, throwing away at least two thirds of the dry noodles. I only like the broth and only eat a little bit of the already small amount of noodles.

Reactions: Sharon55

View attachment 34713

Key Takeaways

🤣🤣🤣🤣stupid post who f.....n cares.

• Haha
Reactions: magpie1

View attachment 34713

Key Takeaways

Eat them the Chinese way, shovel them in?.

View attachment 34713

Key Takeaways

The hardest flavour to get - CHICKEN - why? because it is the absolute BEST. (forget Beef - yuck! and leave the rest on the supermarket shelf with the Beef).
Boil jug, let it wait a minute to go just off boil point. Have noodle cup ready with the FLAVOR sachet in it only the lid 3/4 open-- toss that dried shrivelled up dregs they call vege in the bin.
Fill the cup to that rim near the top and stir the noodles and flavor into the water close the lid and put something flat but heavy enough to keep the lid sealed on it. wait the cook time. Open, stir and eat the noodles when done pour out remaining water and recycle the container after a quick rinse.

View attachment 34713

Key Takeaways

Lets face it. 2 minute noodles, the little pack of `flavour` is full of chemicals. Not the most healthiest choice.

View attachment 34713

Key Takeaways

I never put the amount of water they say it ends up too watery and I do mine in microwave,but does it matter stupid artical

Reactions: Littleboy8
When the kids were younger and at home I used to make noodle pancakes. I think I must have spent what seemed like zillions of hours in the kitchen making them for the kids. Then when my eldest daughter had kids she made them once for them. Well I got roused at for giving the noodle pancake recipe to her as her kids wanted her to make them all the time. I just laughed and said welcome to my world. I never ate 2 minute noodles myself as I thought they were yuk

View attachment 34713

Key Takeaways

There is no goodness in these Products at all , hollow Calorirs ,there are many Microscopic unidentified Foreign Red Particles though, and tons of Chemicals and Salt

The hardest flavour to get - CHICKEN - why? because it is the absolute BEST. (forget Beef - yuck! and leave the rest on the supermarket shelf with the Beef).
Boil jug, let it wait a minute to go just off boil point. Have noodle cup ready with the FLAVOR sachet in it only the lid 3/4 open-- toss that dried shrivelled up dregs they call vege in the bin.
Fill the cup to that rim near the top and stir the noodles and flavor into the water close the lid and put something flat but heavy enough to keep the lid sealed on it. wait the cook time. Open, stir and eat the noodles when done pour out remaining water and recycle the container after a quick rinse.
They way it should be except that the container is not recyclable.

Oh dear, a first world problem in the 21st century! I'm sure there are far more important topics, real topics that would be of far more interest than 2 minute noodles. Now let's move on shall we.
You were interested enough to read and reply 😉

You should see the Red stringy Contaminants in those Noodles seen under a Microscope ,they have no nutritional value hollow Calories, also high in Sodium and Preservatives ,rubbish ultraprocessed food

You should see the Red stringy Contaminants in those Noodles seen under a Microscope ,they have no nutritional value hollow Calories, also high in Sodium and Preservatives ,rubbish ultraprocessed food
But yum