April’s Lazy Day Baked Pancakes

If you’re like me, something sweet and indulgent really starts my day on the right foot. I often find myself thinking of pancakes but can’t justify the price at a cafe, and I’m not often willing to stand over the stove for an hour pan-frying them. If this sounds familiar, I have the perfect solution: oven-baked pancakes. These are SO simple, easy, and cheap (all three of which are important to me in the kitchen).

So, if you are looking for a new breakfast option, are sick of spending hours on pancakes or simply love sweets, read on!

photo (20) (1).jpg
Baked pancakes served with fresh strawberries and maple syrup (left) & baked pancakes straight from the pan (right). Image Credit: SDC/April

INGREDIENTS
  • Pancake & Pikelet Mix 300g - I used the cheap option from Woolworths for $1.2, but it looks like Coles offers the same thing too.
  • 2.5 cups of milk (625ml) - you can easily substitute in your favourite milk, for example, I used oat
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 punnet of sliced strawberries (can add more or less depending on preference)
  • Handful of choc chips (or pour until your heart is happy)
  • For serving, butter and maple syrup (optional)

INSTRUCTIONS​

The best part of this is that you’re simply following the packet instructions on the pancake mix.

1. Preheat your oven to 160 degrees fan-forced.
  2. Add pancake mix, milk and the egg to a bowl.
  3. Whisk or beat the ingredients until combined
  4. Fold in most of your strawberries (save a few pieces for serving) and your choc chips
  5. Line a baking tray or pan with baking paper or grease it. You want something large enough that the batter can spread out. If it’s too small, you will end up with a strange cake.
  6. Bake for about around 20 minutes, It’s best to keep checking the oven until they are a nice golden brown or a skewer/knife inserted comes out clean.
  7. Allow to cool slightly and cut.
  8. Serve and enjoy!

This probably tastes delicious with other berries, too, but strawberries are the most affordable for me right now. If you try something different, please let me know how it goes!

So, what do you think? Would you ever try baked pancakes?

Sponsored