Apple Sponge Pudding

Winter is my favourite time for baking and I live the smell of the house with an apple pie ir cake cooking

This recipe I'm sharing is so delicious 😋 and so easy
I serve it with either ice cream, custard or fresh whipped cream
  • Prep 15m
  • Cook 30m
  • Serves 6
apple-sponge-pudding-2869-1.jpeg
Recipe by Taste

Ingredients
  • 6 Granny Smith apples
  • 1/2 cup caster sugar
  • 2 tbsp water
  • 2 eggs, at room temperature
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1/2 cup self-raising flour
  • 1/2 tsp mixed spice icing sugar, to serve
  • Ice-cream, to serve
  • Whipped cream, to serve

Method
Step 1
Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Lightly grease a 5-cup capacity ovenproof

Step 2
Peel, core and chop apples. Place in a saucepan with 1/4 cup sugar and water. Cook, partially covered, over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes or until apple is tender. Drain excess liquid. Spoon apple into prepared dish. Cover to keep warm

Step 3
Using an electric mixer, beat eggs until light and fluffy. Add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until thick and creamy. Stir in vanilla.

Step 4
Sift flour and mixed spice over batter. Using a metal spoon, fold through batter. Pour over hot stewed apple.

Step 5
Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the sponge comes out clean. Dust with icing sugar. Serve pudding hot with ice-creamcream,custard or cream.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
If your in a hurry with surprise visitors for a meal, using bottled or drained tinned fruit and topping with a pkt of vanilla cake mix is quick and easy way to serve this long loved pudding.

Reactions: Reaper123
If your in a hurry with surprise visitors for a meal, using bottled or drained tinned fruit and topping with a pkt of vanilla cake mix is quick and easy way to serve this long loved pudding.
Yes, I do this in my slow cooker. Large tin Apples, flavourings, spices, sprinkle a vanilla cake mix over the top, and top with dotted butter. When putting lid on, lay a tea towel across slow cooker, THEN put the lid on. This stops water ( condensation) from dripping back into apple pudding. I cook for 2.5 hrs on low.