Another top Qantas executive just quit

Qantas just can't seem to catch a break lately.

The embattled national carrier has faced another high-profile resignation as Olivia Wirth, the CEO of Qantas Loyalty, announced she would be leaving the airline in February to 'pursue other opportunities' after five years in the role.

Wirth was responsible for the airline's popular Frequent Flyer program. Her departure follows a string of other sudden exits by top executives, leaving Qantas in turmoil.

Just last week, Chairman Richard Goyder confirmed he would also step down amid ongoing operational issues and heavy criticism from investors.

Meanwhile, former CEO Alan Joyce's turbulent reign ended earlier this year.

Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 10.39.23 AM.png
Chief Executive of Qantas's loyalty business Olivia Wirth has announced she will be leaving the company. Credit: Karryon.

Wirth has dedicated 14 years of her career at Qantas, during which she held pivotal roles. Since 2018, she has been the Chief Executive of Qantas Loyalty, overseeing the Frequent Flyer program.

Preceding this role, she held significant positions, including Chief Customer Officer and Group Executive for Brand, Marketing, and Corporate Affairs.

Wirth expressed her gratitude for the significant role Qantas played in her career and the opportunities it provided her throughout the years.

'At its core, Qantas is an incredible company and brand, and I've loved being part of it,' she said.

'I'm extremely proud of what the team at Loyalty has achieved, and I'm looking forward to delivering more improvements for members before I leave.'

This news follows Myer's recent announcement that Wirth was nominated to join its board of directors. If Wirth is elected, she will be joining the company during a period of strong emphasis on expanding its customer loyalty business.

Qantas has also named Catherine Walsh as their first Chief People Officer, a newly established role within the company. Catherine Walsh comes from PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), which has also recently faced some challenges.

In her new position, Walsh will report directly to Qantas' Chief, Vanessa Hudson.

The creation of this role, which was announced in June, is said to be aimed at prioritising the perspectives and concerns of the company's employees, making sure their voices are at the forefront of the leadership team's decision-making process.

'Ultimately, building a stronger culture and better relationships with our people is one of my highest priorities and a shared responsibility across management,' said Hudson.

Key Takeaways

• Olivia Wirth, Qantas Loyalty Chief Executive, has resigned from her position to leave the airline in February next year.
  • This news comes after a recent announcement that Wirth had been appointed to Myer's board of directors.
  • Her resignation follows a rough week for Qantas, with Chairman Richard Goyder announcing he will also depart the airline's board next year.
  • The airline has appointed Catherine Walsh as the new Chief People Officer.

Needless to say, there's a lot going on at the moment with Qantas' leadership team. Let's just hope these changes bring positive news to Aussie flyers and travellers!

Members, have you noticed a change in Qantas' service lately? Share your experiences flying with the airline by leaving a comment below.

• Haha
Reactions: Ezzy and Shane/#
Sponsored
Rats leaving a sinking ship? Qantas lost my custom years ago when they stopped allowing me knee-room between the seats.

Chief People Person? Ha!

Reactions: Ezzy
Qantas just can't seem to catch a break lately.

The embattled national carrier has faced another high-profile resignation as Olivia Wirth, the CEO of Qantas Loyalty, announced she would be leaving the airline in February to 'pursue other opportunities' after five years in the role.

Wirth was responsible for the airline's popular Frequent Flyer program. Her departure follows a string of other sudden exits by top executives, leaving Qantas in turmoil.

Just last week, Chairman Richard Goyder confirmed he would also step down amid ongoing operational issues and heavy criticism from investors.

Meanwhile, former CEO Alan Joyce's turbulent reign ended earlier this year.

View attachment 32423
Chief Executive of Qantas's loyalty business Olivia Wirth has announced she will be leaving the company. Credit: Karryon.

Wirth has dedicated 14 years of her career at Qantas, during which she held pivotal roles. Since 2018, she has been the Chief Executive of Qantas Loyalty, overseeing the Frequent Flyer program.

Preceding this role, she held significant positions, including Chief Customer Officer and Group Executive for Brand, Marketing, and Corporate Affairs.

Wirth expressed her gratitude for the significant role Qantas played in her career and the opportunities it provided her throughout the years.

'At its core, Qantas is an incredible company and brand, and I've loved being part of it,' she said.

'I'm extremely proud of what the team at Loyalty has achieved, and I'm looking forward to delivering more improvements for members before I leave.'

This news follows Myer's recent announcement that Wirth was nominated to join its board of directors. If Wirth is elected, she will be joining the company during a period of strong emphasis on expanding its customer loyalty business.

Qantas has also named Catherine Walsh as their first Chief People Officer, a newly established role within the company. Catherine Walsh comes from PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), which has also recently faced some challenges.

In her new position, Walsh will report directly to Qantas' Chief, Vanessa Hudson.

The creation of this role, which was announced in June, is said to be aimed at prioritising the perspectives and concerns of the company's employees, making sure their voices are at the forefront of the leadership team's decision-making process.

'Ultimately, building a stronger culture and better relationships with our people is one of my highest priorities and a shared responsibility across management,' said Hudson.

Key Takeaways

• Olivia Wirth, Qantas Loyalty Chief Executive, has resigned from her position to leave the airline in February next year.
  • This news comes after a recent announcement that Wirth had been appointed to Myer's board of directors.
  • Her resignation follows a rough week for Qantas, with Chairman Richard Goyder announcing he will also depart the airline's board next year.
  • The airline has appointed Catherine Walsh as the new Chief People Officer.

Needless to say, there's a lot going on at the moment with Qantas' leadership team. Let's just hope these changes bring positive news to Aussie flyers and travellers!

Members, have you noticed a change in Qantas' service lately? Share your experiences flying with the airline by leaving a comment below.
The Rats 🐀 are abandoning the sinking ship before they get hauled before any inquiries thieving bastards 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Reactions: Ezzy and Rob44