SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
M

Maddison Dwyer

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 20, 2021
Another myGov scam...

Hi members,

Another myGov scam that we have been alerted of. Sadly, I think this text message is fairly convincing because they have spelt 'myGov' correctly. However, please remember myGov will NEVER text you something like this, and would never direct you to a link let alone a link that doesn't end in .com.au...

Please watch out for this text message, members! And if it does pop up on your phone, just delete it.

A big thanks to member Giovannivirgo for sharing this image with us!

unnamed.jpg

Hi there
Just wanted everyone to know I received the same message about a week ago. I got in touch with the ATO fraud section and their took all the info time, date and what the message said. They told me it was a scam and asked me if I opened it(no, I didnt). ATO were going to pass all the info to ACCC. Everyday there is a new scam . So please be virulent.

Hi there
Just wanted everyone to know I received the same message about a week ago. I got in touch with the ATO fraud section and their took all the info time, date and what the message said. They told me it was a scam and asked me if I opened it(no, I didnt). ATO were going to pass all the info to ACCC. Everyday there is a new scam . So please be virulent.
Please, there is no way I'd ever want to be "virulent"

Another one arrived in my box today, headed "Take Action (Mygov)" as follows:
_______________________________________________________________________________________
myGov has sent you an important notification that needs your immediate attention. Please take a moment to review the message and complete the security authentication as soon as you log into your account by clicking the link below to finish your account verification.
my.gov.au

. Getting help after a natural disaster
If you've been affected by a natural disaster, there's support and services to help you.

. Impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19)
Find out what support is available when you're impacted by COVID-19.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

The return email address is "Support@myGov <[email protected]>

Note the poor expression and inconsistent spelling of myGov.

This is another scam, trying to get people to put in their account details. Delete it.

• Angry
Reactions: burlighs and Liz
Hi there
Thanks Chrissy It does not matter that you got a word wrong, We all know what you meant and thanks for reporting this scam to ACCC

Another myGov scam...

Hi members,

Another myGov scam that we have been alerted of. Sadly, I think this text message is fairly convincing because they have spelt 'myGov' correctly. However, please remember myGov will NEVER text you something like this, and would never direct you to a link let alone a link that doesn't end in .com.au...

Please watch out for this text message, members! And if it does pop up on your phone, just delete it.

A big thanks to member Giovannivirgo for sharing this image with us!

You'd love to be able to send these mongrels a virus and totally stuff up their software and hardware. Possibly steal from them 😤

Hi there
I am sorry to point out you have used the wrong word virulent is the word used for symptoms like 'flu. Vigelent is the word you were meaning. I use a free application called Grammarly which likes to correct your spelling & grammar. Sorry to be picky but words are very important to me.

I am sorry to point out you have used the wrong word virulent is the word used for symptoms like 'flu. Vigelent is the word you were meaning. I use a free application called Grammarly which likes to correct your spelling & grammar. Sorry to be picky but words are very important to me.
Perhaps you may find the correct word would be vigilant?

I NEVER open emails purporting to be from myGov. Have seen a couple from 'myGov Team'. Straight to the recycle bin. Easy to spot that it is a scam. We need to be ULTRA VIGILANT these days!

Talking of scams nearly got caught with a bank scam the other day went straight to the bank to let them know and they where very helpful and managed to put wrong matters right. You really can't be too careful.

a

Whoops, spelling is also important, it is spelt vigilant.

Anything from My Gov, Centerlink ect if i get a msg i go straight to the site and double check, never click on their links.......

I, too, am sorry to point out, Nana, that that you spelt "vigilant" incorrectly

Hi there
Hahaha! “So please be virulent” Is that meant to be a pun? Or did you mean “vigilant”?

Hi there
I see more people correcting your spelling. Take no notice Chrissy and thanks for posting this scam and reporting it.

Hi there
vigilant maybe, virulent = poison