SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
M

Maddison Dwyer

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 20, 2021
Another myGov scam that could end up in your email inbox

Hey members,

I just want to start off with saying thank you to all the members who have emailed us any scams they have received. It is so disheartening to see how many are out there, but I just think the more we educate each other on the scams we are coming across the better, because if we know what scams to look out for then we aren't going to fall for them!

This scam was sent in by member Toni A. It's concerning because it does look like it's coming from myGov because they have spelt it correctly, they've mentioned Medicare etc. Just remember, when you get anything like this the best thing you can do is NOT click on the email. Instead, go straight to your myGov and see if there is any messages waiting for you in there. The likely outcome will be that there is no message waiting for you in myGov because this is a total scam...

As always, please let us know if you've come across any other scams!

Keep an eye out, members!

1.png

Funny that! my husband and I were trying to get him registered, and after too many attempts, we gave up. It seems going around in circles is pandemic on certain websites. Technology sucks when government tell you its a must, and you cannot get anywhere, We are physically going to Centrelink to sort it out. Scammers are stealing our precious oxygen.

I got a scam on My Gov lucky my Norton Security spotted it and sent me
a phone message it was on Tax I havent had tax for years so knew it was a scam
just be careful ,delete suspicious messages on your mobiles n other accounts

And here on tv, i seen an ad for the update on mygov, i aint doing it, if they want me they can send me a letter, just like the old days, if the want, they can send me smoke signal, but i won't be able to read it. Lol

Hey members,

I just want to start off with saying thank you to all the members who have emailed us any scams they have received. It is so disheartening to see how many are out there, but I just think the more we educate each other on the scams we are coming across the better, because if we know what scams to look out for then we aren't going to fall for them!

This scam was sent in by member Toni A. It's concerning because it does look like it's coming from myGov because they have spelt it correctly, they've mentioned Medicare etc. Just remember, when you get anything like this the best thing you can do is NOT click on the email. Instead, go straight to your myGov and see if there is any messages waiting for you in there. The likely outcome will be that there is no message waiting for you in myGov because this is a total scam...

If you're on a laptop/computer when you get these. Hover your mouse over the words "click here", or whatever link there is on the message, and you'll see there's some strange link that's got nothing to do with the subject.

Funny that! my husband and I were trying to get him registered, and after too many attempts, we gave up. It seems going around in circles is pandemic on certain websites. Technology sucks when government tell you its a must, and you cannot get anywhere, We are physically going to Centrelink to sort it out. Scammers are stealing our precious oxygen.
Agreed, their system was pretty poor (/_\)

Hey members,

Yes, I got this one and shared the warning on Facebook

Reactions: robbie's

Hey members,

This is not good. Again another Scam. I hope I am not caught up in this. It was bad enough with Optus and Medibank!!!!

Hey members,

Never happens to me? all I get, is some get bastard telling me I owe them money.

Thanks for sharing this important information about the myGov scam and for emphasizing the importance of staying vigilant. Scammers are always coming up with new ways to trick people, but by educating ourselves and sharing our experiences, we can help protect each other. If you're looking to enhance your online security even further, you might want to try to Buy Email Accounts. They can provide additional layers of protection and features to keep your personal information secure. You can find more information and options at accsmaster.com. Remember, when it comes to suspicious emails, it's always best to exercise caution and avoid clicking on any links.

Last edited:
Reactions: robbie's