An odd detail on Bunnings’ aprons leaves shoppers puzzled – mystery solved!

We’ve all seen Bunnings’ employees rocking their infamous aprons but have you ever noticed the peculiar detail on them? Hundreds of shoppers found themselves in a heated debate about the real purpose of the apron’s front pocket. Can you guess what they are for?

The saga began after TikTok user Luke Donkin shared a cheeky skit, pretending to be an employee of the retail giant. He captioned the clip ‘Bunnings employee of the month’, where he questioned the proper use of the clear pockets situated at the front of the bottle green apron.

o6E9uhbj_T7e4H_H2oHPQYIHZ7DhtvxorcQbcJPCW7XzhTpB4B1qjEVImELctsvCZTz3syVEHYTvPrJ4vNe67B3gmRQilrjJ947HN4RpUcXA09iU7-lw_Jnws-F0yy0STFWNrVRKv5dgPm5fIWiuLuk
bYJG9fpWcgh7gyR2CVhMhW1oo9GVidDfNsJzhgPf_3xe3R2yqZdlKirFcAenS5p_tbELWbSoWw1NjY32RoGjoukksY2EtFV_tm5tKw0WzbqvoGgDYYK6dKNtIlvP2tflMKY3o-qk2MP3pJpDIitx5o4

Australian comedian questioned the proper purpose of the clear pockets. Source: @lukedonkin

‘I honestly have no idea what this pocket is for,’ he can be heard saying in the video. ‘I’ve always wanted to keep trail mix in them and just eat it throughout the day… But I’d probably get in trouble.’

Several viewers were quick to share different guesses, with most arguing that it was to display a name badge.

[Warning: The video below contains strong language. If this makes you uncomfortable, we highly recommend you skip watching the video altogether.]

Source: @lukedonkin

‘It’s for a name badge!’ one user said. ‘But the trail mix thing is a great idea.’

‘It has to be for the name badge, right?’ asked another. ‘I can’t think of any other use.’

But the mystery has officially been solved after another TikTok user, who is a real Bunnings worker, debunked the theories made.

‘Okay TikTok, here is what the Bunnings pouch is really for,’ she said.

‘Name badge? Yes, but we have a notepad for every store.’

In the video, the worker can be seen removing a green Bunnings notepad from a ‘secret’ compartment that sits behind the first one, splitting the pocket into two.

flW1uE2fAqM0yVBLgGAmbgz7ymA7rnfWMER9k1tWkZ5iT20tOumRCcwhChfPTZF5Gm_whtX_iwr3_JsWzjpe49Ty9HVAZHjTe0OQGOVyyzxWEYU4H9fmGuUdXyLQyQYYDnSNB3fELYFFjd17VrswHyU
KPuP2MUfsqlAYX21KaGOlKflNTZ-KK1y5I0ntj3p0DTGy7ZhM2OlAnqqs8zKdgOGlvgBsQyj3xg28rf6Ld4qKZZxecxlFGRBCGVoBHTPpgMzA90a8pY19ymjMUhr6R1vK5uwKUfQCN98Y5ZW6M4b7Uc

A real Bunnings worker solved the mystery. Source: news.com.au

A comment then added another layer to the mystery, as the user, who claimed to also work at Bunnings, said that their apron actually had three pockets.

A spokesperson for Bunnings Warehouse confirmed that the pocket can be used for multiple purposes, saying: ‘We can confirm that the clear pocket is used for name tags,’

‘But some team members also keep notepads in there as well.’

Did you also suspect that it was for name tags? What are your thoughts on Bunnings’ apron fiasco? Share them with us in the comments!

• Wow
Reactions: Ezzy, Ricci and BJM
Sponsored
Having worked at Bunnings for 3 years in the past, I can say that every wearer should know what it's for as everyone has been through the initial training videos. It's a clear pocket for a name tag and a pocket behind for whatever you can fit in there (not much). All the staff should know that it's to allow a customer (and other staff who don't all know each other) to see who is helping them. If they don't like your service they can report you to management, or better still, they can write to management (there's a form at the door) to compliment your for your assistance. Many of the badges you see the staff wearing are given because of compliments (I got one and was very surprised)

We’ve all seen Bunnings’ employees rocking their infamous aprons but have you ever noticed the peculiar detail on them? Hundreds of shoppers found themselves in a heated debate about the real purpose of the apron’s front pocket. Can you guess what they are for?

The saga began after TikTok user Luke Donkin shared a cheeky skit, pretending to be an employee of the retail giant. He captioned the clip ‘Bunnings employee of the month’, where he questioned the proper use of the clear pockets situated at the front of the bottle green apron.

o6E9uhbj_T7e4H_H2oHPQYIHZ7DhtvxorcQbcJPCW7XzhTpB4B1qjEVImELctsvCZTz3syVEHYTvPrJ4vNe67B3gmRQilrjJ947HN4RpUcXA09iU7-lw_Jnws-F0yy0STFWNrVRKv5dgPm5fIWiuLuk
bYJG9fpWcgh7gyR2CVhMhW1oo9GVidDfNsJzhgPf_3xe3R2yqZdlKirFcAenS5p_tbELWbSoWw1NjY32RoGjoukksY2EtFV_tm5tKw0WzbqvoGgDYYK6dKNtIlvP2tflMKY3o-qk2MP3pJpDIitx5o4

Australian comedian questioned the proper purpose of the clear pockets. Source: @lukedonkin

‘I honestly have no idea what this pocket is for,’ he can be heard saying in the video. ‘I’ve always wanted to keep trail mix in them and just eat it throughout the day… But I’d probably get in trouble.’

Several viewers were quick to share different guesses, with most arguing that it was to display a name badge.

[Warning: The video below contains strong language. If this makes you uncomfortable, we highly recommend you skip watching the video altogether.]

‘It’s for a name badge!’ one user said. ‘But the trail mix thing is a great idea.’

‘It has to be for the name badge, right?’ asked another. ‘I can’t think of any other use.’

But the mystery has officially been solved after another TikTok user, who is a real Bunnings worker, debunked the theories made.

In the video, the worker can be seen removing a green Bunnings notepad from a ‘secret’ compartment that sits behind the first one, splitting the pocket into two.

flW1uE2fAqM0yVBLgGAmbgz7ymA7rnfWMER9k1tWkZ5iT20tOumRCcwhChfPTZF5Gm_whtX_iwr3_JsWzjpe49Ty9HVAZHjTe0OQGOVyyzxWEYU4H9fmGuUdXyLQyQYYDnSNB3fELYFFjd17VrswHyU
KPuP2MUfsqlAYX21KaGOlKflNTZ-KK1y5I0ntj3p0DTGy7ZhM2OlAnqqs8zKdgOGlvgBsQyj3xg28rf6Ld4qKZZxecxlFGRBCGVoBHTPpgMzA90a8pY19ymjMUhr6R1vK5uwKUfQCN98Y5ZW6M4b7Uc

A comment then added another layer to the mystery, as the user, who claimed to also work at Bunnings, said that their apron actually had three pockets.

A spokesperson for Bunnings Warehouse confirmed that the pocket can be used for multiple purposes, saying: ‘We can confirm that the clear pocket is used for name tags,’

Did you also suspect that it was for name tags? What are your thoughts on Bunnings’ apron fiasco? Share them with us in the comments!

What's so odd about a pocket in an apron. Get a life people

Having worked at Bunnings for 3 years in the past, I can say that every wearer should know what it's for as everyone has been through the initial training videos. It's a clear pocket for a name tag and a pocket behind for whatever you can fit in there (not much). All the staff should know that it's to allow a customer (and other staff who don't all know each other) to see who is helping them. If they don't like your service they can report you to management, or better still, they can write to management (there's a form at the door) to compliment your for your assistance. Many of the badges you see the staff wearing are given because of compliments (I got one and was very surprised)
I like the thinking

Reactions: Ricci

Employees at my local Bunnings store in W.A. carry their I.D. cards in here. Makes them easy to see & prevents the card from becoming damaged or dirty. Good idea I thought.

Reactions: Ricci