Amazing advice alert: Remove oil stains from clothes effortlessly using this unexpected beauty product!

Are you a messier eater than most? Whether it’s a quick breakfast, lunch, or dinner, we’ve all been caught in a situation where we’ve spilled something on our clothes, the worst culprit of all: oil. But don't fret, dear members of the Seniors Discount Club, because we have discovered a fantastic little secret that turns an unlikely beauty product into a powerful ally in the battle against oil stains. And it's something you might already have hiding in your bathroom cabinet: dry shampoo!

You read that correctly! The popular hair care product commonly used to absorb excess oil and give hair a fresh, clean appearance without washing has another lesser-known but equally valuable use: it can make oil stains disappear! A social media user, who goes by @imaanduh, shared this game-changing tip with her followers.

1683260113159.png
The before and after images are quite unbelievable. Image source: TikTok/@imaanduh.

In a video that has been viewed more than three million times, @imaanduh explains how she removed an oil stain from her shirt in no time with just a bottle of dry shampoo. She demonstrated the process by saying, 'Obviously I have an oil stain on my shirt. I was eating pasta'.

In the video, she then sprays the dry shampoo onto the offending stain, lets it sit for an hour, and then simply wipes it off with a cloth – leaving no trace of the stain behind! 'Dry shampoo is a hack,' she confirmed.

As you can imagine, members, this clever trick quickly went viral, with people in utter disbelief that the oil stain simply disappeared after applying dry shampoo to it.

One person commented, 'WHAT!!!!!!!! This is brilliant,' while another added their own hack by saying, 'Also, baby powder on oil stains works too!'

Now, if you don't happen to have a bottle of dry shampoo or baby powder nearby, there are other tried-and-tested home remedies for banishing oil stains. Most households will have dishwashing liquid on hand, and it happens to be one of the most popular and easily accessible ways to treat oil-stained clothes.

Key Takeaways
  • Social media personality @imaanduh has shared a quick trick for removing oil stains from clothes using dry shampoo.
  • @imaanduh demonstrated how she removed an oil stain from her shirt by spraying dry shampoo and letting it sit for an hour before swiping it off with a cloth.
  • The video has been viewed more than three million times and has received positive feedback.
  • Other oil stain removal advice includes using dishwashing liquid.

Dishwashing liquid's oil-fighting powers come from its degreasing properties, which are excellent for not only removing oil from your kitchenware but also from your clothes. Simply put a few drops of dishwashing liquid on the stain, rub it in, and let it sit for about five to 10 minutes before washing the clothing item normally. You can be sure to say goodbye to that pesky stain in no time!

So, next time you find yourself lamenting those unsightly oil stains on your favourite clothes, why not give these ingenious tips a go? We'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences in the comments below on how you’ve dealt with pesky oil stains in the past. Remember, members, one person's oil-stained blouse is another's blank canvas for creative cleaning solutions.

Sponsored
Dishwashing liquid is not only good for household oil and grease removal. I regularly get a mark on my leggings from accidently leaning against the exhaust pipe of my car. I rub a little bit of the liquid in and hey presto - the mark is gone.